• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 314 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tonton said:
Tonight, definitely, Johnny Hallyday.

First TV in 1960, mostly covers of US rock in the '60s, completely reinvented himself in the '70s and 80's, sold 110M albums, The Man. His last concert was just a few months ago...then lung cancer diagnostic. Lifestyle caught up for the party animal.

He was said to be "The greatest singer you never heard of" by Anglo media, and it's true, had his agent and label done what others did for Celine Dion (French speaking), there would never have been a Bruce Springsteen. What a voice, what a punch!

Johnny passed away today. RIP. A lot of people are mourning: he was our youth, he was one of us. Larger than life. I used his late '90s stuff in my Tibopino video on YouTube. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoGGZk2y3Eg
Great choice.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Ryo Fukui - Mellow Dreams

jsem94 said:
Kamasi Washington - The Rhythm Changes

One of my favorite tunes of all time now. It's absolutely gorgeous and damn near makes me cry. It's not even a rhythm change song, but it resembles one in a way, at least the A part of the melody.

Kamasi Washington is great! I got hooked on it from the very first piano bit on the opening track of The Epic. There is a cheesy kind of bigband sound I really can't stand, but besides that I actually really like elaborate instrumentation in jazz. Charles Mingus' big band stuff is something I listen to loads as well. Kamasi Washington's stuff is very original though, the choir he employs on many occasions on The Epic and the EP he released a couple of months ago works really well!

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Tom Waits ~ Lucky Day

There is only one type of person in this world: people who love Tom Waits. People who don't love Tom Waits are dead to me.
A modern Ovid, a master storyteller, an artist who paints his images with sound. He can be as avant-garde (and bizarre) as Zappa, yet he remains engaging, approachable, even vulnerable, sympathetic. And I love his acting performances if for no other reason than he makes impossibly absurd roles believable.

TRENDING THREADS