• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 513 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Adams has more than one trick, but they aren't setting him up to do his tricks. Utilize his tricks Norton!
It's hard to hide a defensive back that can't cover anyone. Maybe he needs to bulk up and play full time linebacker - they could certainly use one. Last year's first rounder Brooks looks lost, Barton is too weak and they're trying to replace KJ Wright with converted defensive ends

Cards and Niners was a hard fought game and as expected the better offense got it done. Lance looked good on some of the run plays but the missed TD was probably the turning point of the game when Lance ran instead of handing it to an RB. No Kittle cost the Niners, dropped balls and some rookie play from Lance but the defense kept them in it. Niners secondary gave up some crucial plays as they usually do. As for the refs..............holding penalties and the stops by the Cards got them over the line. Definitely the best team the 49ers have played so far.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Good on NE coming back to beat the Texans. I thought they were going to be 1-4. They can still win the division with Miami playing bad and depending on how Buffalo does. It helps they were third in the division last year. They look to do better then last year record wise.
TB with a dominant win over Miami. Brady leading in yards, attempts, completions, and touchdowns by the end of the game. At 44. Skip’s take on MVP might come to fruition. Depending on how many Mahomes gets tonight he could be second but with a little better luck on the two drops and 1 fumble he’d be at 18 touchdowns.
Everyone wanted to miss with Bengals and Green Bay but GB finally got it done. Good for Baltimore that Bengals lost.
After not watching the Raiders game we somehow get the blowout Giants vs Cowboys instead of the close game with Cleveland and LAC.
Bills winning going into the half 24-13. If they can keep this up the win is guaranteed. They will be upset about no points on the kickoff turnover and Diggs slowing down when he could have had a touchdown vs field goal. Chiefs could be down by another 10 plus points. Bills scored on every drive but the turnover.

Last edited:
Good on NE coming back to beat the Texans. I thought they were going to be 1-4. They can still win the division with Miami playing bad and depending on how Buffalo does. It helps they were third in the division last year. They look to do better then last year record wise.
TB with a dominant win over Miami. Brady leading in yards, attempts, completions, and touchdowns by the end of the game. At 44. Skip’s take on MVP might come to fruition. Depending on how many Mahomes gets tonight he could be second but with a little better luck on the two drops and 1 fumble he’d be at 18 touchdowns.
Everyone wanted to miss with Bengals and Green Bay but GB finally got it done. Good for Baltimore that Bengals lost.
After not watching the Raiders game we somehow get the blowout Giants vs Cowboys instead of the close game with Cleveland and LAC.
Bills winning going into the half 24-13. If they can keep this up the win is guaranteed. They will be upset about no points on the kickoff turnover and Diggs slowing down when he could have had a touchdown vs field goal. Chiefs could be down by another 10 plus points. Bills scored on every drive but the turnover.
The game delay at Kansas due to bad weather can only help the Chiefs. Chargers won a shootout. Cowboys rolling along. What's happened to the Dolphins ?

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
The game delay at Kansas due to bad weather can only help the Chiefs. Chargers won a shootout. Cowboys rolling along. What's happened to the Dolphins ?
Doesn’t look like it. The bills offense hasn’t been moving but 2 interceptions for Mahomes.

Bills offense going nowhere but that holding penalty was trash. Chiefs have done worse though they’re calling everything this game. Then got helped with the roughing the passer. Honestly Chiefs can come back since Bills offense has been lethargic since the half but slowly going down the field since roughing the passer and Allen hurdled someone!
And with a 38-20 lead the game should be over.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Doesn’t look like it. The bills offense hasn’t been moving but 2 interceptions for Mahomes.

Bills offense going nowhere but that holding penalty was trash. Chiefs have done worse though they’re calling everything this game. Then got helped with the roughing the passer. Honestly Chiefs can come back since Bills offense has been lethargic since the half but slowly going down the field since roughing the passer and Allen hurdled someone!
And with a 38-20 lead the game should be over.
Certainly over now. Three score lead. Bills are just the better team at the moment. The Chiefs have underwhelmed since the season started.

Certainly over now. Three score lead. Bills are just the better team at the moment. The Chiefs have underwhelmed since the season started.
Maybe Super Bowl hangover on top of losing to the Bucs. Same thing happened to Seattle and they started bad and couldn’t correct it. Since being down in the Super Bowl they haven’t looked their usual selfs or as confident. Their defense is dreadful and they need to score 30-40 points against the good teams to win. Gordon coming up will definitely help with the double teams on Hill and Kelce.

im not a big fan of "hey lets dig something from 10 years ago" but on the other hand why do you post emails like that, its firing for stupidity more than what was written in them

also considering how gruden wasnt exactly great coach, this is blessing in disguise for raiders to get off the hook for 70 million dollars

This week and season has seen A LOT of misses. I wonder what the issue is for everyone.
In several past season I complained that the first three weeks were just sloppy. This year however, I really enjoyed the first two weeks and felt like it was good football. But many teams got sloppy in weeks three and four. I'm not sure what the deal is. Kicking? I'm not sure what is up with kickers so far this season.

Reactions: movingtarget
What an entertaining game with the Colts & Ravens. A complete tale of two halves - football is truly a game of adjustments. And LJ?...are you kidding me! - 504 yards of total O! (442/62) o_O The Colts were in there though - too bad Blankenship choked. That's a 47 yd chip shot FG that he's got to make if he wants to kick in the NFL.

I got the Ravens as the 2nd best team in the AFC right now behind the Bills. And with LJ, this team is never out of any game - it's not over until it's over. Mesmerizing to watch this guy.

Last edited:
Maybe Super Bowl hangover on top of losing to the Bucs. Same thing happened to Seattle and they started bad and couldn’t correct it. Since being down in the Super Bowl they haven’t looked their usual selfs or as confident. Their defense is dreadful and they need to score 30-40 points against the good teams to win. Gordon coming up will definitely help with the double teams on Hill and Kelce.
Now they have lost their best RB for at least three games. Things are not improving much for the Chiefs...........

As a Raider fan, I say good riddance to Jon Gruden. Back when he was hired I was upset the way Jack Del Rio, who actually did lead them to the playoffs, and is an Oakland local who grew up loving the team, was fired by Davis to hire Gruden. Del Rio's teams only struggled when facing key injuries (mostly Derek Carr). The whole "unfinished business" was anything but a pipe dream based on emotion. Gruden was also supposed to be a guru for talent, but his draft picks left many people scratching their heads, as did his trades, and who he cut and signed. Same with Maycock for that matter. Hopefully the door will find that guy too soon.

I don't know that Rich Bisaccia is the long term answer, maybe he is, maybe Gus Bradley is. Maybe neither. I only know Gruden isn't, and wasn't.

This is far more than just coaching though, and his firing is a blessing in disguise, because he's an idiot. Yes, what he wrote (mostly) was 10 years ago, but that was such a stark amount of several things to say and write, it just reeks of negativity, bigotry. I've never talked like that, ever. I don't believe I've ever even thought like that inside my head. And there's nothing that really precipitated his words, triggered them. This in a sense is worse than Mark Furman, who said horribly racist things about people, from horrible experiences as a cop in the ghetto. A far tougher crucible than Gruden was dealing with. Everyone utters something dumb every so often, but to repeatedly say nasty things in such a mindset is a pattern. I'd be hard pressed to think he was just venting, and he has completely changed. I'm glad Mike Turico forgives him, Tony Dungee too. That's fine, as a human, and says more about Turico and Dungee. But there's no room for Jon Gruden in Raider Nation. And no room for him in the NFL.

I'm glad several players are showing him no sympathy, calling him out. I can't blame them.

What an entertaining game with the Colts & Ravens. A complete tale of two halves - football is truly a game of adjustments. And LJ?...are you kidding me! - 504 yards of total O! (442/62) o_O The Colts were in there though - too bad Blankenship choked. That's a 47 yd chip shot FG that he's got to make if he wants to kick in the NFL.

I got the Ravens as the 2nd best team in the AFC right now behind the Bills. And with LJ, this team is never out of any game - it's not over until it's over. Mesmerizing to watch this guy.

LJ likely won't go down in history as 'the best QB ever', but he is an amazing athlete! That's not to say that he can't go down as the BQBE. Remember when he was coming out of Louisville, the NFL said that he couldn't be a QB and several teams even asked if he would try other positions?! I don't know who it was in the BAL organization, but SMART!

So who’s everyone’s favorites to win division and represent in the Super Bowl?
I think my preseason prediction for almost all of them will be wrong but I’m sticking with Bills vs Bucs.
A pretty good choice at the moment. I think the Bills learnt a few things last year. The Chiefs and Browns could improve maybe although the Browns QB issue never seems to go away and possibly one of the NFC West teams can challenge the Bucs. Too early to say. I don't see the Cowboys winning out for much longer but they are doing well at the moment. The Steelers went on a run last year but no one was picking them to win the SB. The Ravens might be an interesting team around the playoffs, usually its a good sign when you keep winning close games. The Niners did it in 2019 on the way to the SB. Green Bay is one of those teams that I sit on the fence with all the time when it comes to the playoffs but they have plenty of big game experience also not a lot of depth to their roster. A few critical injuries for them would be a disaster more than it would be for the Chiefs, Bucs or a few other teams.

any combination of bucs,chiefs,bills and packers - bucs and bills are an obvious choice because packers are fragile and chiefs should be renamed to kansas city cheese

cant trust browns,cant trust ravens

cowboys,cardinals,rams and chargers could get in if they get hot at the right time - titans is a hard no

other teams that might make playoffs like bears,saints,broncos zero chance

Good article on ESPN about the failure of Jon Gruden, as a coach as much as anything.

As to best teams, right now Buffalo looks superb. Top defense, Allen playing great, confident. Plus, that early punch in the face from the Steelers kept them grounded.

As great as Mahomes is, that KC defense is deplorable. I still like him for MVP. The team? Not so much.

ESPN should sit this one out as those emails were sent when gruden was the highest paid employee of ESPN, they have been trying really hard to present this issue as "Raiders" issue lmao

there is also this awkward situation of raiders starting 3-0 and currently being 3-2, thats hardly terrible roster in very tough division

one thing we dont need to do is pretending that everything gruden ever did was a failure just because he is a mean guy, he was highly succesfull coach and broadcaster, those things dont go away just because he has a potty mouth

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
LJ likely won't go down in history as 'the best QB ever', but he is an amazing athlete! That's not to say that he can't go down as the BQBE. Remember when he was coming out of Louisville, the NFL said that he couldn't be a QB and several teams even asked if he would try other positions?! I don't know who it was in the BAL organization, but SMART!
I think he's always been QB material - I don't think he would have been taken in the 1st round by Baltimore if he wasn't. You're right though - several teams thought he should play another position but other teams also thought he was late 2nd or high 3rd round draft material at the QB position. Remember in just 3 seasons at Louisville he threw for over 9,000 yards with a 57% Pct & 69 TDs. He's the definition of a pure dual-threat QB.

Granted he doesn't have a cannon like Mahomes, Allen or Rodgers or the accuracy of a Brady, Rodgers or Wilson. But I think Raven's QB coach James Urban (who's been in the league for 18 yrs & has worked with McNabb & Vick) has done a good job in improving LJ's passing game. With LJ's improvement, I imagine DCs are having a difficult time trying to put together an effective game plan against the Raven's O.

I'm going with Baltimore & Arizona for the SB - two electrifying dual-threat QBs in action!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS