• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 284 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:

....oh, first we had dream pap, now its bubblegum dream pap....geez man you really gotta get your head out of the clouds....cause chewing on stuff like this is going to rot your teeth.....

...question....there is this discussion in English Lit departments that used to waft around occasionally as to whether tragic comedy can actually function/exist....so to push that discussion thingee into music....it is possible to have nightmare pop, you now, like dream pop, but different ?....and do you think it would ever make it to become a "Billboard charting" ?....

Cheers

Re: Re:

blutto said:
aphronesis said:

....oh, first we had dream pap, now its bubblegum dream pap....geez man you really gotta get your head out of the clouds....cause chewing on stuff like this is going to rot your teeth.....

...question....there is this discussion in English Lit departments that used to waft around occasionally as to whether tragic comedy can actually function/exist....so to push that discussion thingee into music....it is possible to have nightmare pop, you now, like dream pop, but different ?....and do you think it would ever make it to become a "Billboard charting" ?....

Cheers

Don't know. I always shunned English lit majors and depts. Why you ask? What political demographic do you think they've belonged to lately. Hair on fire identity ghetto? That's right.

There's smart pop. Good pop. And bad pop. I don't worry about the rest.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

aphronesis said:
blutto said:
aphronesis said:

Cheers

Don't know. I always shunned English lit majors and depts. Why you ask? What political demographic do you think they've belonged to lately. Hair on fire identity ghetto? That's right.

There's smart pop. Good pop. And bad pop. I don't worry about the rest.

...its ok...it was just a long winded rhetorical question thingee....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

aphronesis said:
blutto said:
aphronesis said:

Cheers

There's smart poop. Good poop. And bad poop. I don't worry about the rest.

....and as we all know good poop is very important, especially as you grow older....

....so there you go, you've now successfully cemented your doctrinaire poop sensibilities into reinforced concrete....

....btw we are all waiting with bated breath to have you serenade us with The Archies and other historically significant poop favourites....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....oh gawd I can be such a child sometimes....but I have such fond memories of playing in the bath water when I was a wee tyke and they just pop out sometimes....sorry !....the good news is my therapist says this will soon be all flushed out of my system....really looking forward to getting that behind me so I can continue to carpet bomb the Music Thread into the 80's, then the 70's, then the 60's, then the 50's and right back beyond the travelling minstrel times ...

Cheers

blutto said:
aphronesis said:

Cheers

I don't think you worked through the clips.

There's more to life than sitting at a dinner table in the fretted note with a two drink minimum surrounded by geezers who know the dead's pig pen or whatever else happened then and think it's relevant.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

aphronesis said:
blutto said:
aphronesis said:

Cheers

I don't think you worked through the clips.

There's more to life than sitting at a dinner table in the fretted note with a two drink minimum surrounded by geezers who know the dead's pig pen or whatever else happened then and think it's relevant.

....no, listened to every anguished and heart-wrenching word....well most of them....ok, I might have missed one or two but I got the gist, mostly, eh...like what was to work out, I got the feeling the guy was really pissed at something or other...and his minder seemed pretty concerned, like he was afraid the guy's meds would wear off or something....I mean the guy has issues if you know what I'm sayin'.....or was there a sweet ballad or a lullaby I missed ?....

....and before I go quietly into the night one more thing....like are you insinuating that I am a dead-head !? because them right there is fighting words if you is....I will not stand and have my considerable honour besmirched in that manner....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....kidding aside that was quite interesting.....truthfully not really my cup of tea but quite interesting ....now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Cheer

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
His minder writes the music. Brave new world out there.

As for the rest: you want to pound suds and argue the greatest version of Dark Star?

whatever.

....oh, so the minder is the organ grinder, and the monkey is, uhh, the monkey....wow that is so cool, not especially novel, or brave, or new, but still....I mean its a great shtick....for about a rant and a half....and then not so much ....something about the sameosity, like the monkey don't have much range eh....

... as for the other thing I thought there was only one......and really never thought of Carpenter as capable of comedy but if memory serves me well it wasn't half bad....

Cheers