• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 477 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Seattle is down two starting cornerbacks today and a good portion of the team's lineup is a game day confirmation. If they play half as bad as they did against Buffalo it will be very tough to watch.
Ya. Guar·an·effing·teed will be hard to watch, for more reasons than the starting DBs (today's injury report showing Griffin out, & Dunbar questionable) and other game day decisions. First, starting center Pocic is out with a concussion, and former backup center BJ Finney was sent to the Jets as part of the Adams trade. So 2nd year backup center Kyle Fuller may get the start depending on the status of LG Mike Iupati. Iupati was in full practice Friday, limited on Thursday and so might be able to play Sunday, which could allow his backup at LG (Jordan Simmons) to slide over to Center. IF THAT can't happen then Fuller, who Seattle signed to their practice squad on 9/2/2019, likely gets the start at Center. It could end up being another really long, hard day for Russ. Secondly, and this is just my opinion, Seattle defense will not get it done if Ken Norton remains their DC. When Norton was fired from his DC job in the middle of the 2017 season by Raider HC Jack Del Rio, guess what his defense was noted for? No pass defense, and poor at pressuring QBs (ranked last in the league in QB sacks). Sound familiar?
At the time of Norton's firing in Nov 2017 by Del Rio, SI wrote this:
The Raiders defense has zero interceptions on the season and are tied for last with the Giants with just 14 sacks. Opponents have been particularly successful in the air, as Oakland is at the bottom of the league in opponent completion percentage and passer rating. Opposing quarterbacks have averaged a 113.3 passer rating against the Raiders.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/21/raiders-fire-ken-norton-news-updates

Norton's showing he's like the leopard who can't change his spots.

I will watch every Dallas Cowboys game available to me. I don't even know what string quarterback this guy is but he throws the ball like it a Nerf football with a velocity and zip that I can't remember seeing for a long time.
Philip Rivers knows how to play the game, he is playing good enough for me to keep watching.
Brady has a touch, if people can run the routes the ball is there when they turn around.
Herbert, is looking good as a rookie for the Chargers.everyone else on the team looks like a veteran Charger.
Raiders have a cool stadium.
Wilson is going to get hurt in the current Seahawk structure. He is getting hurried and sacked and more destructive, he is finding himself running in the open field matched up with linebackers and defensive backs, one or a couple mis-timed slides and he is out. I was kind of hoping that any wildcat BS was over. Remembering how RG3 and others like Kordell Stewart took open field hits ruining or at least shortening their careers.
Now that I say that some of the most exciting football last week was New Orleans playing wildcat football,replacing grandpa Drew Brees and installing Taysom Hill, the guy basically did it all..including catching the ball. Defensive coordinators getting it right is harder when a team has 2 quarterbacks and one is played as expendable by the coaching staff..Hill actually looked to enjoy smashing into people, were Drew looks like someone opens and closes doors for him to avoid injury.
Don't know week to week kicking stats but I thought I saw more blocked,deflected and missed kicks than other weeks, I welcome the trend and enjoy watching defensive players scoring points.
Chiefs are getting a trophy

CMC is still out last I checked. If so that's a big breaker for the Panthers but last week TB defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.
Looking at that injury report the Hawks look banged up as well. It seems that few teams have escaped the injury problems this season, some like the 49ers and Eagles were decimated from the start but plenty of others have major problems as well.

Good win for the Bucs, Saints get it done in the second half with some awful mistakes from the 49ers to help them. Hard to believe the Texans made the playoffs last year. Hawks down to the Rams again, good win for the Cardinals. Looks like the NFC West battle is going to be very close, not that unexpected with such a tough division. The Hawks are stuttering while the Niners can think about next season, and the Steelers win again.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Offensively Bucs can work on those fumbles and dropping wide open passes. You can't argue with every possession but 2 being scores, turnover and end of game. Brady played well but had 3 bad throws, two of which that could have been touchdowns. One to Evans in the endzone when Evans was open coming off the break but Brady was looking at Gronks one on one so half a second late though Evans should have continued his route instead of trying to get a penalty even though he was more at fault for PI. Second to an open Gronk after a spin move in the pocket but he overthrew him. Third he almost had another pick and potentially pick 6 on an out route pass way inside to Brown if the defender was in a better position. Their defense I think needs to get a little more creative, they live and die by the blitz pressure and when there is no pressure, they get eaten up. Special teams alright besides that big return.

