• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 510 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
By someone else. It's important that Seattle shut this down for their future in the NFC West. They aren't getting much respect at this point.
Like I said: Mr. Henry of the Titans could be the main pain the Seahawks would need to endure. They didn't.
That, and Seattle's Center couldn't snap the ball near the QB's hands for the last three drives. WTF! A good effort blown.

Reactions: jmdirt
Thought the Cardinals/Vikings was the game of the day. Don't know why Mahomes keeps trying to make a throw when he is being tackled. The percentage play of going to ground with the ball is something he seemingly doesn't like to do and its cost the Chiefs a few times now. Today it cost them a penalty and an intercept. I thought in the first half that the Hawks were going to run away with their game but a few bonehead plays cost them and Henry ran riot in the second half. 49ers ground out a win with some good defense. Miami got stomped. The Bucs offense looks good but some of those Falcons TDs looked a bit soft. But in the 4th quarter the Falcons imploded as they often do and the Bucs defense got back on track. Another good performance by Carr in the Raiders win.

Chargers gave the game away..
so early but it's looking like teams have issues with old men..injuries will happen, who will have a quality,qualified backup quarterback when the need arises?
I like Stafford's style..
Very few teams have a quality backup that could step in and keep the team competitive. And look at the teams with the high-octane quarterbacks (e.g. KC, Baltimore, Arizona, Buffalo, etc) that are just one major injury away from total disaster. Everytime Lamar Jackson runs the ball and is tackled hard, you wonder if that'll be the big one that ends his season. And who is the backup for the Ravens? Try Tyler Huntley.

Yesterday 4 starters were injured and did not return to the game. Dalton dodged a bullet suffering a bone bruise instead of an initially feared ACL tear. Wentz not only sprained one ankle but both in the same game - is this guy so injury prone he can't even finish games now? The #2 overall pick from 2016 is looking like an injury bust.

Last edited:
AB is on the Covid reserve list and needs 2 negatives, 24 hours apart to play against Rams.

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/.amp/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-antonio-brown-covid19-list

That could be a big blow if he doesn’t play as with him, Godwin, Evans, and Gronk on the field at the same time you are picking your poison on who you want to focus on with the threat of being ran on as all 4 are good blockers. I think Gronk/TEs and RBs are going to be more used as a blockers more to help the line. They can honesty lose to the Rams looking towards the Pats but offense should be playing well. I more wonder if they can reach 30 points again to keep that train rolling.

I absolutely love the way Lamar Jackson throws the football..he has something inside him..it's the Fred Couples fluidity gene..a motion of smooth..of a kid throwing the ball to another kid.
I look around and I always thought that the RGlll and Cordel Stewart thing was wrong..I know it's a crazy choice made by management and coaching staff to have plays..designed plays were your quarterback runs the ball..I was semi freaked out when Drew Brees was on the mend and New Orleans had a wildcat thing..kind of an old school flanker -QB combo were your QB runs between the tackles..but even more scary goes outside to take on linebackers and defensive back field in the open field w everyone running full NFL speed in opposite directions!!
I hope guys like Justin Fields is being coached by the strongest of hands..and I hope that all these new quarterbacks are getting fined for not sliding..
I would be super duper curious about defensive players 40 times from 1960's, 70s and 80's compared to 2021..same w strength coaching stats..like what a average defensive end in 1980 could bench or squat -leg press to current players..
As a tiny kid..I remember even old Fran Tarkington was running around as his line died..and Doug Flute was also trying to save his own life scrambling..
I really really don't have any idea of who has the best team this year..

Matt Rhule appears to have given the Panthers an identity: defense has looked great for 3 weeks in a row (they picked a gazillion defensive players in the last couple of drafts), offense is catering to Darnold strength and the QB himself is making very few mistakes for the first time in his career. CMC's injury is obviously a big blow and Jaycee Horn had health issues too, but at 3-0 this is a team to watch.

