• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team. Thanks!

National Football League

Page 235 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
All of these QB's about to be discarded will find work. It's whether they find work as a starting QB, that's the question. As we have seen from the rash of injuries, it really benefits a team to have an experienced, skilled back-up (Chip Kelly stated just this).

Right now it looks like Tennessee, Cleveland, San Diego, Dallas and SF are the bottom feeders here. The 49ers are done with Kaep and Gabbert, and a flatlined organization. So picking a QB early in the draft will help re-ignite hope.

2017's draft seems a bit thin on QB, except one potential star, Brad Kaaya of Miami.

The most likely destination for RG3 to me is Dallas. But that $16m extension on his contract may be tricky. The genius of Dan Snyder at work.

If the Browns draft yet another QB in the first round, they really are a hapless organization. But having an impatient owner, and a revolving door office and coaching staff, you never know.

One interesting draft note. Penn State's QB Christian Hackenberg was highly touted two seasons ago as a future pro. He's since played good, but not as well. His stock seems to have dropped a little, and he will probably get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. The team that really could draft him there is Houston. Why? Because coach Bill O'Brien was the coach of Penn State when he recruited Hackenberg and Hackenberg rose so quickly.

As to Eli, he has proven himself to be remarkably durable, and I imagine the Giants will peg him as their starter in 2016, and maybe 2017. But I also think Ol' Tom Coughlin is likely finished in New York, if not this year, next, the Giants will start a re-build with a new coach, and likely a new QB. So drafting someone in the 3rd round or so, especially if they get a steal in their eyes, may be too hard to pass up.

Boy, all this off-season talk, and the season isn't even over!
It IS the off season for the teams/players that we are discussing! :D

I could definitely see RG3 or Kaep going to Dallas, ( maybe even New O, or CLE). I think that Gabbert stays in SF though (starter or back up). What if RG3 has an amazing game in the playoffs, then what? While the draft could be thin on ready to play QBs, I think that there will be a sleeper (Mayfield?) who will become an elite level QB. ie: I don't think that Mariota was ready. I think that he will be better next year especially if they can protect him, and he can avoid injury (I guess that goes for every QB:).
 
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
on3m@n@rmy said:
jmdirt said:
RE: Chip. Maybe being GM and coach is too much for anybody, but some of the moves he made were solid. I don't think that Phili was that far away from doubling their win total and being a playoff team. IMO, he can be a good coach in the NFL. Lurie said it was a risk/reward thing, I think that he should have risked one more year with Chip as the coach, but give Roseman his old job back (he did that part). Bringing in a new coach, and new system next year will likely make for a building year with 4-6 wins. They should draft a QB to build the new system around. So will chip be at USC next season?
Double-duties as GM & HC is a tough row to hoe. When the HC shows up in suits and ties to do the GM duties, he can't focus on the coaching duties that still need to get done. And when he shows up in T-shirts for the HC duties, the GM duties are neglected. The only way it can work is if the HC has solid assistants to carry out the HC role when he's being GM, and excellent front office/player personnel guys to do the GM duties when he's acting as the HC. But IMO, it is way too much responsibility to do both jobs really well, which requires attention to detail in this era of the NFL. I think it is incumbent on the owner to realize that, staff accordingly, and not set the HC up for failure. So Lurie is responsible for part of the mess in Philly.

So, I think Chip can be a good if not great HC in the NFL. It may take some more time to get there, but I can think of one current NFL HC who pretty much flopped in his first two NFL HC stints, and is doing just fine in his third kick at the cat.

Not a huge crop of great QBs in this 2016 draft. There are 3 guys, maybe 4, who could go first round, and the 3rd and 4th guys at the top of the list could be a stretch as a first rounder. With the constant need and desire to get a franchise QB, there will be some stretching going on for a QB in 2016. After those first 4 QBs, the next 4 are 2nd to 4th rounders. The problem for Philly is currently there are 8 teams who would draft ahead of them if the draft was held today, and 3 of those teams may be seriously in the hunt for a QB (SD, SF, CLE).

At the top of the QB prospects list, I like Cal Bears QB Jared Goff best, followed by Memphis' Paxton Lynch. Goff has been impressive when I've seen him play. Both have good arm strength to make all the throws, but Goff gets the edge on accuracy, vision, and footwork. Lynch needs some work on footwork and vision, and consistency with accuracy. Lynch gets the edge on durability (at 6'6" to 6'7" and 230 to 245 lbs.) Goff will need to put some good weight on his 6'4" 210 lb slight frame.
Rivers, Gabbert (Kaep), and Manziel are out? I see all four of those staying put. Of course that doesn't mean that these teams won't be looking for a QB. Even if Rivers plays another year or two, its time for them to start looking to the future. I don't see SF making a major change behind center. As much as JFM tries be F up, he still seems to be the guy in CLE. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I could see both Goff and Lynch being good in the NFL.

I think the 49ers will definitely look for a QB in the draft. Some people don't like Goff and prefer Lynch, Goff is supposed to throw a lot of intercepts ? Kaep staying at the 49ers looks unlikely but Gabbert also has not totally convinced. Both of them played behind a miserable Offensive Line and that has to be sorted out as well. But it seems that many people agree that it is not a vintage crop of QBs for the draft this time. 49ers will be expected to lose to the Rams this week leaving them on four wins for the season. Most people expect some coaching shake ups at the 49ers as well. Maybe Tomsula will last until early next season unless the 49ers can turn things around but they will firmly continue in rebuild mode in 2016 after the team was decimated in 2014.
 
Re: Re:

Generally you don't want to can your coach unless you have a good idea who you're seeking to replace him with. Of course, this hasn't stopped some teams (Cleveland) from repeatedly making this mistake.

Though I generally agree with your assessment, I really think the 49ers will want to wipe the slate with QB's and look to the draft for new hope. Their OL is actually talented, but Staley is aging and banged up, Kigore out for most of the season. Boone held out, then got recently hurt for the season, Marcus Martin is I think out. Their running game suffered when Reggie Bush tore his meniscus. Torrey Smith has been out most of the season, and Boldin playing hurt. And they got rid of Davis... Granted, injuries are mostly a wash in the NFL, every team has them. But the 49er offense got hit especially hard.

I seriously, seriously doubt RG3 will play in the playoffs, let alone every again for Washington. Here's why: The way his contract extension for 2016 is written, is that if he enters next season on the IR, the Skins owe him the full $16m on this contract. If not, they can cut him. Plus, there's zero reason to showcase him for a trade - everyone knows who he is. Gruden has stated clearly that McCoy is the backup to Cousins. So even this week I imagine McCoy will play, maybe every snap, and Cousins will suit up in case McCoy gets hurt.

You guys may recall when I was highly critical with Washington exercising the extension on his contract.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/01/news/companies/rg3-contract/
 
Re: Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Generally you don't want to can your coach unless you have a good idea who you're seeking to replace him with. Of course, this hasn't stopped some teams (Cleveland) from repeatedly making this mistake.

Though I generally agree with your assessment, I really think the 49ers will want to wipe the slate with QB's and look to the draft for new hope. Their OL is actually talented, but Staley is aging and banged up, Kigore out for most of the season. Boone held out, then got recently hurt for the season, Marcus Martin is I think out. Their running game suffered when Reggie Bush tore his meniscus. Torrey Smith has been out most of the season, and Boldin playing hurt. And they got rid of Davis... Granted, injuries are mostly a wash in the NFL, every team has them. But the 49er offense got hit especially hard.

I seriously, seriously doubt RG3 will play in the playoffs, let alone every again for Washington. Here's why: The way his contract extension for 2016 is written, is that if he enters next season on the IR, the Skins owe him the full $16m on this contract. If not, they can cut him. Plus, there's zero reason to showcase him for a trade - everyone knows who he is. Gruden has stated clearly that McCoy is the backup to Cousins. So even this week I imagine McCoy will play, maybe every snap, and Cousins will suit up in case McCoy gets hurt.

You guys may recall when I was highly critical with Washington exercising the extension on his contract.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/01/news/companies/rg3-contract/
When I said that about RG3 I was half joking that what if they have no choice but to use him and he has a great game? Do they pause and say, "HMM, maybe we should keep him", or do they still try to move him.

Yah, the 49ers offense really got smacked by injuries more than other teams, plus their defense took some big hits with early retirements, and injuries. It seems like they would keep Gabbert because he is a know quantity, solid backup, and could play better with another second or two to throw, but they need to look for a QB. Trade Kaep for RG3? :rolleyes:
 
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
2017's draft seems a bit thin on QB, except one potential star, Brad Kaaya of Miami.

If the Browns draft yet another QB in the first round, they really are a hapless organization. But having an impatient owner, and a revolving door office and coaching staff, you never know.

Boy, all this off-season talk, and the season isn't even over!
Talking, Well yeah. Bowls are last chance to watch future draftees, so now is a logical time to talk draft, right? :D

Kaaya is potential star; maybe. But I watched him in the Sun Bowl and was not impressed. Maybe the wet snowy conditions had some to do with it.

Browns should never have spent first round pick on Manziel anyway. So if they have a chance to correct that mistake by making a wise 1st round selection to play QB, then I would not hesitate to pull that trigger just because Manziel is a boat anchor. But because of the thin QB crop it may be as you say.
 
San Diego is making a mess of their treatment of DB Eric Weddle. SD fined Weddle $10K for watching his daughter perform during halftime last week instead of going to the locker room with the team. Top team officials thought he was not behaving like a team player apparently. Interesting thing is, I was listening to Mike & Mike In the Morning (Greenberg & Golic) discuss this and Golic said he thought team officials were being ridiculous to punish Weddle for watching his daughter. Golic said the main reason the team would want Weddle with the team is to hear what kind of adjustments they may need to make, but Golic added that players sometimes miss those discussions if they have to go to the bathroom. But players that hit the can don't get punished, so why punish Weddle. He said you'd think the team would make a concession considering his daughter's performance was a one-time thing, and it is family. Bad form SD.

Then to heap upon that, SD put Weddle on injured reserve and said he will not make the trip with the team this week. So now Weddle is fighting back. It is the way he is fighting back that is really interesting and may put SD in a heap of trouble with the league. Weddle claims his injury is minor and that he can play. So, in front of all the media he ran sprints at full speed, just to prove his point he's not that injured. So what, you might say? It is a violation of league rules to place a healthy player on IR. This fight is not over, but it won't matter much except as a matter of principle as to how a team should support players and their families. I'm with Weddle on this one.
See the NFL.com report here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...dle-sprints-in-practice-after-being-put-on-ir

Edit: I hope we will see some good NFL games this week instead of the plethora of NCAA FB bowl game blowouts we got to see the past few days. That has got to be the suckiest bunch of bowl game I've seen in a while.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Visit site
Before we know it, here's week 17. Tempus fugit.

NYJ @ BUF - Jets need this more.
NE @ MIA - Pats could lose, depending on who is rested, but I'll stick with them.
NO @ ATL - Falcons to continue last week's high.
BAL @ CIN - Home banker.
PIT @ CLE - Away banker.
JAX @ HOU - Home edge.
TEN @ IND - Colts must be able to take this.
WSH @ DAL - Whoever starts for WSH, both teams will badly want to win this.
PHI @ NYG - Iggles suck worse.
DET @ CHI - Home edge to da Bears.
TB @ CAR - Home banker.
OAK @ KC - KC rolls on.
SD @ DEN - Almost a banker.
SEA @ ARI - Cards should just be better.
STL @ SF - Can't pick these Niners.
MIN @ GB - I'd rather play the Packers next, so...
 
Geeking out on coaching time. Predictions later. :)

I think I pointed out before I think Coughlin is done in NY, and it's time for the Giants to rebuild. They were seriously blown out in some key games, the loss against the Panthers was ugly with Beckam was out of control, and they blew some 4th quarter leads.

All the talk in Cleveland is that Mike Pettine has coached his last game there. He'll get work elsewhere, but who's going to want that job? Seriously? They had a hard time finding him. I imagine they'll find someone, but there have to be a lot of coaches out there who are happy where they are, or would rather shovel manure in the hot Texas sun for minimum wage before going there.

