• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 453 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have a favorite Shula story, two of them, in fact. His son went to my alma mater, Dartmouth (he and former Bills QB and politician Jack Kemp's son were on the team together). Every year, the Dartmouth school paper puts out a pirate issue with (obviously) fake news. One year, a major story was that Shula had agreed to retire from Miami and come to Dartmouth to coach the team and his son there. The Miami Herald, which didn't know it was a joke, called someone at the Daily Dartmouth and said, "Do you know something that we don't know?"

The other story comes from Shula himself. He says he and his wife were traveling by car in New England one time, i guess on a visit to see their son, and they stopped in a small town. They decided to watch a movie, so they went into what was the only theater in the town. As soon as they entered, everyone there rose to their feet and started clapping.

Shula said to someone that he appreciated the recognition. The guy replied, "Buddy, I don't know you from Adam. We have a rule in town that the movie isn't shown unless a minimum of fifty people show up. You and your wife just make fifty."

"Winning isn't the most important thing. It's the only thing."
-Vince Lombardi

"Defeat is disappointing, but it's not devastating."
-Don Shula

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing LVR vs NO, TB, and MIA if all goes well with covid, money is there, and school isn't crazy. My only issue is being at home seems the better option but you get the experience of going.

Allegiant Stadium is almost finished on the outside, only the north side to finish.

Edit: nevermind. NO $650, TB $550, and MIA $275 a ticket for no bleeds. Better off at home vs seeing Brees and Brady play live.

Last edited:
Smoking Jay is the lawyer.
Definitely a good one since he has a higher net worth. Honestly I don't blame him for being lazy retired. He made millions, got a degree, and can chill now. I wouldn't want to work either.

Hopefully they're civil for their kids.
Stephen A Smith will be hoping for no more naked butt photos of Jay on his boat.........that was one of his rants i could laugh at !

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Now he can get active and find a good lawyer............

Sounds like he got a good lawyer because it's just about done and dusted. I couldn't find any articles but according to multiple comments from Facebook and YouTube posters.
Originally he wanted joint custody with him as the primary, she can have one of their 3 houses to live and share a second one. She wanted full custody, limited visitation, child support, one of their houses, and $5-$10 mil so she can purchase a new home.
They settled for joint custody, he is primary, and $5mil for a new house.
Plus he wished her happy mother's day still.
Smoking Jay strikes again.

Sounds like he got a good lawyer because it's just about done and dusted. I couldn't find any articles but according to multiple comments from Facebook and YouTube posters.
Originally he wanted joint custody with him as the primary, she can have one of their 3 houses to live and share a second one. She wanted full custody, limited visitation, child support, one of their houses, and $5-$10 mil so she can purchase a new home.
They settled for joint custody, he is primary, and $5mil for a new house.
Plus he wished her happy mother's day still.
Smoking Jay strikes again.
Sounds like they had a good relationship but Jay was finally too boring for her..........oh well Jay will probably remain tranquilo........

He was born to be tranquilo. Now nothing is stopping him from staying home.
I wonder why he never started a Smoking Jay tobacco company.
Smokin' Jay Cutler, now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Not sure how/when the smokin' meme ever took off, but I used to sport this pic as my avatar on another forum years ago. I thought it was pretty funny because it's so cheesy.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Naturally there were much cooler versions of Smokin' Jay Cutler memes way back when, I just liked that one because it was so extra ridiculous.

Glad to hear Smokin' Jay is still tranquilo though, he's da man! And while he apparently never actually smoked, for old times' sake:

image share

I think my favorite is when he got hit by the ref. I don't know how to post the picture. He has said he enjoys the memes though.

Cam to SEA? HMM, it could work.
Nooooooooooooooo! :eek:
First thoughts when I heard that: 1) No way Seattle pays him to sit on the bench, what with their limited cap space, and 2) no way Cam would be willing to sit on the bench as long as Russ is on the Hawks roster and healthy.

I also heard these rumors: 1) Seattle working on a trade with Browns for Miles Garrett, 2) Seattle possibly pursuing Larry Warford who was just cut by NO.

While intriguing, I don't see the Garrett trade happening, and am just 50/50 on a Warford deal. But who knows? The longer Clowney remains undecided the more likely Seattle might pull the trigger on a Garrett deal.

Warford, only age 28 and 3x probowler (2017-2019), is only seeking $7M, which is probably feasible from a dollars standpoint, but how many guards does Seattle need? Current guards on their roster: B.J. Finney (who will play center), Mike Iupati, Damien Lewis, Phil Haynes, Chance Warmack, Ethan Pocic, Kahlil McKenzie, Jordan Roos, Jordan Simmons, Kyle Fuller, Demetrius Knox. You can look at that list and see how on the bubble would be Pocic, McKenzie, Roos, Simmons, Fuller, Knox, and maybe Warmack. And signing Warford might actually make Iupati expendable.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS