• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Mostly) French Super Team

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
Team Gadret, Voeckler will be past in by 2013 anyway - Kern I tell you

be great if the 2013 tour had 150 km ITT over 3 stages 2-3 Medium mountain 7 big mountain stages and it will still be Kern (and Rolland )

Kern's 30 as well already :p He won't be getting a lot better imo

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Kern's 30 as well already :p He won't be getting a lot better imo

Pinot is the real deal, to a lesser extent rolland i think.

dupont, voeckler, gadret etc all capable of a good placing. Not so sure I see them ever winning a GT, in fact I dont.

jens_attacks said:
mostly french super team...hmmmm...i can only think about the great festina death squad.
GD7984688@Frenchman-Richard-Vir-4429.jpg

who can forget that europcar had the strongest team in this year's tour...top of the galibier half of the riders were green...rolland-voeckler-gautier-charteau-jerome... la cerise sur le gateau

i think europcar is better without the other french guys from the other teams.it will be chaos with all of them

Love that Festina shot albeit with Neil Stephens super clean Aussie in it..... Looks like they're practicing their breaking going up hill. It was tough back in the day to get around those hairpins going so fast.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
who can forget that europcar had the strongest team in this year's tour...top of the galibier half of the riders were green...rolland-voeckler-gautier-charteau-jerome... la cerise sur le gateau
WHAT! this years tour was a joke regarding letting a 2nd rate team sit and dictate a pace even i could have attacked off the front.
when the heat was turned up to close gaps, they let other teams do it.

the big teams are so worried about covering each other, they turned a great spectacle into a debarcle.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

dupont, voeckler, gadret etc all capable of a good placing. Not so sure I see them ever winning a GT, in fact I dont.

John Gadret pretty much matched Scarponi in the mountains. He beat Nibali in them. He lost time to them in the ttt, in stage 5 where he attacked from 30k and in the itt at the end.

Nibali is a grand tour winner and Scarponi is a major grand tour challenger. Gadret is in their league. Worse in the tt, but with a bit of luck definately someone that can win a gt.

Rolland on current form is not in Gadrets league. He could win a gt but only if he continues to improve over the next 3 4 years, and at 25, well, not all riders keep improving after that age. For some that is their peak.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
John Gadret pretty much matched Scarponi in the mountains. He beat Nibali in them. He lost time to them in the ttt, in stage 5 where he attacked from 30k and in the itt at the end.

Nibali is a grand tour winner and Scarponi is a major grand tour challenger. Gadret is in their league. Worse in the tt, but with a bit of luck definately someone that can win a gt.

Rolland on current form is not in Gadrets league. He could win a gt but only if he continues to improve over the next 3 4 years, and at 25, well, not all riders keep improving after that age. For some that is their peak.

That was my point really, devolpment.
Personally I don't see gadret ever beating the giro's result. I think he got some degree of freedom also, but this could cause a speculation discussion which is uneccesary.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Titi was close though :(

Also Dupont and Gadret showed some climbing prowess(as pro's !) before they were 30

I think that would be fun. Problem would be too many chefs spoil the broth and Voeckler and Chavanel would probably have a hissy fit at each other like at the French Nats and let someone from another team win.

Gadret, Peraud and Rolland for overall
Kern and Voeckler to try target those races. ( based on this year Voeckler could )

They probably would need a better sprinting train.
Pineau/ Geniez/ Pinot for KOM
Chavanel, Kadri and Offredo for Classics

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
I think that would be fun. Problem would be too many chefs spoil the broth and Voeckler and Chavanel would probably have a hissy fit at each other like at the French Nats and let someone from another team win.

Gadret, Peraud and Rolland for overall
Kern and Voeckler to try target those races. ( aced on this year Voeckler could )

They probably would need a better sprinting train.
Pineau/ Geniez/ Pinot for KOM
Chavanel, Kadri and Offredo for Classics

You do know Chavanel is the national Champion of France right?

TRENDING THREADS