• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championships

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
Seems Kirchen kept his TT title in Luxembourg.
Looking at the results,i see Laurent Didier 2nd and Christian Poos 3rd.
Where were the Schlecks?:confused:

Probably recuperating? They have no chance in hell against Kim, so why bother if you are having physical issues to conquer in two weeks?

Susan Westemeyer said:
Neither of the Schlecks rode the race. Fränk pulled out a couple of days ago, Andy yesterday afternoon. They are both scheduled to ride the road race Sunday.

There were only four riders in the TT.

Susan

I hope Frank will solve his knee problems till next saturday.
Only 4 riders? In this case,i'm really sorry for the guy who didn't make the podium.:p

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
I hope Frank will solve his knee problems till next saturday.
Only 4 riders? In this case,i'm really sorry for the guy who didn't make the podium.:p

Better than 2005 when Andy Schleck won ;)

He was the only rider in the race

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
laurentiu46 said:
They probably thought "we should help the kid have more confidence in himself",that's why the Schecklet was left alone. Couldn't miss the victory.:D

Ouch! What if he had fallen, being unable to finish... That would have anihilated any confidence he had...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
tyler2999202 said:
How soon is the Spanish TT championship? Is it possible that it has already happened or on right now?

Contador won the TT over Luis Leon Sanchez.

1. Alberto Contador (Astana) 1:04:40
2. Luis León Sánchez (Caisse d’Epargne) 0:00:36
3. Ruben Plaza (Liberty Seguros) 0:01:04
4. Francisco Mancebo (Rock Racing) 0:01:46
5. Iván Gutiérrez (Caisse d’Epargne) 0:01:50

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Berty Grabsch took the German TT, as was to be expected...

Results:
1. Bert Grabsch (Columbia)in 48m25s
2. Tony Martin (Columbia) 11s
3. Jens Voigt (Saxo Bank) 1m16s
4. Stefan Schäfer (LKT Team Brandenburg) 1m22s
5. Roger Kluge (LKT Team Brandenburg) op 1m31s

Good result by Tony...

titan_90 said:
Contador won the TT over Luis Leon Sanchez.

1. Alberto Contador (Astana) 1:04:40
2. Luis León Sánchez (Caisse d’Epargne) 0:00:36
3. Ruben Plaza (Liberty Seguros) 0:01:04
4. Francisco Mancebo (Rock Racing) 0:01:46
5. Iván Gutiérrez (Caisse d’Epargne) 0:01:50

So,Bert is going stronger and stronger in the TT...watch out Lance.
The kid looks ready to wipe the floor with you right from the start.;)

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Canadian TT Champs:

1. Svein Tuft (Garmin)
2. Christian Meier (Garmin)
3. Zach Bell (Kelly Benefit Strategies)
4. Ryan Roth (Planet Energy)
5. Will Routley (Jelly Belly Pro Cycling)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
No Clement, Boom, and Posthuma?

lol you read my mind there...

dekker will be up there too, im not so sure about gesink tho, haven't seen the parcours for the tt, but unless it has some hill sections, i doubt it. Morenhout could surprise too, he rode a really good tt in the dauphine (one of the reasons i half expected him at the tour, rather then niermann.. apart from that no complaints about this years rabobank sqaud :D). But i think Boom will repeat his victory form last yeear (kid is talented, i predict him to wear the rainbow stripes in the TT form one day)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

dekker will be up there too, im not so sure about gesink tho, haven't seen the parcours for the tt, but unless it has some hill sections, i doubt it. Morenhout could surprise too, he rode a really good tt in the dauphine (one of the reasons i half expected him at the tour, rather then niermann.. apart from that no complaints about this years rabobank sqaud :D). But i think Boom will repeat his victory form last yeear (kid is talented, i predict him to wear the rainbow stripes in the TT form one day)

I somehow expected Posthuma to be left out. He's a good TTer, but given Koosies TT in the RvBelgium, and his experience as a team captain, I think they were about equal, while experience would still tip the balance toward Koos. Nierman, from reading Gesink's blog, seems to be his room mate and pal on the squad. I think that, besides him being a great domestique, is worth something as well...

Can't wait till tomorrow. Moerenhout was close last year, if it wasn't for that 'jack of all trades' Boom. How's Kai's condition?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Can't wait till tomorrow. Moerenhout was close last year, if it wasn't for that 'jack of all trades' Boom. How's Kai's condition?

he did an ok ster elektrotour and will be doing austria next month.
domestique for tomorrow i guess.

i think we're gonaa see a good dutch championship.
vacansoleil is very motivated and any not yet -selected skil rider will probably be added to the tour squad if he wins. the parcours doesn't seem to be hard enough to leave the second-tier riders without a chance so it's probably gonna be all out all day.

just have to endure maarten ducrot for one afternoon :(

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

You do realise that the Dutch TT is on 27 august (just before the Vuelta) and Boom already said he probably won't be there because of the Vuelta. I never understood why the KNWU decided to split the two championships up a couple of years ago. The TT really suffers from it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I heard Gesink say tonight that the course was harder than it may appear, judging by the havoc caused in the espoirs race, where Kruijswijk beat Sinkeldam in the sprint with the groups around four and 10 minutes behind!

It should be a good race between Gesink and Boom. I think anyone else would be a surprise.

edit - Marianne Vos took the ladies title for the third time.

TRENDING THREADS