As to who will be a new coach next year in the NFL? We'll know more soon, but my gut says Hugh Jackson who is OC for the Bengals is at the top of the list. He was decent in Oakland when the team had mediocre personnel. Smart and stable, he's an easy and obvious choice. Next up to me is Doug Marrone, former Bills coach who opted out of his contract there for numerous reasons. He's done well as the OC in Jacksonville and supposedly has a great football mind. Another former Raider coach, Tom Cable might get another chance somewhere as well, making lemons from lemonade in Seattle with their OL. Unless however Darrell Bevell gets an HC job, and Cable takes over the OC job? The Panthers could lose one, or both of their coordinators. Sean McDermott or Mike Shula. They could also lose Steve Wilks, who is AC, and DB coach. I'm certain Josh McDaniels will get another look from some teams, and there's a chance the cerebral Matt Patricia could leave too, especially if they win the SB again. I also have to wonder if Kyle Shanahan (or Mike Shanahan?) gets a HC job. He's fairly highly praised, experienced, and reportedly did well in Atlanta while he and Matt Ryan don't see eye to eye. And as I said, Chip Kelly will get interviews, and quite possibly an HC job before the Combine. If Chuck Pagano is fired in Indy, he could get interviews as an HC, or back as a DC again. Or he could retire from the stress, being a cancer survivor.

Out of college, I don't think Nick Saban is going back to the NFL. He could if the Tide win the National Title again, I just doubt it. He's a titan and revered in Tuscaloosa, and on his way to having his bust carved into the hillside there next to Bear Bryant. I doubt Bob Stoops will leave Oklahoma as well. And despite the talk that David Shaw of Stanford is prime for the NFL, I don't see him leaving. Even if LSU is stupid enough to fire Les Miles, I don't see him coaching in the NFL. What if Sean Payton leaves New Orleans? Maybe then? Still doubt it.The one college coach I do think would love to get back to the NFL is Jim Mora Jr. His short tenure in Seattle was awful - even he later admitted it in so many words, but he does have NFL experience, and the drive.

Don't think for one second Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher or Tony Dungee are coming back to coaching. They all have Super Bowl rings, sweet TV gigs (especially Gruden) and have shown little desire to coach again.

Who am I missing?
 
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Geeking out on coaching time. Predictions later. :)

I think I pointed out before I think Coughlin is done in NY, and it's time for the Giants to rebuild. They were seriously blown out in some key games, the loss against the Panthers was ugly with Beckam was out of control, and they blew some 4th quarter leads.

All the talk in Cleveland is that Mike Pettine has coached his last game there. He'll get work elsewhere, but who's going to want that job? Seriously? They had a hard time finding him. I imagine they'll find someone, but there have to be a lot of coaches out there who are happy where they are, or would rather shovel manure in the hot Texas sun for minimum wage before going there.

As to who will be a new coach next year in the NFL? We'll know more soon, but my gut says Hugh Jackson who is OC for the Bengals is at the top of the list. He was decent in Oakland when the team had mediocre personnel. Smart and stable, he's an easy and obvious choice. Next up to me is Doug Marrone, former Bills coach who opted out of his contract there for numerous reasons. He's done well as the OC in Jacksonville and supposedly has a great football mind. Another former Raider coach, Tom Cable might get another chance somewhere as well, making lemons from lemonade in Seattle with their OL. Unless however Darrell Bevell gets an HC job, and Cable takes over the OC job? The Panthers could lose one, or both of their coordinators. Sean McDermott or Mike Shula. They could also lose Steve Wilks, who is AC, and DB coach. I'm certain Josh McDaniels will get another look from some teams, and there's a chance the cerebral Matt Patricia could leave too, especially if they win the SB again. I also have to wonder if Kyle Shanahan (or Mike Shanahan?) gets a HC job. He's fairly highly praised, experienced, and reportedly did well in Atlanta while he and Matt Ryan don't see eye to eye. And as I said, Chip Kelly will get interviews, and quite possibly an HC job before the Combine. If Chuck Pagano is fired in Indy, he could get interviews as an HC, or back as a DC again. Or he could retire from the stress, being a cancer survivor.

Out of college, I don't think Nick Saban is going back to the NFL. He could if the Tide win the National Title again, I just doubt it. He's a titan and revered in Tuscaloosa, and on his way to having his bust carved into the hillside there next to Bear Bryant. I doubt Bob Stoops will leave Oklahoma as well. And despite the talk that David Shaw of Stanford is prime for the NFL, I don't see him leaving. Even if LSU is stupid enough to fire Les Miles, I don't see him coaching in the NFL. What if Sean Payton leaves New Orleans? Maybe then? Still doubt it.The one college coach I do think would love to get back to the NFL is Jim Mora Jr. His short tenure in Seattle was awful - even he later admitted it in so many words, but he does have NFL experience, and the drive.

Don't think for one second Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher or Tony Dungee are coming back to coaching. They all have Super Bowl rings, sweet TV gigs (especially Gruden) and have shown little desire to coach again.

Who am I missing?

Adam Gase!
 
Good analysis, Alpe, though I think you mean Cable made lemonade out of lemons. Maybe Chip Kelly made lemons out of lemonade.

Speaking of Kelly, one of the Eagles' players had a very interesting take on his failure, saying that like Saban, success in college frequently does not translate into the pros, and specifically in Kelly's case because of the up-tempo offense. He said it wears players down, yet Kelly kept ignoring this and driving them on: "It's one thing to ask 18-22 year olds to play this way for thirteen weeks; it's another to ask 22-35 year-olds to play this way for seventeen weeks."

FWIW, David Shaw at Stanford insists he has no interest in the NFL. He made an interesting comment on that, saying he knows people at just about every NFL team, and "I'm having a lot more fun than they are."

When you think about it, Pete Carroll is one of the relatively few coaches who has been very successful at both the college and pro level, and even he didn't do so well in his initial stint in the NFL. Harbaugh is another, even if he did get canned by the idiot 49er owners, who have no one to blame but themselves for a 4-11 record, and a ranking by some observers as the worst team in the NFL.

The Hitch said:
I don't know if its a good idea to rest if you have a bye. Bruce Arians said yesterday that 1 week rest is great but if you have 2 you could lose your rhythm.

So I think Arizona may very well play their starters and go for the win. At Green Bay they kept their starters in longer than I thought they should have as well.

YMMV. Before Carolina, the last team to win its first fourteen games was Indy in 2009. They rested Manning and some other starters in both of their last two games—passing up a chance to go 16-0—and of course had a bye week as well. So three weeks in a row that Manning and some of the others didn’t play anywhere near a full game.

The Colts did play well in their conference postseason games, no rust evident. Whatever the reasons for their SB loss, I don’t think it can be pinned on those idle weeks. That said, there isn’t a large enough sample size to say whether rest helps or hurts a team in the postseason. We’ve seen WC teams with that extra game go all the way. I always thought Indy was stupid to pass up a shot at 16-0, and it would have served them right if they had been eliminated by the Jets team that wouldn’t have even been in the postseason if Indy hadn’t laid down in game 15.

I’m not a Pats fan, but I have great respect for their going for the 16-0 in 2007. The consensus, of course, is that titles are more important than records, but note that:

a) some team is going to win the SB every year; some team is not going to go undefeated every year
b) winning the SB requires a significant degree of chance. So does going undefeated, but going undefeated over sixteen games is a better measure of how good a team is than going undefeated in three or four post-season games. The 2007 Pats are universally recognized as one of the greatest teams of all time, certainly greater than the Giants team that beat them in the SB.
c) Though the Pats no doubt to a man would trade the undefeated season for another SB win, arguably their legacy is greater with four (and counting) SBs and an undefeated regular season than five SBs and no undefeated season. At a certain point, winning more SBs does relatively little to add to a team’s legacy, whereas an undefeated season is special.
 
Interesting perspective on going unbeaten, or just resting players. One thing that does seem universally agreed upon is that it's a bad idea to put players in the game just for the sake of playing, and not expect them to play at full speed, and that's how players get hurt.

I think some of these teams whose seeds are basically set can simply select to rest anyone who is at all hurt. They can also play starters for a quarter or half. But you can't rest only a few players easily. For example, rest your OL, and not rest your QB.

As an aside, I saw the film Concussion last night, and highly recommend it. Not only to NFL fans, but anyone interested in seeing a well made film. Will Smith was convincing, Albert Brooks as well, with some great lines, and Alec Baldwin was excellent. It also follows the facts fairly closely. It might remind some of The Insider, though I don't think it's quite at that level. Still, it's definitely worth watching.
 
NYJ @ BUF - As much as the Bills would like to spoil this at home, I'll take the Jets.
NE @ MIA - Pats won't sit enough players for Fins to win.
NO @ ATL - Both teams have problems, Saints no D.
BAL @ CIN - Ravens would love to spoil this, but won't be able to.
PIT @ CLE - Steelers must win, Browns can't muster enough for Pettine.
JAX @ HOU - Texans need to win, just in case.
TEN @ IND - No QB's for Indy? Stephen Morris? Both Freeman and Lindley were in street clothes a week ago!
WSH @ DAL - Even McCoy can beat Cowboys, I think.
PHI @ NYG - Both teams are over the edge. Went with home.
DET @ CHI - Home.
TB @ CAR - I don't care who they rest, the Panthers have enough to win.
OAK @ KC - Chiefs need the win, and get it, in a close game.
SD @ DEN - Chargers done for year.
SEA @ ARI - Seattle has more to play for. Barely, but they do.
STL @ SF - 49ers a mess.
MIN @ GB - Packers can win, but both teams have issues heading into playoffs.
 
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
[...]
Next up to me is Doug Marrone, former Bills coach who opted out of his contract there for numerous reasons. He's done well as the OC in Jacksonville and supposedly has a great football mind.
[...]

Saint Doug Marrone is the Offensive Line Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach for the Jags. OC is Greg Olson.
 
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
NYJ @ BUF - As much as the Bills would like to spoil this at home, I'll take the Jets.
NE @ MIA - Pats won't sit enough players for Fins to win.
NO @ ATL - Both teams have problems, Saints no D.
BAL @ CIN - Ravens would love to spoil this, but won't be able to.
PIT @ CLE - Steelers must win, Browns can't muster enough for Pettine.
JAX @ HOU - Texans need to win, just in case.
TEN @ IND - No QB's for Indy? Stephen Morris? Both Freeman and Lindley were in street clothes a week ago!
WSH @ DAL - Even McCoy can beat Cowboys, I think.
PHI @ NYG - Both teams are over the edge. Went with home.
DET @ CHI - Home.
TB @ CAR - I don't care who they rest, the Panthers have enough to win.
OAK @ KC - Chiefs need the win, and get it, in a close game.
SD @ DEN - Chargers done for year.
SEA @ ARI - Seattle has more to play for. Barely, but they do.
STL @ SF - 49ers a mess.
MIN @ GB - Packers can win, but both teams have issues heading into playoffs.

All seem reasonable, though your comment in regards to Seattle @ Arizona seems a bit off. Cardinals play for the home-field advantage in the playoffs, though it does require the unlikely event that the Panthers lose vs. TB, whilst Seattle at most can reach the fifth seed. Add to that Seattle's depleted O-line (Starting guard JR Sweezy is out and tackle Russell Okung unlikely to play) and woes at running back, and I'd at the very least have Cardinals as favourites.
 
Good coaching analysis. And agree (with assist from MIndex) Cable made lemonade from Seattle OL lemons. Only problem with Cable is he picked the friggin lemons! Also, Bevell has gotten heat in Seattle for predictable play calling, but if the OL was any good he could have gotten away with it.There for a while during Seattle's 5 game hot streak I was hoping the OL issues were fixed. But if there is a silver lining in Seattle's last loss to the Rams in Seattle, where the Ram front 7 manhandled the Seattle OLine, it is that it became crystal clear the OLine issues are NOT fixed and that OLine is an area of multiple positions (G, C, &T) that they need to focus on in the offseason and draft. Including taking ultimate control of picks away from Cable.
 
Good posts. Thanks for the clarification on Marrone's position. Maybe we'll see who has better back-ups, Seattle or Arizona?! I too worry about the Seahawk OL. Do people in Seattle think of Okung at the end of his career? He doesn't seem to be the same force he was, and he's banged up a lot.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Good posts. Thanks for the clarification on Marrone's position. Maybe we'll see who has better back-ups, Seattle or Arizona?! I too worry about the Seahawk OL. Do people in Seattle think of Okung at the end of his career? He doesn't seem to be the same force he was, and he's banged up a lot.

I think the only games we have opposing picks are ARI and MIN, but sure, either game could go either way.

Meanwhile, Cousins is going from record to record, three TD passes in the first quarter. With any luck, we'll be out of sight by HT so that important bodies can be rested. Regardless of anything else, beating up on the Cowboys is one of life's rare pleasure as a Skins fan.