• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 505 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No vaccine last year and they were trying to figure out how to play in the middle of a pandemic. SEC is doing the same thing this year. If you can't field a team you forfeit the game. With harsher punishment I’m sure cases for teams would have been down.
But you also had players and staff breaking the bubble by going out and partying. They had rules and that’s on them. Im sure if punishments were harder cases would have been less. Look at Australia, they had almost no increase from very hard punishments with fines and jail time. Not saying that NFL should have went that far but fines could have been higher, especially with the Titans having almost their whole facility get hit.

It took 7 months for me to get it working in a hospital and I only got it from a coworker coming to work having it and giving it to a bunch of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
But you also had players and staff breaking the bubble by going out and partying. They had rules and that’s on them. Im sure if punishments were harder cases would have been less. Look at Australia, they had almost no increase from very hard punishments with fines and jail time. Not saying that NFL should have went that far but fines could have been higher, especially with the Titans having almost their whole facility get hit.

It took 7 months for me to get it working in a hospital and I only got it from a coworker coming to work having it and giving it to a bunch of people.

There were some big fines for teams breaking protocols last year as well.

I'd think forfeiting games would be a good incentive to do what you can to not get it.

There were some big fines for teams breaking protocols last year as well.

I'd think forfeiting games would be a good incentive to do what you can to not get it.
Not having to pay this much “The team that suffered the outbreak would be responsible for any shortfall in the league's revenue-sharing pool”. That’s a lot of money from adds, tickets, and convenience sales.

Players coming out against the vaccine is no different than other people (except pro players have team doctors to consult with). Being a football player doesn't make them epidemiologists and/or vaccine experts.

What are their reasons? "Vaccine too new" "Don't know if its safe." How much data do they need? I want them to be specific. "I need 500,000,000 data sample, 90% safety rate, and 12 months to be sure that it is safe."

Last edited:
Forfeiting games AND the game checks!

I do think that is harsh for the team that isn't the reason for the game not being played. It's not their fault the game was cancelled.

Players coming out against the vaccine is no different than other people (except pro players have team doctors to consult with). Being a football player doesn't make them epidemiologists and/or vaccine experts.

What are their reasons? "Vaccine too new" "Don't know if its safe." How much data do they need? I want them to be specific. "I need 500,000,000 data sample, 90% safety rate, and 12 months to be sure that it is safe."

Or if they want it to be fully approved, say it. I agree, I want more info on why they aren't getting vaccinated.

I'm really hoping Pfizer gets their full approval soon as they have sent in the paperwork for full approval.

No vaccine?
Like I said, it could have been used as a deter for those that still went out and partied which the NFL said not to do.
I do think that is harsh for the team that isn't the reason for the game not being played. It's not their fault the game was cancelled.

Or if they want it to be fully approved, say it. I agree, I want more info on why they aren't getting vaccinated.

I'm really hoping Pfizer gets their full approval soon as they have sent in the paperwork for full approval.
This, opposing team should still get their pay.

More info is always good.

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin

You would think that actually catching the Delta version of the virus could have more impact on his career at least in the short term and no one can tell in advance whether they will be saddled with long Covid symptoms in the future...........and as an African American the risk factors increase............Delta has also been shown to be the least age predictable of the variants with many young people having to be admitted to hospital.

Though I have had almost all of my professors say that the fast track to Covid vaccine has also helped and opened new ways with finding a HIV vaccine.

I honestly haven’t gone back into that thread or looked at in since I posted I had it in there.
I only have a few more minutes here so I don't have time for the full explanation, but basically most development takes years because of the start, stop, find funding, funding, start, stop, find funding... cycle. Obviously with SARS-CoV-2 that cycle was avoided, plus using mRNA which also saved time.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS