• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
You definitely have a point there.

Just for fun, check out this ESPN list of the dirtiest pro players ever: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/dirtiest/players.html.
And then this Bleacher's list of the 12 dirtiest NFL players one year ago (August 12 2011): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/801296-12-dirtiest-players-in-the-nfl-today....
Chris Clemons, DE, Seattle Seahawks
Brian Dawkins, FS, Denver Broncos
Hines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
Cortland Finnegan, CB, Tennessee Titans
James Harrison, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
Jason Babin, DE, Philadelphia Eagles
Richie Incognito, G, Miami Dolphins
Joey Porter, LB, Arizona Cardinals
Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Ravens
Roy Williams, FS, Cincinnati Bengals
Adrian Wilson, FS, Arizona Cardinals
Albert Haynesworth, DT, New England Patriots

Richard Seymour and Ndamukong Suh should be on that list.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How you guys like my new avatar?

my turn to blunder... uuuuuuh, okay, I give. Who the H is that? Jan Ullrich, I mean now that he has unofficially won several Tour titles complements of the demise of Lance? And I have not been downing the lagers tonight.

@TomT: Suh for sure. That list from August 2011 was before his Packer stomping rampage (Thanksgiving Day 2011).

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Should be a big night for my Pats as Brady and most of the starters should play into the 3rd quarter. Should learn a lot, although the Bucs may not provide a lot of competition.

Tom T. said:
Richard Seymour and Ndamukong Suh should be on that list.

Agree.

TB's defense looked good in the 1st half. But Josh Freeman looked terrible after the first drive. He made the Pats defense look like the Ravens. But he was worse than that, as he couldn't even hit wide open receivers. This is two weeks in a row he hasn't looked good. The Pats however gave up too much yardage, especially against the run.

The Luck vs. RGIII battle turned out to be pretty flat. Nothing that made the hilight reel that stood out.

TO cut by the Seahawks. Dropped several balls thrown right to him by either Flynn or Wilson. Speaking of...Wilson says he thinks he played well enough in the pre-season to start. Did he outplay Flynn though? From what I saw, both played well, neither superb. But it's the pre-season.

Carson Palmer still looks flat in Oakland. Terrell Pryor may not be the future, but the kid has played fairly well in his first real time on the field. He's basically a rookie.

PManning playing better against the 49ers. I think he's motivated as they didn't pick him. Two TD's in the 1st Q.

Jets-Panthers might be fun tonight.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I am half following this sport now seeing as the cfl is not good :S and the nhl doesnt seem to be starting.. I saw the seahawks bashed kansas in kansas, no idea if this is a good indicator for the season coming.. I shall try to attend a seahawks game this year

Tjax sent to Buffalo for a player to be named later. That's not a good omen for someone who was a starter last year. However, Vince Young has been terrible in a back-up role for the Bills, so this may be a good for for Tjax.

In Seattle Pete Carroll said rookie Russell Wilson will be his week 1 starter. Wow! While Flynn's play has been serviceable, Wilson simply played better in key drives, and moved the ball down the field better. Carroll said he has the maturity of a vet and is a great leader. Whenever I think of Wilson I can't help but think how he wasn't that great in the Rose Bowl, decent though outshone by Weeden at the Combine, and seemed too short for the NFL; but at the Gruden camp he just had the look and feel of a future NFL starter and team leader, and Gruden quietly spoke very highly of him just after the draft. This could turn out to be a steal of a pick for Seattle.

Just after the Dolphins announced Ryan Tannehill was to be the week 1 starter, had a bad outing against Atlanta. He just couldn't connect with receivers and move his team down the field. Looked like a Rick Mirer type rookie. And to think, he was taken 6th in the draft, and Wilson fell to the middle of the third round.

This means five rookie QBs in week 1. Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden, and Wilson. If Michael Vick gets/is hurt, expect Foles to start in Philly. I wonder if the Cardinals regret not pushing Lindley further along considering how badly Skelton, and really Kolb have played!

Alpe d'Huez said:
Tjax sent to Buffalo for a player to be named later. That's not a good omen for someone who was a starter last year. However, Vince Young has been terrible in a back-up role for the Bills, so this may be a good for for Tjax.

In Seattle Pete Carroll said rookie Russell Wilson will be his week 1 starter. Wow! While Flynn's play has been serviceable, Wilson simply played better in key drives, and moved the ball down the field better. Carroll said he has the maturity of a vet and is a great leader. Whenever I think of Wilson I can't help but think how he wasn't that great in the Rose Bowl, decent though outshone by Weeden at the Combine, and seemed too short for the NFL; but at the Gruden camp he just had the look and feel of a future NFL starter and team leader, and Gruden quietly spoke very highly of him just after the draft. This could turn out to be a steal of a pick for Seattle.

Just after the Dolphins announced Ryan Tannehill was to be the week 1 starter, had a bad outing against Atlanta. He just couldn't connect with receivers and move his team down the field. Looked like a Rick Mirer type rookie. And to think, he was taken 6th in the draft, and Wilson fell to the middle of the third round.

This means five rookie QBs in week 1. Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden, and Wilson. If Michael Vick gets/is hurt, expect Foles to start in Philly. I wonder if the Cardinals regret not pushing Lindley further along considering how badly Skelton, and really Kolb have played!

Man, you beat me to it on every point.

- On TJax: What this means for Bills is the Bills are not happy with either Young or Thigpen as backups to Fitzpatrick. If their offseason priority was to find a dependable backup to Fitz, they would not be looking if they were happy with what they have. They might have been content to stand pat, but when someone like TJAX becomes available who is better than both Young or Thigpen, they should jump at the chance.

- On Russell Wilson: in your last post you almost sounded surprised Wilson has been tabbed as the day-1 starter. Though you did not sound so surprised in this post. I'll just add this... in last Friday's game vs. the Chiefs (who have a pretty descent defense even minus two starters to injury) Seattle (with Wilson at QB) took Seattle to scores on 5 of their first 5 possessions. It went like this... FG, FG, FG, TD, TD. That is far more production than Seattle has had all preseason games combined by the starting QB Flynn in those first 2 preseason games. Wilson just has a way of moving the sticks, sometimes with his legs. What I also thought was interesting is that Wilson checked out of a called play from shutgun after noticing a mismatch against the TE Kellen Winslow (who also noticed the mismatch), and came up under center for a quick snap... the play went for a TD to Winslow who was wide open. Just like a veteran QB. You can find his stats for the game, but not listed on most sites was his QB rating of 119.4 against KC.

- Tannehill: I thought he was drafted 8th overall. And don't forget you reminded me several pages ago that Mirer was ROY. ;). So it would be more like Tannehill having more of a Rick Mirer sophomore slump, which turned into a career slump for Mirer.

- 5 QBs: They kind of remind me of the 6 QBs of 1983.
Broncos John Elway
Bills Jim Kelly
Dolphins Dan Marino
Patriots Tony Eason
Chiefs Todd Blackledge
Jets Ken O'Brien
All except Blackledge and O'Brien made it to super bowls...

- Cardinals: They probably wish they had taken Wilson. I really thought Arizona might make a play for TJax, but on second thought, TJax is not really the kind of QB the Cards need. The Cards need a starter, and TJax just is not that guy. TJax is appearing more suited as a backup.

- Jets vs Panthers: Tebow not looking good. Sanchez on the sideline looking very comfortable, or confident he's the guy.

Good call on both Wilson, and the others. I'm really happy for the kid. Came in a rookie expected to sit behind Flynn and Tjax, and beat them both out. I only worry he'll run too much, and you know what comes with that.

The entire Jets offense looks anemic. Tebow, Sanchez, doesn't matter. Sanchez is the same mediocre QB he has always been. Disappointed with Tim's play as he looks like he didn't change at all from last year. Despite all the talk from others of improving his reads and throwing mechanics, he looked the same. Jets have zero TDs this Pre-season, not one. They look like a team headed for the cellar.

I don't like to beat a horse to death but I have to give Wilson proper credit. I have to edit his passer rating stat I posted earlier.
119.4 is his total passer rating for a 3 preseason games so far.
His rating for the KC game was 134.8.
His rating for the first two preseason games combined was 110.5.
LINK

Zero TDs? :eek: Not a good sign, I agree. I did see the last few minutes of the last Jets game and I got the same impression. I thought his choices were not the best. By that I thought on one attempt into the end zone he went for someone near the 5 yard line just when a receiver was breaking free at the back of the end zone, and if he had drilled it to that guy I think it would have beaten the safety... but woulda shoulda coulda.

I think TJax and Bills are a good fit for both. More so for the Bills.

My only concern for Wilson is that Seattle isn't a great team. They're probably going to be average. Also, the pre-season isn't the regular season. He's going to face some tough games and tough times this year, just like all rookies. That is what the league has become, sink or swim. But if his confidence gets rattled enough, it may put a damper on his ability to perform, mainly to pull the trigger and trust his receivers and OL. He could then find himself running more than he should. And with that comes both injuries, and a lack of being able to throw in the clutch.

Not sure what to say about Tebow that I didn't, but he just didn't look for receivers in the seam. It was like every play was a broken play. Jets insiders were also saying in the off-season the team was working on Tim getting the ball out of his hands faster this year. But he still has the same slow delivery he had last season.

Not to pile on Tim. I still like he kid and hope he does well. Plus he didn't play any worse than Mark Sanchez who just can't move the ball down the field, let alone get the team into the end zone. Just amazing they gave this guy such a huge contract extension: Three years for $58m, with $27m guaranteed between this year and next. Fifth highest paid QB in the league, possibly the worst starting QB in the league.

Not to be out done, in 2014 and 2015 Eli Manning will be the highest paid QB in the league, around $20m a year. Michael Vick will be next. But at least Eli has played well in games that mattered most.

Aaron Rogers makes about half what Sanchez makes. Joe Flacco less than a third.

Ah jeeeeeez. Those are reasons for the most part why I ignore who's got what kind of contract. Imbalance like that and often motives are often messed up, and sometimes sours my attitude.

I too am a little concerned about Wilson once the season gets going. Opposing defenses will be figuring out how to attack and disrupt him, and once someone does figure it out, then the carbon copies will fly around. It may create a great deal of confusion for him once defenses start doing things he has not seen. A lot will depend on how prepared he is. At least he's doing his homework, coming early, and staying late. But this team at the moment is not great because they have not proven anything yet. I think they are about to do that, so I don't worry about Wilson too much.

I know it's early but here's Bleacher's top 5 college prospects for 2013 (LINK TO LAST PAGE, HIT PREV-ARROW TO REVIEW THE LIST):
1. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2. David Amerson, CB, NC State
3. Matt Barkley, QB, USC
4. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
5. Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

Interesting that Landry Jones isn't on that list. I'm surprised Logan Thomas is. The only bits I've seen of him I wasn't that impressed.

Tyler Wilson is the real question mark. Has a pro like arm, and style of play. But just lost his head coach (Petrino) after scandals and turmoil. Could flourish and go #1 in the draft. Or be the next Kirk Cousins.

Bleacher's stats predictions for the 5 rookie NFL QB starters (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1313563-full-season-stat-predictions-for-every-starting-rookie-qb):
1. THE LUCK:. 3,800 yards, 27 touchdowns, 12 interceptions
2. THE RG3:... 3,200 yards, 19 touchdowns, 12 interceptions
3. WILSON:.... 3,100 yards, 21 touchdowns, 12 interceptions
4. TANNEHILL: 2,650 yards, 15 touchdowns, 15 interceptions
5. WEEDEN:... 2,475 yards, 15 touchdowns, 19 interceptions

At first glance I would have put Weeden ahead of Tannehill, but considering the defenses of the AFC North (Bal, Cin, Pit vs. Cle & Weed) are a bit tougher than the defenses of the AFC East (Buf, NE, NYJ vs. Miami & Tanne), I guess that makes sense.

I think their predicted stats for Wilson are too high. Seattle's going to try and run the ball as much as possible (or necessary), and they have proven they can, to ease the burden on Wilson. But Wilson can throw, and run, and the balance and threats he presents will make it harder on defenses. So who knows?

Agree with everything you wrote. Also look at Carroll's coaching style. It is pretty conservative in passing, and mostly about containment. Alex Smith for example would do very well in Seattle. Pete wouldn't know what to do with Aaron Rogers (figuratively). Thus, I don't see the Seahawks asking that much of Wilson. They are hoping for a Trent Dilfer like season. Few mistakes, do your best to move the ball, if we have to punt, that's okay. But Seattle should finish 2nd, and maybe 8-8 in that division. Feasting on St. Louis and Arizona should help pad some stats.

Don't think Luck will toss than many TD's. Picks are about accurate for all these guys. Don't think Tannehill will do that well, or throw for that much yardage or TD's. You are right on Weeden. He's in a very tough division on a weak team that is in the 1st year of rebuilding. Playing the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals all twice won't be easy.

And I agree with everything you wrote there too, including Wilson not being asked to do that much. But there is one additional thing you brought up about how much Carroll asks Wilson to do that makes me wonder. From everything I've heard, Wilson is the kind of player who may want to take control. Not in the coach's face demanding or selfishly. I'm talking about a guy who will say at some point, "ok, boys hop on my back", that comes out during the week of preparation to allow him to do more. But if that happens I don't think it will be right away, but after he's had some time to get experience, learn more about defenses, and get more confidence. Plus this guy studies a lot of film. If he sees some weakness or tendency in a defense I think he's going say something about it. And if the method of attack requires him to do more.... who knows?

Sat through the Giants-Pats pre-season game last night. What a dud. 6-3. Eli looked terrible. David Carr actually looked better. Nobody wanted to win this game. Lots of punts, sloppy play, terrible referring. The Pats actually looked better, except in the red zone, but in classic fashion for this rivalry they botched a play at the end allowing the Giants to kick a game winning FG.

Simply awful game. Can't wait for the real season to start.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Sat through the Giants-Pats pre-season game last night. What a dud. 6-3. Eli looked terrible. David Carr actually looked better. Nobody wanted to win this game. Lots of punts, sloppy play, terrible referring. The Pats actually looked better, except in the red zone, but in classic fashion for this rivalry they botched a play at the end allowing the Giants to kick a game winning FG.

Simply awful game. Can't wait for the real season to start.

Agreed. As a Pats fan, I watched the game but it was awful. Hardly any starters played. It was nice to see the Pats' D of mostly reserves make Eli look bad. Also nice to see Volmer back in at RT for a few series. Otherwise a truly forgettable game.

AFC cuts to 53-man roster

Here is a list of cuts to the 53-man roster for NFL AFC teams:

Jets
DB D'Anton Lynn, QB Matt Simms, WR Joseph Collins, CB Donnie Fletcher, CB LeOuan Lewis, OLB Ricky Sapp, OL Paul Cornick, OL Fred Koloto, DB Julian Posey, DL Jay Richardson, TE Tarren Lloyd, WR Eron Riley, DL Damon Harrison, DL Martin Tevaseu, LB Marcus Dowtin, P Spencer Lanning, OL Matt Kroul, RB Terrance Ganaway, WR Jordan White, WR Royce Pollard, TE Hayden Smith

Fins
WR Roberto Wallace, NT Isakko AAitui, CB Vince Agnew, LB Ryan Baker, OT Will Barker, LB Cameron Collins, WR B.J. Cunningham, OL Ray Feinga, WR Jeff Fuller, WR Clyde Gates, LB Gary Guyton, CB Quinten Lawrence, LB Shelley Lyons, OT Lydon Murtha, DE Jamaal Westerman, WR Chris Hogan, OL Andrew McDonald, OL Chandler Burden, OL Will Barker, CB Kevyn Scott, S Anderson Russell, DE Jarrell Root

Bills
DT Dwan Edwards, WR Marcus Easley, WR Kamar Aiken, OL Mark Asper, TE Kevin Brock, RB Zach Brown, LB Tank Carder, OL James Carmon, DE Robert Eddins, DT Jarron Gilbert, DB Isaiah Green, WR Derek Hagan, DT Kellen Heard, WR Ruvell Martin, LB Scott McKillop, P Shawn Powell, WR Naaman Roosevelt, LB Nick Saenz, OL David Snow, RB Johnny White, OL Keith Williams

Pats
WR Deion Branch, C Dan Koppen, DB Sergio Brown, OL Derek Dennis, WR Jeremy Ebert, DL Marcus Harrison, WR Jesse Holley, QB Brian Hoyer, DB James Ihedigbo, FB Eric Kettani, OL Matt Kopa, LB Niko Koutouvides, DE Aaron Lavarias, DB Derrick Martin, TE Alex Silvestro, LB Jeff Tarpinian, WR Kerry Taylor, TE Tyler Urban, OL Dustin Waldron, OL Jeremiah Warren, OL Darrion Weems, DB Malcolm Williams

Raves
RB Anthony Allen, Georgia Tech, S Omar Brown, Marshall, LB Josh Bynes, Auburn, LB Nigel Carr, Alabama State, G/T Jack Cornell, Illinois, WR Dorian Graham, Syracuse, G/T Cord Howard, Georgia Tech, NT Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor, NT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, Kent State, G Antoine McClain, Clemson, DE Terrence Moore, Nebraska, QB Curtis Painter, Purdue, WR Logan Payne, Minnesota, S Cyhl Quarles, Wake Forest, OLB Chavis Williams, Alabama, G Tony Wragge, New Mexico

Bengals
FB Jourdan Brooks, TE Colin Cochart, LS Bryce Davis, FB James Develin, DE DeQuin Evans, WR Vidal Hazelton, DT Nick Hayden, CB T.J. Heath, RB Daniel Herron, OL Otis Hudson, LB Grant Hunter, DE Micah Johnson, LB Emmanuel Lamur, CB Chris Lewis-Harris, DT Vaughn Meatoga, LB Roddrick Muckelroy, OL Matthew O'Donnell, QB Zac Robinson, OL Reggie Stephens

Browns
QB Seneca Wallace, TE Evan Moore, TE Dan Gronkowski, DE William Green, DB David Sims, DT Ronnie Cameron, WR Josh Cooper, CB James Dockery, DL Brian Schaefering, OL Jarrod Shaw, WR Rod Windsor, LB Ben Jacobs.

Steelers
P Jeremy Kapinos, Trai Essex, QB Jerrod Johnson, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, CB Terrence Frederick, CB Josh Victorian, LB Brandon Hicks, LB Marshall McFadden, DL Corbin Bryant, DL Ikponmwosa Igbinosun, DL Jake Stoller, RB DuJuan Harris, WR Derrick Williams, WR Marquis Maze, WR Tyler Beiler, WR David Gilreath, WR Toney Clemons, OL Ryan Lee, OL John Malecki.

Texans
QB Case Keenum, C Cody Wallace, WR Jerrell Jackson, FB Moran Nelson, RB Jonathan Grimes, TE Logan Brock, LB Keith Browner, LB D.J. Bryant, DT Hebron Fangupo, NT David Hunter, WR Juaquin Iglesias, DE Delano Johnson, DL Mitch King, LB Shawn Loiseau, WR Jeff Maehl, OT Nathan Menkin, LB Rennie Moore, DB Eddie Pleasant, TE Philip Supernaw, OT Cody White. , S Troy Nolan

Colts
WR Jeremy Ross, RB Darren Evans, TE Andre Smith, T Mike Tepper, C Zane Taylor, T Steven Baker, DT Jason Shirley, ILB Greg Lloyd, TE Kyle Miller, G Hayworth Hicks, OLB Jerry Brown, S Latarrius Thomas, DT Chigbo Anunoby, WR Kashif Moore and LS Justin Snow. Waived-Injured RB Deji Karim, DE James Aiono, OLB Tim Fugger, CB Brandon King and S Mike Newton.

Jags
QB Jordan Palmer, TE Colin Cloherty, RB Richard Murphy, CB Trumaine McBride, DE Odrick Ray, OT Will Robinson, OT Lee Barbiasz, DB Rod Issac and LB J.K. Schaffer

Titans
DT Malcolm Sheppard, WR James Kirkendoll, WR Devin Aguilar, TE Brandon Barden, OL Kyle DeVan, NT Lamar Divens, TE Cameron Graham, OL Michael Jasper, CB Chris Hawkins, OL Chris Morris, WR Michael Preston, DB Tracy Wilson, WR D.J. Woods

Broncos
OL Wayne Tribeu, DE James Blatnick, DB Rafael Bush, CB Drayton Florence, LB Jerry Franklin, DT Ben Garland, OL Adam Grant, OL Ryan Harris, WR Jason Hill, OL Tony Hills, DB Duke Ihenacho, TE Cornelius Ingram, RB Jeremiah Johnson, LB Mike Mohamed, WR Greg Orton, WR Gerell Robinson, OL Sealver Siliga, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, QB Adam Weber

Chiefs
DL Brandon Bair, DB Mikail Baker, WR Josh Bellamy, OL Patrick Bruggeman, FB Patrick DiMarco, DB Chandler Fenner, DL Amon Gordon, OL Darryl Harris, WR Junior Hemingway, DL Jerome Long, LB Gabe Miller, OL David Mims, WR Jamar Newsome, DB Terrance Parks, OL Lucas Patterson, OL Rich Ranglin, DB Neiko Thorpe, DB Donald Washington, LB Leon Williams

Raiders
LB Aaron Curry put on the PUP list, KR Roscoe Parrish, LB Nathan Stupar, LB Kaelin Burnett, LB Chad Kilgore, WR Derek Carrier, WR Brandon Carswell, WR Eddie McGee, WR Travionte Session, OL Kevin Haslam, OL Nick Howell, OL Dan Knapp, OL Colin Miller, DL Hall Davis, DL Dominique Hamilton, TE Kyle Efaw, RB Lonyae Miller, S Curtis Taylor, K Eddy Carmona

Chargers
DE Jacques Cesaire, OL Anthony Davis, OL Mario Henderson, C Colin Baxter, RB Edwin Baker, LB Bront Bird, OL Charlie Bryant, LB Ricky Elmore, LB Daryl Gamble, CB Greg Gatson, DE Logan Harrell, OL Mario Henderson, FB Jacob Hester, CB Arthur Hobbs, QB Jarrett Lee, P Robert Malone, K Nick Novak, CB DeAndre Presley, DE Damik Scafe, OL Stephen Schilling, TE Kory Sperry, WR Mike Willie

NFC cuts to 53-man roster

Here is a list of cuts to the 53-man roster for NFC teams:

Giants
DL Marcus Thomas, LB Greg Jones, WR David Douglas, WR Dan DePalma, DE Craig Marshall, DE Matt Broha, DT Dwayne Hendricks, LB Jake Muasau, TE Larry Donnell, OT Matt McCants, OG Selvish Capers, OG Stephen Goodin, QB Ryan Perrilloux, DB Laron Scott, RB D.J. Ware, WR Isaiah Stanback, CB Dante Hughes, OL Chris White

Cowboys
OL Jeff Adams, LB Baraka Atkins, DE Ben Bass, WR Tim Benford, DT Robert Callaway, QB Rudy Carpenter, FB Shaun Chapas, WR Danny Coale, RB Lance Dunbar, DE Clifton Geathers, OL Harold Gunn, WR Saalim Hakim, LB Adrian Hamilton, OL Ronald Leary, LB Orie Lemon, RB Jamize Olawale, OL Daniel Loper, OT Pat McQuistan, DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB Lionel Smith, TE Andrew Szczerba, DB Eddie Whitley, CB Teddy Williams

Skins
RB Tim Hightower, WR Terrance Austin, CB Travon Bellamy, FB Dorson Boyce, OT Tom Compton, OL Eric Cook, QB Jonathan Crompton, RB Tristan Davis, DT Marlon Favorite, OL Grant Garner, LB Donnell Holt, DT Delvin Johnson, LB Bryan Kehl, CB David Jones, LB Brian McNally, OT Willie Smith, CB Brandyn Thompson, DE Doug Worthington, WR Anthony Armstrong, TE Richard Quinn, RB Dorson Boyce

Eagles
QB Mike Kafka, CB Joselio Hanson, S Oshiomogho Atogwe, WR Mardy Gilyard, TE Brett Brackett, LB Keenan Clayton, DT Landon Cohen, TE Chase Ford, WR Chad Hall, FB Emil Igwenagu, T D.J. Jones, WR Marvin McNutt, LB Adrian Moten, DT Ollie Ogbu, LB Ryan Rau, DE Monte Taylor, S Phillip Thomas, DT Frank Trotter, G/C Steve Vallos, G Brandon Washington, DT Antonio Dixon

Bears
QB Josh McCown, LB Jabara Williams, CB Isaiah Frey, WR Brittan Golden, S Mark LeGree, DE Chauncey Davis, LB Xavier Adibi, RB Armando Allen, OT Cory Brandon, CB Cornelius Brown, WR Terriun Crump, CB Greg McCoy, DT Jordan Miller, TE Brandon Venson, CB Jonathan Wilhite, WRs Joe Anderson, OL James Brown, A.J. Greene, G Ricky Henry, TE Brandon Venson, DE Aston Whiteside

Lions
CB Alphonso Smith, OL Rodney Austin, OL Pat Boyle, DE Everette Brown, DE Ugo Chinasa, P Ryan Donahue, TE David Gottlieb, WR Nate Hughes, Reshard Langford, WR Lance Long, DE Edmon McClam, LB Carmen Messina, WR Wallace Miles, CB Justin Miller, DT Tracy Robertson, WR Maurice Stovall, CB Ross Weaver, TE Austin Wells, C Dan Gerberry, CB Justin Miller, R.J. Archer, WR Patrick Edwards, G Dan Gerberry

Pack
G Reggie Wells, C Sampson Genus, OL Tommie Draheim, T Andrew Datko, T Shea Allard, TE Brandon Bostick, WR Tori Gurley, WR Dale Moss, S Anthony Levine, G Greg Van Roten, RB Marc Tyler, FB Nic Cooper, WR Diondre Borel, DT Daniel Muir

Viks
WR Emmanuel Arceneaux, DT Chase Baker, CB Chris Carr, DE Jeff Charleston, OL Chris DeGeare, FB Ryan D'Imperio, CB Bobby Felder, DB Eric Frampton, DT Trevor Guyton, RB Lex Hilliard, OL Tyler Holmes, CB Reggie Jones, OL Kevin Murphy, LB Corey Paredes, OL Austin Pasztor, DE Nick Reed, QB Sage Rosenfels, OL Quentin Saulsberry, TE Mickey Shuler, RB Jordan Todman

Falcs
LB Pat Schiller, C Tyler Horn, CB Dominique Franks, DT Conrad Obi, LB Spencer Adkins, TE LaMark Brown, LB Rico Council, WR Drew Davis, OL Bryce Harris, FB Mike Cox, WR Drew Davis, LB Jerrell Harris, WR Marcus Jackson, CB Marty Markett, RB Dimitri Nance, DT Micanor Regis, WR James Rodgers, CB Peyton Thompson, DB Suaesi Tuimaunei, LS Joe Zelenka, WR Kerry Meier

Saints
K John Kasay, DE Braylon Broughton, LB Kadarron Anderson, LB Ezra Butler, WR Greg Camarillo, QB Sean Canfield, DE Alex Daniels, TE Michael Higgins, CB Nick Hixson, DB Jerico Nelson, OL DeOn'tae Pannell, TE Derek Schouman, OL Alderious Simmons, WR Andy Tanner, OL Matt Tennant, LB Lawrence Wilson

Bucs
DL Amobi Okoye, WR Tiquan Underwood, RB Mossis Madu, DT Frank Okam, S Larry Asante, DB Keith Tandy, OL Jamarcus Hardrick, DE E.J. Wilson, OL Moe Petrus, FB Cody Johnson, FB Robert Hughes

Panthers
CB Darius Butler, WR Seyi Ajirotutu, WR Jared Green, LB David Nixon, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, RB Tauren Poole, OL Matt Reynolds, RB Armond Smith, CB R.J. Stanford, DE Ryan Van Bergen, LB Kion Wilson.

Cards
WR Stephen Williams, CB Crezdon Butler, LB Anthony Coleman, DB Blake Gideon, LB Clark Haggans, OL Russ Hochstein, DT Ricky Lumpkin, LB Colin Parker, CB Larry Parker, WR DeMarco Sampson, TE Steve Skelton, RB Alphonso Smith, LB Quan Sturdivant, DE Ronald Talley, DE Everrette Thompson, TE Martell Webb, OL Scott Wedige, LB Brandon Williams, WR Isaiah Williams, OT D.J. Young

9ers
LB Ikaika Alama-Francis, LB Eric Bakhtiari, FB Rock Cartwright, OL Derek Hall, LB Joe Holland, DT Tony Jerod-Edie, LB Cam Johnson, QB Josh Johnson, DT Matthew Masifilo, CB Anthony Mosley, TE Kyle Nelson, OL Al Netter, WR Chris Owusu, WR Nathan Palmer, OL Mike Person, TE Konrad Reuland, WR Brett Swain, DB Michael Thomas

Hawks
QB Josh Portis, DB DeShawn Shead, LB Korey Toomer, WR Lavasier Tuinei, WR Jermaine Kearse, LB Kyle Knox, DE Cordarro Law, WR Ricardo Lockette, TE Sean McGrath, C Kris O'Dowd, DB Phillip Adams, DE Pierre Allen, LB Allen Bradford, WR Deon Butler, WR Kris Durham, G Paul Fanaika, G Rishaw Johnson

Rams
DE Vernon Gholston, QB Kellen Clemens, DT Cornell Banks, C Tim Barnes, QB Tom Brandstater, DE Mason Brodine, LB Aaron Brown, LB Sammy Brown, CB Kendric Burney, FB Ben Guidugli, TE Cory Harkey, OL T. Bob Hebert, DE Jamaar Jarrett, WR Nick Johnson, T Joe Long, G Bryan Mattison, FB Ovie Mughelli, TE Deangelo Peterson, RB Chase Reynolds, DE Scott Smith, OL Jose Valdez

The biggest surprises are:

Seneca Wallace - Sturdy backup and sometime starter, said he was more than happy to help teach Brandon Weeden the ropes.

Tim Hightower - Injuries kept him from being a top RB, but cut him?

Marcus Thomas - He will be picked up.

John Kasey - Veteren gets the axe.

Josh Portis - Seattle down to two QBs?

NE cutting Branch is no surprise to me.

I'll make some predictions for the season in the days to come.

Alpe d'Huez said:
The biggest surprises are:

Seneca Wallace - Sturdy backup and sometime starter, said he was more than happy to help teach Brandon Weeden the ropes.

Tim Hightower - Injuries kept him from being a top RB, but cut him?

Marcus Thomas - He will be picked up.

John Kasey - Veteren gets the axe.

Josh Portis - Seattle down to two QBs?

NE cutting Branch is no surprise to me.

I'll make some predictions for the season in the days to come.

Pretty much how you saw it is how I saw it. Kasay... not really a surprise as he's a dinasaur who was very good back in the day;). Portis... TBH, I fell off the chair seeing this. I have no idea what Hawks have planned for a 3rd QB. Seneca too was a bit of a shock. Seneca should have developed himself as a kick return specialist. He would have been great, as others have suggested in the past when he was with Seattle.

edit: Portis signed back to the practice squad.

Of all NFL weeks, week 1 must be the easiest of all weeks to predict who game winners will be. Outside of a couple games, most are no brainers. Here's my picks (bold below), then after week 1 we can all have a good laugh if the obvious favorites tube it.

Dallas at NY Giants
Indianapolis at Chicago
Philadelphia at Cleveland
New England at Tennessee
Atlanta at Kansas City
Jacksonville at Minnesota (this one is not so obvious)
Washington at New Orleans
Buffalo at NY Jets
St. Louis at Detroit (Zzzzzz)
Miami at Houston
San Francisco at Green Bay
Seattle at Arizona
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Denver (not so obvious either, but should be fun)
Cincinnati at Baltimore
San Diego at Oakland (not an easy pick, but not an interesting game to me)

Surprise, surprise. Kellen Moore made the Lions roster! This is one that bucked the trend. Usually you hear of a player being selected over another because one has a clear athletic advantage over another. The idea being that athleticism cannot be taught, but smarts and how to play the game can be taught. We see that in all kinds of sports. But in Kellen's case, smarts actually won out over athletic ability. The Lions are saying he is a very smart QB. They must be hoping that some degree of athleticism can be gained. Anyway, hats off to Kellen!

TRENDING THREADS