• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 506 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here's the $64,000 dollar question: Has TB taken the vaccine? According to this report, he won't say and all remains quiet:

Personally, I would be surprised if he did considering he's a health food fanatic and takes up to 45 supplements a day including D3. And jmdirt - you thought I was a fanatic. Lol.

Here's the $64,000 dollar question: Has TB taken the vaccine? According to this report, he won't say and all remains quiet:

Personally, I would be surprised if he did considering he's a health food fanatic and takes up to 45 supplements a day including D3. And jmdirt - you thought I was a fanatic. Lol.

His personal trainer probably got him a TB12 vaccine.

Reactions: jmdirt
Many ,many pro football players( other sports) have contract stipulations about snow skiing,skateboarding,horse riding, surfing, playing basketball, race car driving..the variations are endless. If you are a team and an insurance underwriter..you would probably almost surely consider getting put on the DL..or missing games,or the season for something that could have been 90% prevented as the responsibility of the athlete not the organization..
A friend of mine years back was working on a movie, were one of the stars got injured in a fall..off set..it happened during or before a big action sequence was to be filmed at it cost @$8 million bucks..I am sure some insurance company wants their money..
think of an away game, post season,playoff important,and your actions get the game cancelled..not to mention..what will the TV stations play when a game is Covid cancelled? Heidi? Rudy? We are Marshall? Longest Yard? Replacements?

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93

It looks like the Bucs are going to make unvaccinated players wear a bracelet. Don't like it? Sit out and get fined, another player will take your place. Or you could always request a trade. The Jets and Lions could use a few good players...

If Brady, or anyone else for that matter, thinks they are immune from Covid because they take supplements they must not believe in medical science, or only get their information from conspiracy theory feeds of claptrap nonsense, and would be equally "wise" to refuse medical treatment when they get sick from it. Being consistent and all.

The late, great, Jack Lalanne took about 60 pills a day. He also said this was what he found worked for him after years, and for most people a robust multi-vitamin from a reputable brand, along with a healthy diet, would do the trick.

View: https://youtu.be/J9JNpJGpHn8
Maybe now we will finally get good callings on the field.
I've posted about similar before. While Pat is right to celebrate this, it is only one step.

Think about this my friends: It's incredible that some 40+ years after instant replay, we at home almost always can tell if a call is correct or not long before they determine it, while officials take forever, talk to each other, the referee runs off the field, looks under a hood at basically what we're seeing, then runs back out....meanwhile, we're all asleep, and the game is routinely, and rightly, criticized for these delays and becoming boring at times.

And this system will be better because they can now choose different angles? That's it? What the NFL really needs is to have a centralized booth of several officials watching all angles every play on every camera. Then, when the request is made for a review, these guys can very quickly determine if the call is good or bad, and use their radio to inform the referee on the field, who doesn't need to leave the field and look at anything. This could likely happen within 30 seconds on most plays, maybe a minute on tough ones. In fact, a rule should be made if the call can't be overturned in 1 minute, it stands.

Ideally some of these review referees would be in a rotational pool, spending 1-2 games a week in the IR booth, with the rest of their games out on the field. This would really give field referees perspective.

I've posted about similar before. While Pat is right to celebrate this, it is only one step.

Think about this my friends: It's incredible that some 40+ years after instant replay, we at home almost always can tell if a call is correct or not long before they determine it, while officials take forever, talk to each other, the referee runs off the field, looks under a hood at basically what we're seeing, then runs back out....meanwhile, we're all asleep, and the game is routinely, and rightly, criticized for these delays and becoming boring at times.

And this system will be better because they can now choose different angles? That's it? What the NFL really needs is to have a centralized booth of several officials watching all angles every play on every camera. Then, when the request is made for a review, these guys can very quickly determine if the call is good or bad, and use their radio to inform the referee on the field, who doesn't need to leave the field and look at anything. This could likely happen within 30 seconds on most plays, maybe a minute on tough ones. In fact, a rule should be made if the call can't be overturned in 1 minute, it stands.

Ideally some of these review referees would be in a rotational pool, spending 1-2 games a week in the IR booth, with the rest of their games out on the field. This would really give field referees perspective.
I still think they should have a ref in the booth that can see everything we can with the addition of these new views. I think even more stunning was that the refs don’t see all of the views but are instead shown ones picked by the network.

Have them explain why they reached that decision as well. I think that would help some people understand.

With Wentz likely out, Brett Hundley appears to be the Colts QB. A hot prospect out of UCLA, when playing in limited action in the NFL he hasn't shown much.

IF Aaron Rogers, and the Packers brass have really come to terms, and Randall Cobb can stay healthy, there's all the tools there for the Packers, who are a fairly young team with a promising defense, to make it to the promised land of a SB.

I'm 99% certain Tebow will make it to the final cut in Jax, and at least 50% likely he'll make the team, even if he rarely plays. Here's why:
  1. He puts butts in seats = $$$.
  2. He will divert attention, and some pressure, away from Lawrence.
  3. He has raw talent, and an insatiable desire to compete. Even without the skills and tools to play QB in the NFL, he managed to overachieve.
  4. He has a infectious positive attitude and influence on others around him, which can do wonders in a support role on a struggling team with young players.

With Wentz likely out, Brett Hundley appears to be the Colts QB. A hot prospect out of UCLA, when playing in limited action in the NFL he hasn't shown much.

IF Aaron Rogers, and the Packers brass have really come to terms, and Randall Cobb can stay healthy, there's all the tools there for the Packers, who are a fairly young team with a promising defense, to make it to the promised land of a SB.

I'm 99% certain Tebow will make it to the final cut in Jax, and at least 50% likely he'll make the team, even if he rarely plays. Here's why:
  1. He puts butts in seats = $$$.
  2. He will divert attention, and some pressure, away from Lawrence.
  3. He has raw talent, and an insatiable desire to compete. Even without the skills and tools to play QB in the NFL, he managed to overachieve.
  4. He has a infectious positive attitude and influence on others around him, which can do wonders in a support role on a struggling team with young players.
Tebow is getting the jags their first offensive touchdown of the year, guaranteed.

TRENDING THREADS