• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 479 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Best match ups this week look like : Bucs/Chiefs, Niners/Rams, Ravens/Steelers and Colts/Titans. I think the Chiefs will get the job done, The Bucs haven't impressed me lately. Niners and Rams will be closer than expected. Niners are getting some offense back but their O line could be the big issue with player availability. The last time they played, the Niners O line was very good. The Rams squeaked by an out of sorts Bucs team but both Mullens and Goff have a habit of being loose with the ball. Turnovers might decide it. Steelers should be too good for the Ravens and the Titans will need Henry to have a good game to get past the Colts.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
DEN has ZERO QBs for tomorrow...Von Miller said he is playing QB!
Reportedly, the Denver "QB" will be a RB (i.e. running the wildcat) and/or a WR from the practice squad who started out as a QB in college before switching positions. It's going to be quite some explanation as to why this game goes ahead but the Ravens game is postponed twice (so far), including once out of a primetime national TV slot

• Wow
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
I know that I don't make as much money as those genius football coaches, but probably not the best management strategy to have all your qbs hanging around each other without masks on in the middle of an escalating pandemic. Without byes to facilitate postponements, the scheduling is really getting farcical. The ravens don't have a team to play a game Tuesday. They have 20 guys on their covid list. 7 days in a row with at least one new positive.

Castman

BANNED
Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
So the explanation is actually simple as it turns out: the NFL had a "photographic evidence" of all of the DEN QBs (and maybe a coach or two) hanging out together with no masks.
I live in CO and am a life long Broncos fan. I think the NFL did the right thing. If I am going to complain about someone at the grocery store not complying with the state wide mandate, these guys shouldn't get a pass. My two cents anyhow.

So the explanation is actually simple as it turns out: the NFL had a "photographic evidence" of all of the DEN QBs (and maybe a coach or two) hanging out together with no masks.
The covid rules and protocols are clear and strict. I doubt many people would disagree that Denver should be punished. Trouble is playing the game in these circumstances doesn't really punish Denver at all because their playoff hopes disappeared months ago. Who it actually punishes are NFC teams competing for playoff spots with the Saints - in particular Tampa Bay. Plus anyone who is paying to watch it I suppose.

Meanwhile the Ravens have a large number of players actually test +ve - not just near someone +ve. Either they've not followed the protocols or the protocols have little effect

Reactions: jmdirt
Bucs are being eaten alive on defense. Hill might shatter the yards record in a game. Romo had some good assessments on Bucs offense being stagnant in they don't motion or change their gameplan, they just think it'll work. Teams undisciplined and they need the bye week for everyone to look in the mirror. They about to get destroyed.

Even with their butts kicked had a chance to be down 4 without the interceptions. And could be up right now but the Chiefs offense should get points.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Didn't expect the Chiefs game to be so close. Titans thumped the Colts and the Falcons nuked the Raiders. GB are having their way with the Bears. Cards losing to the Patriots surprised me.

The Niners led the Rams 17-3 and were dominating then the inevitable sloppy play intruded once again but this time with some of their best players. Rams defense adjusted in the second half and started stopping the Niners run game. As mediocre as Mullens was at QB, Goff was even worse, as expected both teams had turnover issues but the Niners got good field position late for Gould to make the kick after Mullens finally connected with a few decent throws. Deebo Samuel showed once again how important he is to the Niners offense as did Mostert even with a costly turnover against his name. Cards and Rams losing was a bonus for the Hawks and the Niners are still hanging around but now have to beat the Bills next week.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Didn't expect the Chiefs game to be so close. Titans thumped the Colts and the Falcons nuked the Raiders. GB are having their way with the Bears. Cards losing to the Patriots surprised me.

The Niners led the Rams 17-3 and were dominating then the inevitable sloppy play intruded once again but this time with some of their best players. Rams defense adjusted in the second half and started stopping the Niners run game. As mediocre as Mullens was at QB, Goff was even worse, as expected both teams had turnover issues but the Niners got good field position late for Gould to make the kick after Mullens finally connected with a few decent throws. Deebo Samuel showed once again how important he is to the Niners offense as did Mostert even with a costly turnover against his name. Cards and Rams losing was a bonus for the Hawks and the Niners are still hanging around but now have to beat the Bills next week.

I feel like the Chief's offense let up more than the Buc's defense started figuring them out. It was bad all around the first half.

TRENDING THREADS