• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 473 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yannick Ngakoue gets traded for the second time in a couple of months - this time from the Vikings to the Ravens. The Ravens give up less than the Vikings did (3rd round pick instead of a 2nd rounder) . He only has a 1 year contract currently
My first thought was, WTH are the Viks doing/thinking? But reading the quote below from a Bleacher Report article makes more sense, and can be summed up in one phrase "Viks are giving up on this season and the playoffs".
The defensive end is playing under the franchise tag this season, and The MMQB's Albert Breer reported at the time of his move to Minnesota that he was taking less money to play for the Vikings.

Still, that raised the risk of Ngakoue becoming a one-year rental for the Vikings, which is what happened with Jadeveon Clowney and the Seattle Seahawks in 2019.

Trading for the 2017 Pro Bowler was a sensible bet for Minnesota when the team still harbored hopes of winning the NFC North and going deep in the playoffs. Following a 1-5 start, the Vikings' postseason chances may have already fallen by the wayside.

In hindsight, Minnesota would've been better off never trading for Ngakoue in the first place. General manager Rick Spielman was at least able to recoup some of the team's original investment.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...traded-to-ravens-from-vikings-for-draft-picks

• Wow
Reactions: SHAD0W93
Steelers/Titans, 49ers/Patriots, Bears/Rams,Buccs/Raiders and Hawks/Cardinals look to be the pick of the games this week. My picks would be Titans, 49ers, Bears, Raiders and Hawks.
Story is who is Henry going to wreck now.
Jimmy G returning to his first home with a victory.
Bears D to trample Rams O.
Raiders have been good but OL missing key players or practice with Bucs pouncing on that. I was thinking about tickets for this game but lowest was $500!
Hawks and Cardinals could be a shoot out.

Last edited:
Steelers/Titans, 49ers/Patriots, Bears/Rams,Buccs/Raiders and Hawks/Cardinals look to be the pick of the games this week. My picks would be Titans, 49ers, Bears, Raiders and Hawks.
That's close to my picks. But like Shadow, I think Bucs win. Got all your others, except I'm on the fence with 1 game: epic game of the week - Pit\Ten. In terms of total yards allowed, Pit is #1 in passing D and #1 in rushing D. So, interested to see how that Pit D handles the Ten O, especially rushing of Henry. And how many guys is Henry going to shuck or truck? Pits D just destroyed the Browns last week, but with Baker's help. Tannehill's way better than Baker. A tough pick, but I give a slight edge to Pit, but the outcome of that game could go either way.

That's close to my picks. But like Shadow, I think Bucs win. Got all your others, except I'm on the fence with 1 game: epic game of the week - Pit\Ten. In terms of total yards allowed, Pit is #1 in passing D and #1 in rushing D. So, interested to see how that Pit D handles the Ten O, especially rushing of Henry. And how many guys is Henry going to shuck or truck? Pits D just destroyed the Browns last week, but with Baker's help. Tannehill's way better than Baker. A tough pick, but I give a slight edge to Pit, but the outcome of that game could go either way.
Yes that should be the game of the week. Henry has picked up where he left off in the playoffs. I didn't know about the Raiders problems but I liked their win over Kansas.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Yannick Ngakoue gets traded for the second time in a couple of months - this time from the Vikings to the Ravens. The Ravens give up less than the Vikings did (3rd round pick instead of a 2nd rounder) . He only has a 1 year contract currently
Which now amounts to less than half the season. At least the Vikes lessen some payroll bleed for some draft compensation. Wonder who else is for sale?

Which now amounts to less than half the season. At least the Vikes lessen some payroll bleed for some draft compensation. Wonder who else is for sale?
Since the Viks shipped off Ngakoue, rumor is the Viks are now getting calls from other teams for certain players, Kyle Rudolf for one. Didn't the Viks extend their QB Cousins recently?

Viks fan transplants from MN I know here have no faith in the Viks this season, & speculate the firing of HC Mike Zimmer will happen, eventually.

That would be a perfect finish for this household's weekend.
I'm thinking (hoping) the Hawks defense show up much more rigid on pass defense.
Unfortunately, Jamaal Adams is still out this week.
PlayerInjuryWedThuFriGame status
Jamal AdamsGroinDNPDNPDNPOut
Quinton DunbarKnee/RestingDNPLPLP(-)
Jordyn BrooksKneeLPLPFP(-)
Benson MayowaKneeLPLPFP(-)
Anthony RushKneeLPLPLP(-)
Brooks who was out last week was replaced last week by Cody Barton, who played poorly and was pushed around all day long vs the Viks, but made one great play on that final 4th and inches situation. I'd hope to get Brooks back. But for the long haul, Seattle has signed Mychal Kendricks back to the practice squad. Kendricks will have to go through C19 protocols etc and won't be available vs the Cards. But it appears clear Seattle was not satisfied with Barton.

Since the Viks shipped off Ngakoue, rumor is the Viks are now getting calls from other teams for certain players, Kyle Rudolf for one. Didn't the Viks extend their QB Cousins recently?

Viks fan transplants from MN I know here have no faith in the Viks this season, & speculate the firing of HC Mike Zimmer will happen, eventually.
Yes I think Cousins was extended but it sounds like big changes on the way at the Vikings.

If and it's a big if, AB can keep his act together he would come at a good time with the Bucs receiving core rampant with injuries allowing them to rest more. If it all works out they can be as explosive as KC minus the things Mahomes can do that Brady can't. Imagine your defense lining up against Evans and Godwin outside, Brown in the slot, Gronk on the line or slot, and Jones, LF, or McCoy in the backfield. What are you playing against and trying to cover, especially in hurry up? All 4 can block well for the run and all 5 are a threat receiving. Straight a Madden team. But that can all be over in a week. Someone needs to steal ABs phone!

Eagles had a touch gritty win. Forgot we had a game yesterday and was reminded from Jones's run. Which 80 yard run was phenomenal just stinks how it ended. The tie could be the difference between winning the division and losing it for the Eagles.

Reactions: Oldermanish
If and it's a big if, AB can keep his act together he would come at a good time with the Bucs receiving core rampant with injuries allowing them to rest more. If it all works out they can be as explosive as KC minus the things Mahomes can do that Brady can't. Imagine your defense lining up against Evans and Godwin outside, Brown in the slot, Gronk on the line or slot, and Jones, LF, or McCoy in the backfield. What are you playing against and trying to cover, especially in hurry up? All 4 can block well for the run and all 5 are a threat receiving. Straight a Madden team. But that can all be over in a week. Someone needs to steal ABs phone!

Eagles had a touch gritty win. Forgot we had a game yesterday and was reminded from Jones's run. Which 80 yard run was phenomenal just stinks how it ended. The tie could be the difference between winning the division and losing it for the Eagles.
It seems Wentz does best in 4th quarters ! Jones falling over didn't matter that much. They scored a few plays later but it chewed up some time I suppose. Eagles are injury plagued at the moment like a lot of other teams. I still think they will win the division. Thought the game was trash but entertaining mainly because of Wentz's ups and downs.

It seems Wentz does best in 4th quarters ! Jones falling over didn't matter that much. They scored a few plays later but it chewed up some time I suppose. Eagles are injury plagued at the moment like a lot of other teams. I still think they will win the division. Thought the game was trash but entertaining mainly because of Wentz's ups and downs.
I didn't mean like that but instead of 80 yard run he could have had a 90 plus td. Maybe with the time not lost from that they could have won, who knows. Just a bad tumble that's all over memes now but it happens.

I didn't mean like that but instead of 80 yard run he could have had a 90 plus td. Maybe with the time not lost from that they could have won, who knows. Just a bad tumble that's all over memes now but it happens.
Yes he is a pretty confident runner but he just seemed to seize up after running so far, was almost like he pulled a hamstring or something but I think he just tripped over his own feet or got unbalanced because he was tiring.

Yes he is a pretty confident runner but he just seemed to seize up after running so far, was almost like he pulled a hamstring or something but I think he just tripped over his own feet or got unbalanced because he was tiring.
Ryan Clark said it was from him not believing he can run that fast and preparing for a hit that never came. Like 10-20 yards before his legs starting getting shaky and his upper body was leaned forward. The NFC East is just open season.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS