• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
I forgot... nearly anything by The White Stripes. A guitar and drum.... who knew?

Love them:

"I'm only waiting for the proper time to tell you
That it's impossible to get along with you
It's hard to look you in the face when we are talking
So it helps to have a mirror in the room

I've not been really looking forward to the performance
But there's my cue and there's a question on your face
Fortunately I have come across an answer
Which is go away
And do not leave a trace"

One of my favorite lines in any song anywhere...maybe because I bought this CD a couple of weeks before separating from my ex-wife...I am not as mad at her anymore, but still.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I heard Carolyn Wonderland and her band in a bar while in Austin, Texas for a conference. Great voice. Worth a listen.

I forgot who recommended Rodrigo y Gabriela - thanks. I am hooked! If you enjoy classical guitar, try John Williams.

Teenage Fanclub
Yo la Tengo
Sebadoh
The Lemonheads
Velvet Crush
The Posies
Matthew Sweet
Dinosaur Jr

I'm very much an early 90's powerpop'ish kinda guy :)

At this very moment though, I'm listening to the incredibly cool Cowboy Junkies debut album Whites Off Earth Now. Margo Timmins is one of my favorite (female) singers along with Paula Frazer and The Walkabouts' Carla Torgerson. They've all got such a lovely country twang in their voices. Magnificent!

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Pretty diverse in musical tastes: KMFDM to Sarband to Dead can Dance to Oakenfold to Beethoven ad infinitum... If you want to get really psyched for a TT or high interval, checkout "Megalomaniac" by KMFDM. Youtube has the video (not to fond of) but the music will push you further when your legs don't want to.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
4AD fan here as well Lifeshape. It has been years since I have pulled out the DCD and Cocteau Twins.

Can you recommend other modern polyphony type music over the past 10 years?

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
4AD fan here as well Lifeshape. It has been years since I have pulled out the DCD and Cocteau Twins.

Can you recommend other modern polyphony type music over the past 10 years?
Sarband is pretty polyphony, but noticeably different than DCD and others. I forgot to mention "Madrigal Meridian" by Tangerine Dream. Check out imeem.com-- awesome music sharing going on there... sure to broaden musical tastes.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm listening to whatever Pandora throws at me. I opened my "account" with a Beck song. Pandora's struggling, I think. They've venture out as far as MGMT and Ryan Adams. Beck is Pandora's Achilles Heel.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
I'm listening to whatever Pandora throws at me. I opened my "account" with a Beck song. Pandora's struggling, I think. They've venture out as far as MGMT and Ryan Adams. Beck is Pandora's Achilles Heel.

hehe yeah, that's a pretty far stretch...

Is pandora ripping the free (streaming) songs available from sites like myspace etc?

"Cypress Hill, Los grandes exitos en espanol"

Bala Verde said:
hehe yeah, that's a pretty far stretch...

Is pandora ripping the free (streaming) songs available from sites like myspace etc?

"Cypress Hill, Los grandes exitos en espanol"

i have used pandora for about 2 years. they are very good at linking what
YOU like in a stream. they do not get anything from Myspace. you do
need to pay attention to the songs you hear. if you do or do not like a song,
use the thumbs up/down button and it remembers your choice. they will sneak
things in to try and see if you like it. they are trying to sell stuff, so they will
do that. all the music pandora uses is available for purchase.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Just picked up The Best of Funkadelic on wax.
CDSEWD151%20FUNKADELIC%20BEST.jpg

...and Slayer World Painted Blood cd
SLAYER-WORLD-PAINTED-BLOOD1.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Pandora's now playing My Bloody Valentine. Pandora is BAFFLED. I've made liberal use of the thumbs up/down feature. But that's some musical latitude! From Beck to My Bloody Valentine. Really?

TRENDING THREADS