• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 339 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Here are some early picks.

TEN@KC - The Titans barely made the playoffs and were more inconsistent than KC, who have quietly won 4 in a row. In KC, I just don't see them losing this game at home.

ATL@LAR - If there is one game I think could be an upset this weekend, it's this one. The Falcons, if they can just play four quarters, are as dangerous as any team left. I also think on defense they have the ability to stop the endless stream of screen passes the Rams like to throw. But the Rams also have Gurley, and Goff can throw deep. Still, experience counts, and I'll take the Falcons as my upset.

BUF@JAG - The Bills are riding high, and Jacksonville ended the season with two almost meaningless losses. But Jacksonville's defense is way more deep and dynamic than anything Buffalo can toss at them.

CAR@NO - Twice this season the Saints beat the Panthers (by 21, and 10), and I think they will again. They are my dark horse for the whole playoffs. Cam will have some big plays, but the Panther defense has not been playing great of late, and I think in the end the Saints will just overwhelm them in the Superdome.

I should also note the four teams with byes are likely to be favored next week, but if one team is ripe for an upset, it's Philly, without Wentz. Foles hasn't been consistent enough. He never really has, and likely won't be now. Minnesota will be very difficult to beat at home, no matter who goes there.

In the AFC I just don't see the Patriots losing, though they could to Pittsburgh maybe, but at home?

Another way I slice this is: Big name QB's tend to carry teams in big games and in the playoffs. That means Brady, Brees, Roethlesburger, and maybe Ryan. Cam can be dynamic, but I don't see him carrying the Panthers far enough. Smith is consistently good, rarely great. Goff too young, Bortles, Mariota, Taylor, Foles I don't see them carrying their teams more than a game. That leaves Case Keenum. Hmmm.
Maybe Case will be the next big name QB. Since my teams are out, I would really like to see the Vikes win a home Superbowl. Its a tall order, but its not out of the question.

Re:

jmdirt said:
Seattle fan take:
-Too many attitudes
--too many penalties that kill SEA drives/extend opp drives, too many distractions, pouty play
-Too many injures
-Poor roster selection
-Poor coaching
-Poor execution

I would like to see Pete stay, but Cable and Bevell need to go so that may include Pete if they are his guys. They need to clear the attitudes, bring in a few solid vets, and draft well (including a kicker).

Pete might retire same as Arians. If so what a shake up for the NFC West.

Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
Here are some early picks.

TEN@KC - The Titans barely made the playoffs and were more inconsistent than KC, who have quietly won 4 in a row. In KC, I just don't see them losing this game at home.

ATL@LAR - If there is one game I think could be an upset this weekend, it's this one. The Falcons, if they can just play four quarters, are as dangerous as any team left. I also think on defense they have the ability to stop the endless stream of screen passes the Rams like to throw. But the Rams also have Gurley, and Goff can throw deep. Still, experience counts, and I'll take the Falcons as my upset.

BUF@JAG - The Bills are riding high, and Jacksonville ended the season with two almost meaningless losses. But Jacksonville's defense is way more deep and dynamic than anything Buffalo can toss at them.

CAR@NO - Twice this season the Saints beat the Panthers (by 21, and 10), and I think they will again. They are my dark horse for the whole playoffs. Cam will have some big plays, but the Panther defense has not been playing great of late, and I think in the end the Saints will just overwhelm them in the Superdome.

I should also note the four teams with byes are likely to be favored next week, but if one team is ripe for an upset, it's Philly, without Wentz. Foles hasn't been consistent enough. He never really has, and likely won't be now. Minnesota will be very difficult to beat at home, no matter who goes there.

In the AFC I just don't see the Patriots losing, though they could to Pittsburgh maybe, but at home?

Another way I slice this is: Big name QB's tend to carry teams in big games and in the playoffs. That means Brady, Brees, Roethlesburger, and maybe Ryan. Cam can be dynamic, but I don't see him carrying the Panthers far enough. Smith is consistently good, rarely great. Goff too young, Bortles, Mariota, Taylor, Foles I don't see them carrying their teams more than a game. That leaves Case Keenum. Hmmm.
Maybe Case will be the next big name QB. Since my teams are out, I would really like to see the Vikes win a home Superbowl. Its a tall order, but its not out of the question.

Yeah of the remaining teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings do well.

Both Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold declared for the draft. This puts the Browns in a solid position in that while Rosen has implied he has no interest in playing for Cleveland, Darnold just seems happy to be considered for the top pick. But what if Cleveland and NYG swap picks, and the Giants take Rosen and Darnold isn't the top pick? This draft also has Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen. All considered plausible first round picks.

To be honest, if you consider that they are the youngest team in the NFL, have the 1st and 4th draft pick, and over $100m in cap space, their 2017 top pick (Myles Garrett) missed much of the season with minor injuries and has all along been considered a physical freak who needs support and a bit of time, there's everything on paper that says in the years to come the Browns should at least be decent, if not downright good. Even if they struggle, the flip side is both the Steelers and Ravens have no room under the cap, and the Steelers a low draft pick coming up.

Here's something else to consider when thinking about QB's to be drafted. Where do you think Case Keenum, Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater are going to play next year? The Vikings can't even keep two of them. Also, is it guaranteed that Kirk Cousins stays in Washington? Is AJ McCarren a starter? I think it's possible. Tyrod Taylor doesn't seem to be in favor in Buffalo, but he has shown he can start and play well on a marginal team. And here's another thought. Alex Smith had the best year of his career, lead the NFL in passer rating, and threw for over 4,000 yards. Also word is in the locker room he has full support from his teammates, without question. The Chiefs were expecting him to slip, obviously, when they took Mahomes. Do they keep Alex next year?

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Both Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold declared for the draft. This puts the Browns in a solid position in that while Rosen has implied he has no interest in playing for Cleveland, Darnold just seems happy to be considered for the top pick. But what if Cleveland and NYG swap picks, and the Giants take Rosen and Darnold isn't the top pick? This draft also has Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen. All considered plausible first round picks.

To be honest, if you consider that they are the youngest team in the NFL, have the 1st and 4th draft pick, and over $100m in cap space, their 2017 top pick (Myles Garrett) missed much of the season with minor injuries and has all along been considered a physical freak who needs support and a bit of time, there's everything on paper that says in the years to come the Browns should at least be decent, if not downright good. Even if they struggle, the flip side is both the Steelers and Ravens have no room under the cap, and the Steelers a low draft pick coming up.

Here's something else to consider when thinking about QB's to be drafted. Where do you think Case Keenum, Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater are going to play next year? The Vikings can't even keep two of them. Also, is it guaranteed that Kirk Cousins stays in Washington? Is AJ McCarren a starter? I think it's possible. Tyrod Taylor doesn't seem to be in favor in Buffalo, but he has shown he can start and play well on a marginal team. And here's another thought. Alex Smith had the best year of his career, lead the NFL in passer rating, and threw for over 4,000 yards. Also word is in the locker room he has full support from his teammates, without question. The Chiefs were expecting him to slip, obviously, when they took Mahomes. Do they keep Alex next year?

i think Cousins will move on maybe to the Giants now that the 49ers interest has disappeared. Bradford might also move on, will probably have to. Taylor is almost certain to go but the Bills won't be playing their current back up after his disastrous first game so they need a QB. Smith will probably feel under threat but I think he will stay at least for another year. Cardinals now need another starter as Carlton Palmer has retired, no surprise. Gabbert and Stanton are not very good. Denver will also be interested in Cousins you would think but Elway doesn't like paying too much for QBs. Probably the biggest mistake Kaepernick made was not taking the pay cut and going to Denver but at that time he obviously thought there would be other teams interested. Maybe reaching the playoffs will save Taylor.

The Bengals coach has survived which surprised me, Jackson will get another year to show some improvement at the Browns. The Green Bay coach might be under threat next season.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:

IF Case wins the SB with MIN, they can't let him go...can they? Really, I think that he is QB1 there no matter what else happens this year. I think that they will try to keep two of those three with Bradford the most likely to move. With that said, CLE should grab Bradford or Cousins if they can. They need a leader behind center NOW. Drafting a QB is too much of a crap shoot. Get an established guy to win with now and also mentor the young guy (Kizer or other).

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
And here's another thought. Alex Smith had the best year of his career, lead the NFL in passer rating, and threw for over 4,000 yards. Also word is in the locker room he has full support from his teammates, without question. The Chiefs were expecting him to slip, obviously, when they took Mahomes. Do they keep Alex next year?
Where did you hear about the word from the locker room that Smith had such high esteem from his teammates? (A few weeks ago, word from the Broncos locker room was that Joseph was going to be fired but that turned out to be "fake news" as VJ gets another year). I don't see how teammates supposedly think Smith is so wonderful as KC got lucky this year winning just barely enough games to take the division in what was a really poor division this year. If neither Denver or Oakland weren't so terrible this year, KC is staying home. And Smith sucked in those back to back losses to the Bills & Jets in early December - both games were winnable in the closing minutes and Smith failed to deliver.

If KC doesn't get to the Super Bowl this year, I don't see how the organization justifies keeping Smith around next season. And what do you say to the Texas Gunslinger? Please stick around and hold a clipboard another year for us. Lol. Was Mahomes drafted as the *10th OA* to play or sit the bench behind a QB that can't get the team to the SB? I can think of six teams that would gladly take Mahomes in a heartbeat and give him a chance to compete for the starting job; Denver, Arizona, NY Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (contigent if Big Ben retires) & possibly Indy (if Luck can't come back).

What a sad deal for the kid from Texas to have sit the bench on what appears to be a mediocre team that doesn't look to be winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.

Nomad said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
And here's another thought. Alex Smith had the best year of his career, lead the NFL in passer rating, and threw for over 4,000 yards. Also word is in the locker room he has full support from his teammates, without question. The Chiefs were expecting him to slip, obviously, when they took Mahomes. Do they keep Alex next year?
Where did you hear about the word from the locker room that Smith had such high esteem from his teammates? (A few weeks ago, word from the Broncos locker room was that Joseph was going to be fired but that turned out to be "fake news" as VJ gets another year). I don't see how teammates supposedly think Smith is so wonderful as KC got lucky this year winning just barely enough games to take the division in what was a really poor division this year. If neither Denver or Oakland weren't so terrible this year, KC is staying home. And Smith sucked in those back to back losses to the Bills & Jets in early December - both games were winnable in the closing minutes and Smith failed to deliver.

If KC doesn't get to the Super Bowl this year, I don't see how the organization justifies keeping Smith around next season. And what do you say to the Texas Gunslinger? Please stick around and hold a clipboard another year for us. Lol. Was Mahomes drafted as the *10th OA* to play or sit the bench behind a QB that can't get the team to the SB? I can think of six teams that would gladly take Mahomes in a heartbeat and give him a chance to compete for the starting job; Denver, Arizona, NY Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (contigent if Big Ben retires) & possibly Indy (if Luck can't come back).

What a sad deal for the kid from Texas to have sit the bench on what appears to be a mediocre team that doesn't look to be winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.

It's inevitable that Smith will move on but will it be next season. Smith could even retire who knows I mean if Kansas look to trade him or let him go. If Reid thought Mahomes was the answer why didn't he start more games ? Plenty of teams I think would be interested in Mahomes. Ik Kansas have another slump next season Smith will probably be replaced for good if Mahomes lives up to the hype. I am sort of thinking that scenario is possible. Smith can be pretty up and down. The way Reid was talking about Mahomes before the draft I don't think he is going anywhere but Reid still must think Smith is the best option in the short term.

Ben is probably one injury away from retirement. No certainty Luck will ever be the same. If Smith needed to play for another team he won't gave trouble finding a position but it probably won't be one of the better teams.

Nomad said:
Where did you hear about the word from the locker room that Smith had such high esteem from his teammates?
It's been said many times. Where have you heard otherwise?

KC Star:
"I must stress — for the 50th time — the feeling I get is the locker room is 100 percent in support of Alex."
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article192215154.html

One of the pundits on the NFL Network also said it. In fact, I can't recall seeing a single expert, esteemed, marginal, unknown, otherwise, saying the opposite. Tony Dungee, who I have a tremendous amount of respect for, even said when the team was struggling that what they needed to do was put the ball in Alex hands.

Is Alex going to win the Superbowl for the Chiefs? Er, I don't see that. In fact, while I think they can beat Tennessee, and Alex may play well in the game (though KC has struggled against them), I don't possibly see them beating Pittsburgh - who they match-up poorly with, and lost to earlier this year (at home), or a rematch with New England, who they wiped in week 1.

But I don't see Pat Mahomes leading them to a division title next year either (I'll pick Gruden's Raiders to do that). I do think it was smart to play him against Denver. Though the Broncos had nothing to play for, they still have a solid D, and Mahomes performed well.

Here's a good article on Alex. What he has done in KC, but why they may move on from him anyway:

http://www.myajc.com/sports/chiefs-alex-smith-deserves-some-appreciation/df2UEQikDAnOrHT8VMgBtL/

Smith has one more year on his contract, at $17m, plus some bonuses. No team, or player, likes to have a player who they expect to keep, hanging on to a final year. But what are the Chiefs going to do, pay Smith, who is now 34, $20+ million a year on a 3 year extension? Then eat the money if he doesn't perform well? KC also has little cap space. It's a conundrum.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Nomad said:
Where did you hear about the word from the locker room that Smith had such high esteem from his teammates?
It's been said many times. Where have you heard otherwise?

KC Star:
"I must stress — for the 50th time — the feeling I get is the locker room is 100 percent in support of Alex."
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article192215154.html

One of the pundits on the NFL Network also said it. In fact, I can't recall seeing a single expert, esteemed, marginal, unknown, otherwise, saying the opposite. Tony Dungee, who I have a tremendous amount of respect for, even said when the team was struggling that what they needed to do was put the ball in Alex hands.

Is Alex going to win the Superbowl for the Chiefs? Er, I don't see that. In fact, while I think they can beat Tennessee, and Alex may play well in the game (though KC has struggled against them), I don't possibly see them beating Pittsburgh - who they match-up poorly with, and lost to earlier this year (at home), or a rematch with New England, who they wiped in week 1.

But I don't see Pat Mahomes leading them to a division title next year either (I'll pick Gruden's Raiders to do that). I do think it was smart to play him against Denver. Though the Broncos had nothing to play for, they still have a solid D, and Mahomes performed well.

Here's a good article on Alex. What he has done in KC, but why they may move on from him anyway:

http://www.myajc.com/sports/chiefs-alex-smith-deserves-some-appreciation/df2UEQikDAnOrHT8VMgBtL/

Smith has one more year on his contract, at $17m, plus some bonuses. No team, or player, likes to have a player who they expect to keep, hanging on to a final year. But what are the Chiefs going to do, pay Smith, who is now 34, $20+ million a year on a 3 year extension? Then eat the money if he doesn't perform well? KC also has little cap space. It's a conundrum.

The Cardinals would probably take Smith looking at their other QBs on the roster but not everyone wants to make a fresh start at 34. Smith wouldn't be such a bad guy to mentor a rookie QB for a year or two and the Cardinals will be looking to draft one you would think. He has a young family so maybe retirement is more probable. Health wise he doesn't seem as beat up as many other QBs that age or even younger. Cardinals will be in rebuild mode and eventually Seattle will as well while the 49ers are well into that phase already.

Big story in Boston is that there's been a major feud between Brady and Belichick. Brady wanted Jimmy Garoppolo. traded, whereas Beli didn't. This makes perfect sense to me. I've been mystified why Beli would trade the best option the team has for a successor to Brady, when the latter has to be near the end of his career. I know Brady thinks he's going to play till he's 60--so of course he doesn't want someone thought of as his successor around--but the reality is he could be finished literally any game now. In 2013, Manning had one of the best seasons a QB has ever had in NFL history; the next year he was very good for about half the season, then started to fade; the year after that he was finished, one of the worst QBs in the NFL. It can happen very fast, and after 40, all bets are off. If Brady goes into serious decline next year, what's NE going to do? They had a great potential solution in Jimmy G, and they let him go. Now as far as I can see, they have no future QB. It's nuts to be in that situation when your starter is 40 years old. If I were Beli, I'd be very upset if Brady prevailed on Kraft to get rid of Garoppolo.

If I were in position to decide, I would have traded Brady, not Garappolo. It may sound absurd, but I think it would be the perfect move at the perfect time. Brady's stock is as high right now as it has ever been; there are very few teams in the NFL that wouldn't sell the farm to acquire him. But he can't last much longer, so NE would probably be giving up very little for what they could potentially get back.

There have even been rumors that either Brady or Beli has to go. I doubt that, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely take Beli. When Brady missed essentially the entire season in 2008, the Patriots were still very good, finishing 11-5. When he was suspended for four games last year, they went 3-1. I think Beli can win with anyone, I'm not so sure Brady would be so great on some other team.

Merckx index said:
Big story in Boston is that there's been a major feud between Brady and Belichick. Brady wanted Jimmy Garoppolo. traded, whereas Beli didn't. This makes perfect sense to me. I've been mystified why Beli would trade the best option the team has for a successor to Brady, when the latter has to be near the end of his career. I know Brady thinks he's going to play till he's 60--so of course he doesn't want someone thought of as his successor around--but the reality is he could be finished literally any game now. In 2013, Manning had one of the best seasons a QB has ever had in NFL history; the next year he was very good for about half the season, then started to fade; the year after that he was finished, one of the worst QBs in the NFL. It can happen very fast, and after 40, all bets are off. If Brady goes into serious decline next year, what's NE going to do? They had a great potential solution in Jimmy G, and they let him go. Now as far as I can see, they have no future QB. It's nuts to be in that situation when your starter is 40 years old. If I were Beli, I'd be very upset if Brady prevailed on Kraft to get rid of Garoppolo.

If I were in position to decide, I would have traded Brady, not Garappolo. It may sound absurd, but I think it would be the perfect move at the perfect time. Brady's stock is as high right now as it has ever been; there are very few teams in the NFL that wouldn't sell the farm to acquire him. But he can't last much longer, so NE would probably be giving up very little for what they could potentially get back.

There have even been rumors that either Brady or Beli has to go. I doubt that, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely take Beli. When Brady missed essentially the entire season in 2008, the Patriots were still very good, finishing 11-5. When he was suspended for four games last year, they went 3-1. I think Beli can win with anyone, I'm not so sure Brady would be so great on some other team.
I would have kept Garappolo also. Plus I think Brady still has enough value to get at least what they got for Jimmy G.

BUT, I'm really skeptical about the initial report about the situation, because who reported the situation? That ESPN drama mongering tool Seth Wickersham. The same Wickerscam who falsely reported on the Seattle locker room discord last Spring. In his report on Seattle, he used facts to bend the truth. Facts like Sherman telling Wilson he sucked, which when the dust finally settled it was really nothing more than competitive juices flowing. So, how much of this new report about the Pats do I believe? At this point not much, because it is Seth at his worst. As for ESPN, they suck too because they put this moron out there to drum up drama to sell. I would not be surprised if this Pats report resulted from a simple conversation someone had about whether or not they should trade Brady, as any GM/coach might consider just to be prudent by considering all the options. I could be all wrong on this one, but until proven otherwise that's what I think about it. That said, I would not put it past Brady though.

Merckx index said:

As good and as cool/confident Brady is, Belichick's value to the team, I feel, is greater. I mean he helped the BROWNS to the playoffs. The last time they were there. And who were his best players then?? A very good defense at the time, one of the top in the league (if not the top), with Vinny Testaverde at QB. They beat the Patriots but lost to the Steelers in the AFC divisional the following week. They finished 11-5 and won a playoff game...Belichick was out shortly thereafter and the Browns relocated to Baltimore...

Point is, Belichick would be the more valuable asset at the moment. It's too early to say of course, but if Jimmy does end up being a start with the 49ers, can you imagine him being with the Pats with Belichick at the helm? We know that Belichick knows how to move the pieces and to make things work.

It might turn out to be a BIG mistake for NE to let Jimmy G go.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Merckx index said:

I would have kept Garappolo also. Plus I think Brady still has enough value to get at least what they got for Jimmy G.

BUT, I'm really skeptical about the initial report about the situation, because who reported the situation? That ESPN drama mongering tool Seth Wickersham. The same Wickerscam who falsely reported on the Seattle locker room discord last Spring. In his report on Seattle, he used facts to bend the truth. Facts like Sherman telling Wilson he sucked, which when the dust finally settled it was really nothing more than competitive juices flowing. So, how much of this new report about the Pats do I believe? At this point not much, because it is Seth at his worst. As for ESPN, they suck too because they put this moron out there to drum up drama to sell. I would not be surprised if this Pats report resulted from a simple conversation someone had about whether or not they should trade Brady, as any GM/coach might consider just to be prudent by considering all the options. I could be all wrong on this one, but until proven otherwise that's what I think about it. That said, I would not put it past Brady though.

Initially it seemed that both Bill and Brady were happy for Jimmy to go to the 49ers and Bill turned down the Browns trade which would have given the Patriots higher draft picks because he didn't want to see Jimmy go to the Browns and because a few old buddies are connected to the 49ers. Jimmy is obviously happy to get off the bench and play for a young team in rebuild mode with a new coach who is highly regarded with his offense schemes. I think there could be some truth to it but if the Patriots win the SB again it will probably blow over. If they don't then the media might keep poking at it to see if there is any substance to the claims. And if Jimmy doesn't perform next year, after his first five games it will be all forgotten about it. Realistically I can't see Brady going longer than another year. Patriots will be looking for another diamond in the draft. Brady was a sixth round pick, the chances of that happening again are next to zero.

on3m@n@rmy said:
I'm really skeptical about the initial report about the situation... As for ESPN, they suck too...
Agree, and agree. ESPN is losing viewership, losing their stature overall. They have taken "jockocracy" to the next level on air, and fewer people are interested anymore, and their reporting is often crap like this.

Stuff is said in locker rooms and sidelines all the time, how many times and stories have we heard about this? What's said in the locker room, stays there, and for good reason. Every player on every team knows this. Trying to take something from there and tell a whole story from it is pointless.

Does anyone in their right mind really think the trifecta of Kraft, Belicheck and Brady won't be together next year? Presuming none of them retire, say, after winning the SB? Who would be forced out? Kraft isn't selling the team, he's not going to fire Belicheck, and they're not going to trade Brady. Just for giggles though, imagine they did fire Belicheck, and the Browns hired him back...

I agree that Brady will at some point decline, but right now he's having an MVP season, and I think will win that award. While he does go through a world-class workout to keep fit and healthy, age changes everyone, and this sport isn't Golf. I thought last season Tom looked like his arm was fading a little about 12 games in, I was proven wrong, but at some point it's going to happen. He'll get banged up enough, worn out enough, and just not be able to make the throws he once did. Will that happen in 2018? If so, I'm sure they wished they had kept Garrapollo. But what if it doesn't? This is the kind of risk every team has when trading what appears to be quality back-ups.

Good points Alpe. My last comment on ESPN & Wickerscam, even if this report on the Pats trifecta is true, I don't really give a rip. It's almost like Wickerscam wants to turn NFL into "General Hospital", "Days of Our Lives", or the National Inquirer. I'm not buying his brand. We all love to speculate on football related things, and that's fine. But not fine is this style of reporting, which at the core involves lusting after disharmony and discord.

I didn't watch the whole game but from what I saw in the 4th quarter the commentators said about 50 times that the Titnas had a lot of luck.

Falls perfectly into New England's hands again who get a poor Tenesee side come to Boston after a favourable schedule and the fluke of the century got them the 1 seed again. Though KC would have lost they might have made a game of it. I hope to be alive when Brady has a season where every lucky bounce doesn't go his way.

The Patriots do indeed have to be happy. Once Kelsey was lost, astounding how flat KC's offense went. But on that 4th and 9, Mitchell Schwarz was caught completely flat footed at the snap, just unreal that an OT could miss the count like that. He didn't even touch anyone coming after Smith.

While you could argue the Chiefs blew it, let's give the Titans some real credit here. They hung together, didn't let their mistakes get them down, adapted when they had to, and make the key plays when they needed to, especially Mariota. Great win for them.

Ha..Ha...The Chiefs blew it again! Lol. Smith had a chance with an eternity left on their last possession to get the go ahead score, and possibly the winning score and he failed to deliver. And how about the boo birds at Arrowhead; not happy with their team...imagine that. This is getting ridiculous with KC - if the Texas Gunslinger is not starting next season then he needs to leave and go somewhere else where he can play. Smith isn't leading this team anywhere except to the toilet. And Reid should maybe step down - losing a 1st round playoff game at home for the second straight year...please.