• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moulton

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
OK Somebody started a what is the coolest single-speed thread, so I think I need a cooler one. Moulton seperable bikes. Put one in your suitcase when you travel, what could be more cool. The price (at least in the U.S.) however is crazy - the only reason I don't have one, but they keep calling me back. Possibly a TSR30 for versitility? What do you think? Will I be more cool than the uber-dope fixie crowd, or is it just Fred incognito?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
TheDude said:
OK Somebody started a what is the coolest single-speed thread, so I think I need a cooler one. Moulton seperable bikes. Put one in your suitcase when you travel, what could be more cool. The price (at least in the U.S.) however is crazy - the only reason I don't have one, but they keep calling me back. Possibly a TSR30 for versitility? What do you think? Will I be more cool than the uber-dope fixie crowd, or is it just Fred incognito?

Moultons remind me of Terry Pratchett's Monks of Cool. The correct response when asked which outfit was the coolest was whatever I decide! Not sure there is an uncool Moulton only uncool observers.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
While I've not read Terry Pratchett, I think you are on to something. As of today I have decided it is uber-cool to be a Fred. I think I'll grow a beard and get houndstooth cycling shorts.