Bills v Cardinals game was crazy and down to the wire. DHOP showing why Texans should have kept him. Miami is breathing down the Bills neck. Texans were a lot better last year and a lot of people giving them flak for a fake field goal into punt but they were kicking 48 yards into 25 mph wind. They need a lot of things and stinks for Watson. Packers looked like they were going to be caught sleeping but pulled through. New Orleans with a good win but rib injury to Brees plus his shoulder injury. I would honestly consider resting him more if games are in hand and using their multi qb packages more. Looking like a game between Ravens and Patriots with Meyers having a big throw td on a trick play to Burkhead. Rain will play a big part with it 23-17 Patriots.

To many players are getting injured each week and I feel like it's at a higher amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
Offensively Bucs can work on those fumbles and dropping wide open passes. You can't argue with every possession but 2 being scores, turnover and end of game. Brady played well but had 3 bad throws, two of which that could have been touchdowns. One to Evans in the endzone when Evans was open coming off the break but Brady was looking at Gronks one on one so half a second late though Evans should have continued his route instead of trying to get a penalty even though he was more at fault for PI. Second to an open Gronk after a spin move in the pocket but he overthrew him. Third he almost had another pick and potentially pick 6 on an out route pass way inside to Brown if the defender was in a better position. Their defense I think needs to get a little more creative, they live and die by the blitz pressure and when there is no pressure, they get eaten up. Special teams alright besides that big return.

Bills v Cardinals game was crazy and down to the wire. DHOP showing why Texans should have kept him. Miami is breathing down the Bills neck. Texans were a lot better last year and a lot of people giving them flak for a fake field goal into punt but they were kicking 48 yards into 25 mph wind. They need a lot of things and stinks for Watson. Packers looked like they were going to be caught sleeping but pulled through. New Orleans with a good win but rib injury to Brees plus his shoulder injury. I would honestly consider resting him more if games are in hand and using their multi qb packages more. Looking like a game between Ravens and Patriots with Meyers having a big throw td on a trick play to Burkhead. Rain will play a big part with it 23-17 Patriots.

To many players are getting injured each week and I feel like it's at a higher amount.
Ravens not looking like the same team as last season. Good win for the Patriots

Ravens not looking like the same team as last season. Good win for the Patriots
No, they've had some bad loses. People keep saying that the Ravens are figured out and maybe that's the truth.
Patriots look to be going for the playoffs attempt but I think they need the division. Problem is Bills and Dolphins performing well.
NFCE continues to be lethargic, I'm hoping Smith can lead WFT to the promise land.

Good win for the Bucs, Saints get it done in the second half with some awful mistakes from the 49ers to help them. Hard to believe the Texans made the playoffs last year. Hawks down to the Rams again, good win for the Cardinals. Looks like the NFC West battle is going to be very close, not that unexpected with such a tough division. The Hawks are stuttering while the Niners can think about next season, and the Steelers win again.
NFC West is now working on who has the healthy team. Seahawks lost their center, LG Iupati, had new running backs which left Russell no time to pick up downfield receivers. The defense was a sieve like the previous week, then started to respond just as the offense imploded. Jamal Adams is playing hurt....they are in 49er territory.

NFC West is now working on who has the healthy team. Seahawks lost their center, LG Iupati, had new running backs which left Russell no time to pick up downfield receivers. The defense was a sieve like the previous week, then started to respond just as the offense imploded. Jamal Adams is playing hurt....they are in 49er territory.
Don't see how the Hawks can beat the Cardinals next game. Cardinals have momentum and are much healthier although Chandler Jones was a big loss for the season. Important game for both teams and all three teams still have to play the 49ers which will also be getting some players back like Deebo Samuel, Mostert and maybe Sherman and a few others. Bye week could not have come at a better time for the 49ers but they have to win every game to make 10 wins for the season now which is unlikely. They showed flashes against the Saints but turnovers cost them.

The division will probably be decided on the final weekend of the season. Toughest division means six tough divisional games for each team which makes the number one seed in the NFC hard to reach. 49ers only managed it last year by beating the Hawks in their final game. Saints have lost Brees, not sure what the Bucs schedule is like or the Packers but they probably have a better shot at the number one seed now as opposed to the NFC West teams.

Reactions: jmdirt
Packers is at Colts, Bears, Eagles, at Lions, Panthers, Titans, and at Bears.

Bucs is Rams, Chiefs, Vikings, at Falcons, at Lions, and Falcons.

Packers I think can finish 12-4 to 14-2. The only loses I can potentially see happen is at Colts, Panthers, Titans, and at Bears depending on the rushing attack.
Bucs I can see going 11-5 to 13-3. In order to win out they need to get their crap together because them killing themselves against the Bears and not showing up against the Saints is hurting them. Loses I see are to the Rams and Chiefs. I'm hoping for a high scoring game against Chiefs.

If a NFCW team finishes with the same record they could gain the one seed while Saints have a chance with only tough game being against Chiefs. They have the tiebreaker against the Bucs but not Packers. They depend on how well Winston does and if Brees can show form when he returns. Tough for him, especially when there was rumors he would retire before the season or after.

Though Bucs might not have Brown for long as he made more trouble before signing with TB. Maybe this is why Brady is having him live with him.

Last edited:
Packers is at Colts, Bears, Eagles, at Lions, Panthers, Titans, and at Bears.

Bucs is Rams, Chiefs, Vikings, at Falcons, at Lions, and Falcons.

Packers I think can finish 12-4 to 14-2. The only loses I can potentially see happen is at Colts, Panthers, Titans, and at Bears depending on the rushing attack.
Bucs I can see going 11-5 to 13-3. In order to win out they need to get their crap together because them killing themselves against the Bears and not showing up against the Saints is hurting them. Loses I see are to the Rams and Chiefs. I'm hoping for a high scoring game against Chiefs.

If a NFCW team finishes with the same record they could gain the one seed while Saints have a chance with only tough game being against Chiefs. They have the tiebreaker against the Bucs but not Packers. They depend on how well Winston does and if Brees can show form when he returns. Tough for him, especially when there was rumors he would retire before the season or after.

Though Bucs might not have Brown for long as he made more trouble before signing with TB. Maybe this is why Brady is having him live with him.
Brown can't help himself. Brady must realize that by now.

Yes the Saints still have a chance but the Packers maybe a bit more. Bucs have the tougher run.This injury might be the end of the road for Brees career wise even though he may not be out for that long. He must be thinking about it. No QB one wants to end up like Andrew Luck.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Don't see how the Hawks can beat the Cardinals next game. Cardinals have momentum and are much healthier although Chandler Jones was a big loss for the season. Important game for both teams and all three teams still have to play the 49ers which will also be getting some players back like Deebo Samuel, Mostert and maybe Sherman and a few others. Bye week could not have come at a better time for the 49ers but they have to win every game to make 10 wins for the season now which is unlikely. They showed flashes against the Saints but turnovers cost them.

The division will probably be decided on the final weekend of the season. Toughest division means six tough divisional games for each team which makes the number one seed in the NFC hard to reach. 49ers only managed it last year by beating the Hawks in their final game. Saints have lost Brees, not sure what the Bucs schedule is like or the Packers but they probably have a better shot at the number one seed now as opposed to the NFC West teams.
I'd agree unless they learned something watching the Cardinals and some recovery miracles happen. The overall NFC picture does get crazier and every game counts. (NFL TV execs have to be creaming their pampers).

I'd agree unless they learned something watching the Cardinals and some recovery miracles happen. The overall NFC picture does get crazier and every game counts. (NFL TV execs have to be creaming their pampers).
Oh wait...Seattle and SF have the largest amount of players on IR; 29 and 27. And Seattle plays Thursday night against the current hottest division rival. Dayummmmm.

• Wow
Reactions: SHAD0W93
Oh wait...Seattle and SF have the largest amount of players on IR; 29 and 27. And Seattle plays Thursday night against the current hottest division rival. Dayummmmm.
Something the talking heads have forgotten about Seattle. All they want to talk about is Russell's performance and how bad the defense is ! I still think the Niners can make pests of themselves in the remaining games if Mullens the back up QB shows up. Have seen him play much better than this but the turnovers are killing them, They led the Saints 10-0 then collapsed with silly mistakes. I still have some doubts about the Saints going deep into the playoffs with or without Brees.

Something the talking heads have forgotten about Seattle. All they want to talk about is Russell's performance and how bad the defense is ! I still think the Niners can make pests of themselves in the remaining games if Mullens the back up QB shows up. Have seen him play much better than this but the turnovers are killing them, They led the Saints 10-0 then collapsed with silly mistakes. I still have some doubts about the Saints going deep into the playoffs with or without Brees.
Interestingly enough, the usual sportscasters aren't saying much of anything about Seattle or the NFC West. They are all jazzed about the NYJ and Cleveland. It's been a wild season so far except for Pittsburgh. Those folks have to be feeling comfortable.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS