• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

My Winter Rubber

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I love winter :D

DSC00289.jpg
[/IMG]

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
your nearly right. wrong end of vittoria's tyre line

the 'rubino' 700 by 23 is the ultimate puncture proof winter rubber.
$12!!!!!

14 of us road the 25mm version at Flanders last year and not 1 puncture

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
These Kendas are the current fall/winter/spring choice for me on the cross bike. The Nokians only see action on the really snowy/icy days as they give considerably more rolling resistance.
kenflsga.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tubularglue said:
It was a decision in which I had no choice. My bike told me so. :D

nice tyres although in my experience the sidewalls are too flimsy and subject to cutting. tried them and loved them but ditched them based on longevity (or lack of) and value.

my winter tyres are conti 4 season duraskin 25's. light, tough and super grippy. god knows what their engineers put in the rubber but in works! perfect for northern european winters.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
LugHugger said:
nice tyres although in my experience the sidewalls are too flimsy and subject to cutting. tried them and loved them but ditched them based on longevity (or lack of) and value.

my winter tyres are conti 4 season duraskin 25's. light, tough and super grippy. god knows what their engineers put in the rubber but in works! perfect for northern european winters.

Well, they say 4 season, so a 28c is my year round rear tire in Miami. I have over 3,000 miles on the one I'm currently riding and expect to get 1,500 to 2,000 more. I can only fit a 25 on the front so I'm riding a gp 4000.

I guess it's fall. Today it was around 85 degrees F. The coldest it ever gets here is high 40's and that's cold. Usual winter weather is like 65 to 75 degrees.

I like a lot of air and at 175lbs, I get a silky ride at 85 to 90psi.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
buckwheat said:
I guess it's fall. Today it was around 85 degrees F. The coldest it ever gets here is high 40's and that's cold. Usual winter weather is like 65 to 75 degrees.

I like a lot of air and at 175lbs, I get a silky ride at 85 to 90psi.

Ha! Miami winters must be rough. You have 2 seasons, warm and warmer. Try riding in -30F windchill with ice all over the roads!:eek:

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Ha! Miami winters must be rough. You have 2 seasons, warm and warmer. Try riding in -30F windchill with ice all over the roads!:eek:

You're right, actually it's dry season and rainy season, but yeah, winters are nice. I rode on Long Island last December and it was in the low 30's a couple of days. Not bad except you have to protect the toes, the hands and the head,face, ears.

-30 windchill is life threatening, especially with the ice. Jeez, yeah, you're crazy.:D

TRENDING THREADS