• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 478 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good win for SEA! When they opened with a sack of Rus I was worried. The O-line is still bad, partly due to injuries, but partly because that is their M.O.
Most of Seattle's offensive miscues could be chalked up to a totally new center. They now have a long stretch to recover for a Monday night game against the Iggles. Say what you will about the season to date but Philly should see almost all of Seattle's IR players and they'll be well rested. Hopefully they'll want to make up for lost time. Then they play: Giants, Jets, Washington and the Chargers before SF. Depending on other Division leaders and their own health they could emerge with the best NFC record.

Reactions: jmdirt
Looking at the schedules that was an important win. They have the advantage now in the NFC West but will still have a fight to win top seed in the NFC. The Rams and 49er games will be crucial.
My mistake on the schedule....that stupid new Rams logo threw me off. Seattle only needs to win one more game than either LA or SF and their schedule looks like that's possible if they continue healing up. They play the Rams in Seattle which doesn't really mean much this year for home advantage and finish in SF.
Rams have Brady, SF, Arizona (twice) and some AFC hopefuls. SF has Rams, Buffalo, Wash, Dallas, Arizona then Seattle. Seattle could lose to both of them, win the rest and still be NFC West champ. Arizona could lose to Tampa Bay, beat SF twice and everyone else and be on top. SF can't afford to lose for NFC West lead. They all can make the playoffs, I think. Then they get to beat each other up again.

My mistake on the schedule....that stupid new Rams logo threw me off. Seattle only needs to win one more game than either LA or SF and their schedule looks like that's possible if they continue healing up. They play the Rams in Seattle which doesn't really mean much this year for home advantage and finish in SF.
Rams have Brady, SF, Arizona (twice) and some AFC hopefuls. SF has Rams, Buffalo, Wash, Dallas, Arizona then Seattle. Seattle could lose to both of them, win the rest and still be NFC West champ. Arizona could lose to Tampa Bay, beat SF twice and everyone else and be on top. SF can't afford to lose for NFC West lead. They all can make the playoffs, I think. Then they get to beat each other up again.
A loss for the 49ers to the Rams will finish them off but they seem to have the wood on the Rams lately winning their last three against them. Both teams know how important that game is on Sunday week. A Niners loss would then mean they have to win every remaining game to make nine wins which won't be enough for a wildcard probably. The Vikings had an awful start to the season but have come good and have a favourable schedule, they probably should have beaten the Hawks as well but couldn't finish it off. The Niners would need favourable results elsewhere to progress even if they make a late run. That 49ers schedule looks tough enough for a healthy team let alone the current one...........all of those teams have plenty to play for even the Cowboys who can still make it from their weak division.

Buc/Rams, Colts/GB and Raiders/Chiefs look to be the pick of the games this week. Raiders will be hoping to do another lap around the stadium in their bus ! Should be three close games. Rams offense has looked better lately and it will need to be. Colts defense might get the job done and the Chiefs might make a few too many big plays for the Raiders but a Raiders win would make things interesting..........

The Colts trying to throw this game away. They have had so many penalties on this game sealing drive.
Have to watch the highlights of that one. Cowboys will take the win but the Vikings will be very unhappy with their final quarter. Thought they had that game under control as they were running all over the Cowboys. After their slow start to the season they had to keep winning and that game could cost them re the playoffs.

NFC Least is going to be a dog fight. All teams on three wins at the moment. That draw could come in handy for the Eagles but they have the hardest run into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Despite their many penalties, dumb decisions, and Packers receiving first in OT the Colts end the day with a win. It was pretty until it got extremely ugly with 3 minutes to go. They literally could have had a 1st and 55 or 60, which the Packers might have wanted to take to see if they keep committing penalties and get a safety.
Wasn't zoned for any other game I was interested in. Feel extremely bad for Burrow. What's the record going to be to win the NFCE? Hill looked like he could do whatever he wanted, Falcons had no idea how to gameplan for him.

Despite their many penalties, dumb decisions, and Packers receiving first in OT the Colts end the day with a win. It was pretty until it got extremely ugly with 3 minutes to go. They literally could have had a 1st and 55 or 60, which the Packers might have wanted to take to see if they keep committing penalties and get a safety.
Wasn't zoned for any other game I was interested in. Feel extremely bad for Burrow. What's the record going to be to win the NFCE? Hill looked like he could do whatever he wanted, Falcons had no idea how to gameplan for him.
Saints are lucky to have Hill. 7 wins will get it done in the NFC Least maybe even 6. Packers are a regular season team and the Ravens might not even be that this year. Vikings missed an opportunity with their schedule letting that game slip. The playoffs this year look to be even more open than last year unless some team now goes on a long run up to the playoffs. Haven't seen the Steelers play much but some people think their record is a flattering one. GB won 13 games last season and I never thought they could win the SB or even make it to the SB. Titans could be interesting later on and the NFC is up for grabs. What happens from now on in the NFC West should give a better indication of the playoffs and the contenders. I still think the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC but the Raiders have game planned well for them so far this season.

Untimely losses for the Patriots, Dolphins and Ravens. The latter seem a shadow of the team from last season. Not sure what happened to Green Bay at half time but the Colts came back hard. Cowboys and Vikings fighting out a close one. Some terrible defense from both teams.

Burrow gone for the season with an ACL tear.
I was watching the GB v IND game and I didn't think that it was worth watching anymore so I went out and raked leaves...I was a little surprised when I came in and it was overtime!

KC v LV was a pretty entertaining game! I want SEA to trade their O-line for one of these O-lines! Rus could really cook then! :)

I agree, BAL doesn't look like they did last year. The disclaimer here though for me is that I haven't paid close attention to them this year (this was the first time that I've gotten to watch (part of) a game of theirs this year) so maybe injuries, C19, etc have affected them.

I feel bad for Joe!

I was watching the GB v IND game and I didn't think that it was worth watching anymore so I went out and raked leaves...I was a little surprised when I came in and it was overtime!

KC v LV was a pretty entertaining game! I want SEA to trade their O-line for one of these O-lines! Rus could really cook then! :)

I agree, BAL doesn't look like they did last year. The disclaimer here though for me is that I haven't paid close attention to them this year (this was the first time that I've gotten to watch (part of) a game of theirs this year) so maybe injuries, C19, etc have affected them.

I feel bad for Joe!
Coaches seem to have figured out the Ravens offense and it's pretty predictable anyway. I think the Raiders will be a better team next year but they are having some success against the Chiefs.

Have not seen much of the Bengals but I heard that Burrow was getting hit regularly. It seems his injury could be MCL and ACL !

Hawks have a chance at top seed but it's going to be hard, unlike the AFC the NFC is more open. Hawks may just miss the top seed depending on if GB and the Saints can keep winning. Chiefs and Steelers keep winning but I think the Titans will be a team to watch later on. If the Rams can't beat the Niners next week it will be four losses in a row to the 49ers. I still think their offense is shaky and they have trouble scoring points sometimes especially when Goff is off his game. Goff's consistency has deserted him since their SB year. Not sure why but he always has flat patches in games where he can look awful, reminds me a little of the way Foles plays sometimes. In the NFC West I think Goff is the third best QB. I fear for Murray though if he keeps getting sacked by players twice his size ! His shoulder concerns seem to have affected him in the Hawks game.

Reactions: jmdirt
It was a good win for the Rams and the Bucs keep wilting in the spotlight. Must win against the Chiefs but most likely finish 11-5.
Can't see the Chiefs losing that one and the Rams should be motivated to tread on the 49ers. Must win for the 49ers but that ship has probably sailed anyway........... really it's a game that the Rams should win with the 49ers continual problems on both sides of the ball. 49ers might have Mostert, Samuel and Sherman back for the game but Mullens will have to step up to give them any hope.

Baltimore will need to finish strong to make the playoffs. I could see scenarios where a 10-6 team does not make the WC in the AFC.
They never looked completely in sync this year but I watched the game vs Pittsburgh and they really looked like the better team, although they lost.

TRENDING THREADS