• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 469 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Browns ransacked Cowboys. How are you going to let them recover the blocked extra point to get 2 points.

Good win for TB and Chargers should have their quarterback for the future. Hes played well. I don't think Brady is ever going to attempt that throw again of across the numbers out route. Excellent play by the defender with the receiver slow coming out on his break but the corner had it dialed in. Howard's injury will hurt down the stretch but still have Gronk and Brate.

Suprised Eagles are winning right now.
Cowboys forgotten how to play defense..............

Tough bang-bang loss by Niners. I thought SF had it mostly under control until Philly got those 2 quick TDs. Still, SF nearly pulled out a win.

Gripe time. Refs. They need to get more consistent calling penalties on running backs dropping their head to initiate contact. One got called in the Raider game where I thought was wrong because it looked more like the back initiated contact with the shoulder, then one in the SF game where the back clearly lowered his head. These are often bang bang collisions, but those contacts should be reviewable to put some teeth in the rule.
Mullens had a shocker for the 49ers. Those turnovers just killed them plus some wide open misses to his WRs, and dumb flags. I always thought the battle of the back ups could be a trap game for the 49ers. Eagles were not good but the 49ers made more errors. One of the worst games of the season as far as mistakes go. Shanahan should have benched Mullens earlier. If the Niners lose to the Dolphins next week they are in trouble looking at the remaining schedule as they are still nowhere near full strength. On a good note Kittle returned and played strong Niners O line took the day off, mediocre performance. Cardinals lost again

Vikings got their first win. Buccs doing well.

Reactions: jmdirt

I will say this. All the claims of his arm not being able to handle being an elite quarterback because of his age is baseless. The reason being is unlike others like Manning, Farve, Brees, Moon, Rogers, etc., he uses his whole body to throw the ball not just his arm. That allows his arm to last longer. His throwing motion is textbook.

Last edited:

I will say this. All the claims of his arm not being able to handle being an elite quarterback because of his age is baseless. The reason being is unlike others like Manning, Farve, Brees, Moon, Rogers, etc., he uses his whole body to throw the ball not just his arm. That allows his arm to last longer. His throwing motion is textbook.
I'd agree on Brady but there are times when the quick release doesn't allow it and he's disadvantaged these days.

And then there's Russell Wilson's full body pass to David Moore this weekend. Right-handed Russell, running left and then doing the neutral/airborne throw forty+ yards perfectly to Moore. Looks like a shortstop doing that stuff.

Reactions: Koronin
Bill O'Brien fired already. Not a big surprise, awful start to the season for the Texans. He didn't seem to be the person to take them to the next level anyway. The Hopkins trade just made it harder. Both Texan teams looking bad at the moment.
Coming to share this.

I think he tried being more cute than he had to be. I feel like the Texans the last few years are in the same position as the Chiefs were with Smith and not being able to get over the playoff hump but with Reid as the better coach.

NE hanging in there and Hoyer playing like vintage Hoyer!

I think this game highlighted even more that the Patriots need more offensive talent than just the quarterback of Brady and Newton. Rex Ryan said last year and this year the quarterbacks were their best offensive players. Crazy go think week 2 last year the Patriots were thought to have an offense that matched 07 with an elite defense and the offense imploding. Now Newton is the driving force. Without him they could very well be 0-4.

Good win for the Chiefs. It was ugly but they pulled it out. A lot of razzle dazzle. 4th year 4-0 and they look like the team to beat. Mahomes continues to extend plays with his legs.

I think this game highlighted even more that the Patriots need more offensive talent than just the quarterback of Brady and Newton. Rex Ryan said last year and this year the quarterbacks were their best offensive players. Crazy go think week 2 last year the Patriots were thought to have an offense that matched 07 with an elite defense and the offense imploding. Now Newton is the driving force. Without him they could very well be 0-4.

Good win for the Chiefs. It was ugly but they pulled it out. A lot of razzle dazzle. 4th year 4-0 and they look like the team to beat. Mahomes continues to extend plays with his legs.
I'd be very surprised if Kansas wasn't in the AFC final. The question is who will they play ? GB are looking good but they looked good last year and their defense let them down in the NFC final. 49ers season is teetering, the next few weeks will be make or break for them in the NFC. If the 49ers fail the Seahawks as of now are looking good even though their defense needs work but GB's defense isn't great either. If the Niners lose to the Dolphins next week then the Rams, the best they can hope for is a low seed in the playoffs and they will have to go on an externded run to do it The way they played yesterday they could certainly lose the next two games especially if Jimmy is still out. They are paying for ignoring secondary issues in previous years and with the injuries they are now exposed. Their O line is also overrated. So far with the defense Buckners exit is also costing them and Dee Ford is injured as usual but the biggest blow was Bosa, they don't loook the same. without him.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I'd be very surprised if Kansas wasn't in the AFC final. The question is who will they play ? GB are looking good but they looked good last year and their defense let them down in the NFC final. 49ers season is teetering, the next few weeks will be make or break for them in the NFC. If the 49ers fail the Seahawks as of now are looking good even though their defense needs work but GB's defense isn't great either. If the Niners lose to the Dolphins next week then the Rams, the best they can hope for is a low seed in the playoffs and they will have to go on an externded run to do it The way they played yesterday they could certainly lose the next two games especially if Jimmy is still out. They are paying for ignoring secondary issues in previous years and with the injuries they are now exposed. Their O line is also overrated. So far with the defense Buckners exit is also costing them and Dee Ford is injured as usual but the biggest blow was Bosa, they don't loook the same. without him.
I would think AFCCG will come down to KC, BAL, PIT, NE, TEN, or BUF. You obviously can't 100% the Chiefs into it but heavy favorites. As long as they don't do a PIT and look ahead during the playoffs.

NFC is open in my opinion. I think most likely would be GB, SEA, SF, TB, or NO. Be good games either one. I think a GB or NO vs TB NFCGC would be cool to make up for no Super Bowl against the quarterbacks. Or SF vs TB, teacher vs student.

I would think AFCCG will come down to KC, BAL, PIT, NE, TEN, or BUF. You obviously can't 100% the Chiefs into it but heavy favorites. As long as they don't do a PIT and look ahead during the playoffs.

NFC is open in my opinion. I think most likely would be GB, SEA, SF, TB, or NO. Be good games either one. I think a GB or NO vs TB NFCGC would be cool to make up for no Super Bowl against the quarterbacks. Or SF vs TB, teacher vs student.
Yeah Buffalo should be interesting and Pittsburgh. Allen is playing well at the moment. GB are cruising along like last season. So far not sold on NO but they could turn it around. Interesting to see if the Titans can figure in the playoffs again. Hawks are having some close games but a win is a win. Ravens will be desperate for a playoff win. Wonder if the Browns momentum will continue. Tend to think the Cardinals are being a little overrated. Think the Rams at the moment could go either way, so far so good but their playoff chances might hinge on how the 49ers go in the second half of the season. Cowboys are still not out of it as it's the NFC East but they have obvious problems that need a quick turnaround.

Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
Bill O'Brien fired already. Not a big surprise, awful start to the season for the Texans. He didn't seem to be the person to take them to the next level anyway. The Hopkins trade just made it harder. Both Texan teams looking bad at the moment.
Not a surprise when you have the 2nd highest paid QB and you can't advance out of the divisional round of the playoffs and now 0-4.

You're absolutely right - the NFC East looks terrible at this stage. And the Cowboys? 1-3 with their only win a squeaker over winless Atlanta (40-39). Their defense is giving up a ridiculous 36.5 points per game!

I thought Jones said McCarthy is the guy to get this talented team on the path to the SB? McCarthy better figure out their defensive problems and get it turned around quickly...or else:

Last edited:
You're absolutely right - the NFC East looks terrible at this stage. And the Cowboys? 1-3 with their only win a squeaker over winless Atlanta (40-39). Their defense is giving up a ridiculous 36.5 points per game!

I thought Jones said McCarthy is the guy to get this talented team on the path to the SB? McCarthy better figure out their defensive problems and get it turned around quickly...or else:

Cowboys DC may not want to get too comfortable...............Aldon Smith their best defender !

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Stephon Gilmore tests positive for Covid. Hopefully no one else and there is pictures of him and Mahomes hanging close for quite a bit.

TB vs CHI
I'm going with TB even though their offense is getting the injury bug. Brady to throw 4 touchdowns, 2 of which to Gronk. Foles to perform well but fall apart towards the end. 34-24 TB.
Foles is so up and down which is why some fans either think he's just a back up or he got lucky at the SB, neither of which is probably true. That said he is not one of the top 20 starters probably on a game by game basis. I will pick the Bears, maybe their defense will help out Foles and I'm getting a bit tired of the Brady talk. I think we get it, yes a multiple SB winner is a good player and no he is not too old to be playing obviously. Foles was ordinary at the Rams but so were they in the Jeff Fisher days. His second stint at the Eagles was such better but then so was the team.

Foles is so up and down which is why some fans either think he's just a back up or he got lucky at the SB, neither of which is probably true. That said he is not one of the top 20 starters probably on a game by game basis. I will pick the Bears, maybe their defense will help out Foles and I'm getting a bit tired of the Brady talk. I think we get it, yes a multiple SB winner is a good player and no he is not too old to be playing obviously. Foles was ordinary at the Rams but so were they in the Jeff Fisher days. His second stint at the Eagles was such better but then so was the team.

14-13 Bears. Foles started cold missing some big throws the first couple drives. Got some help from the refs on their scoring drives. Bears receive at half so they have the chance to pile it on.

Titans could be in big trouble. Now 23 positive tests from players and staff. Also rumors of quarantine breaches. They are at least going to be heavily fined and the worst result could be forfeiture of games and the loss of draft picks if protocols were not adhered to regarding Covid.

Last edited:
  • Wow

TRENDING THREADS