Matt Rhule appears to have given the Panthers an identity: defense has looked great for 3 weeks in a row (they picked a gazillion defensive players in the last couple of drafts), offense is catering to Darnold strength and the QB himself is making very few mistakes for the first time in his career. CMC's injury is obviously a big blow and Jaycee Horn had health issues too, but at 3-0 this is a team to watch.
Panthers are paying for over using CMC in the past few seasons. He can't stay on the field anymore. Darnold is looking good. Not a bad debut for the young QB for the Texans but that Texans secondary was easy pickings for Darnold.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Chargers win a big win. Chiefs lucky Browns crumbled or could be 0-3.
Baltimore coming back and Tucker getting the new record.
MIA vs LV close with MIA up 2 but Raiders looking like they’ll come back.
LA beating TB 14-7 with their defense coming to play. Stafford has missed Jackson twice deep but he had pressure in his face. Injuries piling up on TB’s CBs. LA gets away with a blatant pick play for their second touchdown then the next play TB gets called for one that had no bearing on the play. I will say first time I think I’ve seen the fumble inside the 2 minute rule that the player who fumbled has to advance it. Donald got pressure but Brady was throwing it with arm going forward and Bernard caught the ball as it never touched the ground but it’s a fumble.
Jackson finally gets the big td!! TB might be the most penalized team after this game. Gronk might have some broken ribs. Who would have thought after 3 games, Godwin and Brady would be the only rushing touchdowns.
Buf with a big win.
NO back on their feet beating NE.
SEA vs MIN 17-21 looking good with Kirk playing a down with only 1 shoe! Would be a huge win if Min pulls it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
Good win for the Rams. They were better on all sides. Injuries mounted up on the Bucs. Only chance they had to make it closer and keep up was getting the int in the first qt, Brady hitting Gronk deep on third, and the end of half field goal. I think Rams will win the division with how complete their team is. Belicheck is going to try his hardest to keep Brady below 68 yards.

Raiders loving to be in these crazy games.

SEA! I'm not even sure what to type. Sloppy, unmotivated play all around gets them another L. Play calling?

SF shows that playing prevent defense, prevents them from winning.
49ers already missing Saleh. Their secondary stinks and Rodgers exploited it from the first drive and now they have more injuries. Jimmy G had a terrible first half but the so called weak defense and o line for GB looked pretty good to me and it helped that the 49ers starting RB is currently probably their fourth or fifth best. They had no run game at all in the first half. And Rodgers was left with way too much time on the clock at the end while the Niners had no more time outs. Crosby was never going to miss the kick. The Hawks/Niners game next week will probably turn into something bizarre based on today's games ! And the 49ers have a horror stretch of games coming up : Hawks, Cardinals, Colts and Rams.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
Good win for the Rams. They were better on all sides. Injuries mounted up on the Bucs. Only chance they had to make it closer and keep up was getting the int in the first qt, Brady hitting Gronk deep on third, and the end of half field goal. I think Rams will win the division with how complete their team is. Belicheck is going to try his hardest to keep Brady below 68 yards.

Raiders loving to be in these crazy games.
Had a feeling that the Rams were going to win that one. More surprised by the Chiefs loss than the Hawks

Had a feeling that the Rams were going to win that one. More surprised by the Chiefs loss than the Hawks
Always was going to be a tough one with how the defense was playing then add AB and JPP being out. Even if the two were there they most likely would have still lost but a closer game. Defense had like 3 drives that were good. Offense can only be upset about the Brady miss to Gronk deep with a defender in his face and the fumble fiasco at the end of the half. Rams defense was all over Brady and they came in with the game plan to go short 80% of the time.

I think people are sleeping on the Rams. With Jackson and Stafford becoming more insynch, that combo will be scary with the addition of Kupp and Woods in addition to their defense being elite.

Tucker 66 yard field goal!
LAR 3-0.
AZ 3-0.
DEN 3-0.
CAR 3-0.
LVR 3-0.
That's probably a deceiving record playing such lousy teams (NY Giants, Jacksonville, NY Jets/0-9 combined record). The Jets looked pathetic on both sides of the ball. Wilson looked terrible and I don't think he's ready - he needs to sit a year. He looked downright scared and under/over through so many receivers.

Here in Denver, the sports media is euphoric over the 3-0 record. You'd think the Broncos are guaranteed a playoff spot starting off undefeated. Lol. The real season starts now & we'll see what this team is made of. Their next four games will tell it all:

Baltimore
@ Pittsburgh
Las Vegas
@ Cleveland

If they can split these games - particularly winning the home games I might be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS