• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mr 63%, Jimmy Briceño

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, I dont find a theat to talk about cycling in iberoamerica.

World Tour is a clean world, but as Cavendish sais, someone can be ****ing your wife, you can say anybody, some people is always to take risk even to follow the peloton...

But in latinoamerica anything, or just a little have changed.

San l¡Luis could be the race with less doping, but you can see how several riders beat Quintana in a long hard climb, or a lot of peole beating riders as Braijkovic or Dani Moreno.

Of course they are not in top form, but with that capacity, why that people are not going to Europe?. Why is Gaviria saying he dont mind money?? he knows he cant shine in Europe (in the world Tour, I mean) as the same way than America, althoug he is really fast, the same for Dani Diaz, he has beated Contador and Quintana, any team coud sign a rider like him, but is not going to happen in the current cycling.

Colombian riders that came to Europe are good, in some cases very big riders, as Quintana, Uran, Henao, Betancur, but you need to know that when they race in europe, for races there, no way.

Some things are changing there, but still a long way to do, they are now there like here in the 90th.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
just copied from regular forum:

hard to say about diaz. can't say I trust him completely now. at san luis I'm pretty sure he was clean considering in local races their team often got beaten by known dopers like dotti in the mountains. also a reason I think why argentine fed never sent any of those riders to san luis. though in recent times they cleaned up especially in youth.

funvic is a team I would normally trust. brazil used to be the biggest dopinghorde in the world. worse than portugal but they changed a lot after 2007 already working towards rio maybe. I don't have direct sources for brazilian cycling but I think it's pretty clean right now. still diaz performance is incredible. funvic is a very good team though with trainers and modern techniques. better than san luis I'm sure. a lot more money too

also diaz natural talent is unmistakable considering he rode in spain as a very young rider and he tore up the scene being the sensation there and being offered a wt contract by geox. when geox fell through he lost all motivation and barely showed anything at la pomme.

edit: gaviria is the worst example you could come up with. the guy is barely 20 and focusing on rio 2016 and the world championships this year. only after that he is considering road career.

Ryo Hazuki said:
just copied from regular forum:

hard to say about diaz. can't say I trust him completely now. at san luis I'm pretty sure he was clean considering in local races their team often got beaten by known dopers like dotti in the mountains. also a reason I think why argentine fed never sent any of those riders to san luis. though in recent times they cleaned up especially in youth.

funvic is a team I would normally trust. brazil used to be the biggest dopinghorde in the world. worse than portugal but they changed a lot after 2007 already working towards rio maybe. I don't have direct sources for brazilian cycling but I think it's pretty clean right now. still diaz performance is incredible. funvic is a very good team though with trainers and modern techniques. better than san luis I'm sure. a lot more money too

also diaz natural talent is unmistakable considering he rode in spain as a very young rider and he tore up the scene being the sensation there and being offered a wt contract by geox. when geox fell through he lost all motivation and barely showed anything at la pomme.

edit: gaviria is the worst example you could come up with. the guy is barely 20 and focusing on rio 2016 and the world championships this year. only after that he is considering road career.

I used to talk with pro riders and all opf them say the same of funvic: big dopers onto the sudamerican dopers. Diniz has nothing to do in Europe, the same as rey Juan Carlos from Costa Rica when he was in Ponferrada...

Cycling there is as here 10 years ago. Some rides told me they were offered EPO by his shoes in the hotel...

Today, in the ITT will be different, becouse tecnic is important, but anyway world Tour riders as Dombroski or Braijkociv, are in inferiority. it is true that they are mostly training as well, but people as Braikovic and Danielson will try to win

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
I used to talk with pro riders and all opf them say the same of funvic: big dopers onto the sudamerican dopers. Diniz has nothing to do in Europe, the same as rey Juan Carlos from Costa Rica when he was in Ponferrada...

Cycling there is as here 10 years ago. Some rides told me they were offered EPO by his shoes in the hotel...

Today, in the ITT will be different, becouse tecnic is important, but anyway world Tour riders as Dombroski or Braijkociv, are in inferiority. it is true that they are mostly training as well, but people as Braikovic and Danielson will try to win
what pro riders did you talk to? from brazil? from funvic? costa rica doping is terrible but it has cleaned up a lot except rojas brothers. in ponferrada roja was in the race quite long

Funvic was very very strong last year in Tour do Brasil.
In the first stage they did a 4x100Km team time trial (with 2 passengers) to beat the peloton.
Their dominance continued like that at least for the first 4 stages (4 out of 11 riders in the break in the 2nd stage, 5 out of 10 in the 3rd, then 1-3 in the ITT), and then they decided to give some room to other teams... Nonetheless, they still showed their superiority, like in stage 5: places 2-3-4-7.

Re:

lartiste said:
He is back, Mr. 63%, just won 2019 Vuelta al Tachira en Bicicleta :lol:

Result / Final classification
1/ Jimmi Briceno - 28h50'23"
2/ Luis Mora - +0'53"
3/ Jhonathan Salinas Duque - +1'20"
4/ Ronald Javier Gonzalez Escalante - +1'42"
5/ Miguel Eduardo Florez Lopez - +1'59"

Lire la suite / Read more: https://www.velowire.com/UCIcyclingcalendar/race/4271/vuelta-al-tachira-en-bicicleta.html#ixzz5d9b1C9Ym
This is ridiculous. In Venezuela, he probably can dope without limits!

TRENDING THREADS