• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 512 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SEA first half offense stats were: Russ on the ground or running for his life...until he took over for a drive near the end of Q2.
Have to admit that TD pass when he was under pressure was outstanding but the turnover gave them the 14 point lead and the Hawks offense had settled by then. 49ers defense played well in the first half but didn't have much to show for it. 49ers have the Cards next week then a bye before they play the Colts. I still expect a lot of twists and turns in the NFC West and the Rams result surprised me. 49ers managed to shut down Murray the second time they played last season but he's certainly playing well at the moment. I was never confident about the Hawks game, the Niners usually match up better against the Cards and Rams but both of those teams are looking better this season.

Have to admit that TD pass when he was under pressure was outstanding but the turnover gave them the 14 point lead and the Hawks offense had settled by then. 49ers defense played well in the first half but didn't have much to show for it. 49ers have the Cards next week then a bye before they play the Colts. I still expect a lot of twists and turns in the NFC West and the Rams result surprised me. 49ers managed to shut down Murray the second time they played last season but he's certainly playing well at the moment. I was never confident about the Hawks game, the Niners usually match up better against the Cards and Rams but both of those teams are looking better this season.
Thursday Night's game could be interesting or LA could kick the Seahawks into Elliot Bay. The D for Seattle will decide their fate IMO.

Incoming Gilmore to TB or KC. Most likely TB since he has a relationship with 3 of the players and Tom will be pushing hard.

Wow. To the Panthers for a 6th rounder in 2023. I don’t know what to say besides they absolutely could have got a better deal out of it from others. The only side to this I could see is if Bill is trying to stick it to TB when they play Carolina twice.

Wow. To the Panthers for a 6th rounder in 2023. I don’t know what to say besides they absolutely could have got a better deal out of it from others. The only side to this I could see is if Bill is trying to stick it to TB when they play Carolina twice.

I think he definitely did just that. Stuck it to the Bucs but Gilmore is still a few weeks off getting on the field. Not what some teams want. I wonder what the Patriots really wanted for him ? Probably a third round pick. Sounds like Gilmore and the Patriots had become a little toxic and Bill said enough is enough.......................bye.......

Reactions: SHAD0W93
surgery for wilson, out for at least 6 weeks as expected, bummer for seattle, their season is probably over at this point, in their next 6 games they only play one worse team in jaguars
He's been durable for many years, better than most QBs I heard that he spends big money getting his body right like Brady in the off season. I guess its just his turn for a typical QB injury. No surprise Donald was involved. In that sort of form he's a nightmare.

Reactions: jmdirt
May be the beginning of the end for the Seahawks in terms of being a SB contender. I don’t see them making the playoffs this season. Carroll is still content to play stubborn, old school ball. Guys like Adams haven’t been as good as advertised, too many penalties, subpar defense and now injuries piling up again, notably Wilson, who has never missed a game until now.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
May be the beginning of the end for the Seahawks in terms of being a SB contender. I don’t see them making the playoffs this season. Carroll is still content to play stubborn, old school ball. Guys like Adams haven’t been as good as advertised, too many penalties, subpar defense and now injuries piling up again, notably Wilson, who has never missed a game until now.
A few people questioned Adam's new contract and he was getting burnt pretty often in the Rams game. He's a bit of a one trick pony. This could be the tipping point for Carroll and Wilson re the future. I guess you could say the same about Shanahan and Lance if that doesn't go to plan as well. If the Niners don't make the playoffs this season the pressure on Lynch and Kyle goes up next season. They have had one winning season out of four so far and the Lance pick up cost them a lot. Lance is pretty raw at the moment and it took Josh Allen a few seasons to reach top level. I guess they trade Jimmy in the off season and find another back up for a lot less money.

Reactions: jmdirt
Its crazy that the injury that takes RW out is a finger! 4-8 weeks?

Smith will never be Wilson, but I think that he can be good. He needs more reps as QB1 and more game speed reps, but he has a long week, and then PIT (NOLA, JAX) so maybe he can start to get there. Really, what happens next Sunday against PIT might set the tone for GS's time as QB1. Overall record aside, a win is massive for his and the teams mental status moving forward.

The SEA D has got to get better, but I don't know how they 'suddenly' do that. Like Bullsfan said, too many penalties and too much uninspired play. Norton needs to look at changing things up to make his personnel more successful.

Reactions: movingtarget
A few people questioned Adam's new contract and he was getting burnt pretty often in the Rams game. He's a bit of a one trick pony. This could be the tipping point for Carroll and Wilson re the future. I guess you could say the same about Shanahan and Lance if that doesn't go to plan as well. If the Niners don't make the playoffs this season the pressure on Lynch and Kyle goes up next season. They have had one winning season out of four so far and the Lance pick up cost them a lot. Lance is pretty raw at the moment and it took Josh Allen a few seasons to reach top level. I guess they trade Jimmy in the off season and find another back up for a lot less money.
Adams has more than one trick, but they aren't setting him up to do his tricks. Utilize his tricks Norton!

Hawks probably needed a better run game against the Rams and Lockett got clear a few times but the QBs couldn't find him. The first half was pretty messy for both teams.
As you have probably noticed, I am dumbfounded by SEA's year after year crappy O line. Very few teams have a line that is great at run and pass blocking, but many teams have a line that is good at one of the two. SEA is among the teams that really isn't good at either. So SEA isn't going to have a good run game with this O line. If SEA had Henry, he probably would have very few 100 yard games. The times that Carson et al have had success is because the other D is loading up for TL and DKM.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS