• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 279 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Yngwie and Neil? Come on "man" This isn't where it's at.

I wouldn't be snide but for your absurd "solo" post.

....keyboard please.....no make that two keyboards....cause I may have a flashback....

...sweet jaysus !.....you just said...."I wouldn't be snide"...."but for" !?!?.....dude are you kidding me !? ....you breath in snide, you breath out snide, damn you probably fart snide, that being said its a huge part of your considerable charm.....now I'm not saying that's bad cause when blutto grow up he want to be snidely just like you...right now blutto just loud mouth jerk but blutto has aspirations eh...full bore snidelyhood is what he craves....we could even be like a team , like super heroes or something....we could level entire independent coffee shops full of deep thinkers by unleashing snide bombs....we would be great....

The Snidely Gang....I'm digging it :D ....watcha think...?....

...as for that solo thingee....Typo and Neil ?....you're absolutely right, not really the best comparo....primordial sludge vs musical diarrhea....smelly no matter how you cut it....though I'll give it to Neil, good Canadian kid, eh, tough in the corners....and he plays the spaces better....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Hey, you let the Kylie off repeat?

....yeah, lost my lodestar....now spinning out of control and reaching frantically for flotsam.....into Blur now, and if that fails hoping Coldplay will save me....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Snide is for gratuitous arguments.

You have great A string riffs, let's hear them?

....Mickey Baker, Grant Green, Tiny Grimes, Al Casey, Jody Harris, Peter Green, James Burton, Albert Lee, Jimmy Bryant, Ernest Ranglin, Lowman Pauling, James Calvin Wilsey, Hubert Sumlin, Richard Thompson, Robbie Robertson, Chet Atkins, Lennie Breau, Jack Wilkins, T-Bone Walker have all had musical moments that I have greatly enjoyed....and there is a whack of others....

....Richards was/is a good rhythm player in a great band....and if you want to score it the third best player to have been in that band...and truth be known was never drawn to that band much in the first place....really more of a Monkees kinda guy, you know, all pop, all the time.....now that was a band eh !....all attitude, little or no chops....a true pioneering precursor thingee to what followed....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
More oldies. It was tongue in cheek and I don't rank musicians. Sounds like. Bike racing.

...yeah oldies, or to put it another way, players who have stood the test of time....

....curious, which players in the more recent past/present have impressed you ?....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
I'll think on it. Meanwhile, speaking of the 80s, great Canadians and nostalgia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

Kurt Vile from a few pages back. Chris Forsyth.

....do note that nostalgia is significantly different from nausea ( Adams is really technicolour yawn inducing....though he did somehow manage to get an Oscar....that being said Obama did get a Nobel.... :surprised: )....most definitely not as good as The Monkees.....

....funnily, speaking of vomit, this came up on YouTube just after that Adams dreck you posted....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS