• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 138 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Having a little trouble here getting this heavy thing started.
DSCN5020.jpg

But that's all right - if you fail once, you might as well try again, and fail once more!

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

Taking a break from several straight days of Guided by Voices, it's time to pimp Built to Spill back when they were almost twee.

The second verse of this has possibly the indiest lyrics of all time, including everything ever written by both Stephen Malkmus AND Morrissey.

"This part of the song is called the second verse / it sounds just like the first verse, but with different words / it only has 3 chords, and they are A, E and D/ they are A, and E, and D"

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
"This part of the song is called the second verse / it sounds just like the first verse, but with different words / it only has 3 chords, and they are A, E and D/ they are A, and E, and D"

Reminds me a bit of Die Ärzte's "Schopenhauer":

"Gleich sind die 3 Minuten um // So langsam wird es wirklich eng // Und darum hören wir jetzt auf // Mit diesem schönen Schlussrefrain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCw6Qkkgcc8

as well as of their A-capella song "A-moll" from "5, 6, 7, 8 Bullenstaat":

"A-moll A-moll G G F F
A-moll A-moll C C D!
A-moll A-moll G G F F
A-moll A-moll C C D!
A-moll
C!
A-moll
C!
A-moll A-moll A-moll
C C D!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoKrOMAjAE

I'm heading for a Nick Cave concert in a few hours, which means I'm pretty much OD'ing on all things Cave right now. One of the national radio stations have been celebrating Cave for the last six (!) hours, and are just about to finish up the countdown of the listeners' favorite songs.

This is number three

Here's number two

Aaaand number one

I don't know exactly which one is my favorite, but this is certainly one of them.

Straight to You

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Good choice, it's hard to believe he came from the factory of fail that is Australian Idol!

I'm listening to his predecessor, Jeff Buckley - Grace, extended version. Passionate stuff.

I didn't even knew he was from Australian Idol's, until a searched it. I pretend to do he never came there;)

Jeff Buckley indeed is really good to, some real artists.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Sometimes these talent shows produce some interesting artists.

Like this one.

I come from Holland and here it is a real hype, not only in a positive way.

I don't know what to think about it. Of course frightening good, but you know the transformation to a commerical slave has begun:(

Arredondo said:
I come from Holland and here it is a real hype, not only in a positive way.

I don't know what to think about it. Of course frightening good, but you know the transformation to a commerical slave has begun:(
I like what LuckyTV has done with it, I don't necessarily like the original. Although of course for a 9-year-old she really is quite good.