• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 516 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My gut tells me he'll sit for several weeks, and if it seems possible he can throw, and not suffer major injury after getting hit (as he will get targeted, as you say), and the Browns are in contention at that point, he'll play. But if we get to week 12 or so and he's still hurting, and the Browns are stuck around .500 in that division, he may as well get the surgery done and over with.
Your analysis seems the likely scenario:

"Baker Mayfield won't be cleared to return until doctors determine he can adequately protect himself."

If he were to play the major concern would be players targeting that shoulder even to point of taking a personal foul penalty - you know all is fair in love & war in the NFL. Lol.

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Scrappy game between the Hawks and Saints. Plenty of mistakes on both teams. Seems its not happening for the Hawks and 49ers this season unless something miraculous happens but the NFC West is always a long battle. Eventually Wilson will be back and the 49ers will get some injured players back but it may not be enough and could be too late.
I could see the 49ers implode if they don't turn it around in the next couple of games.
Also, I know there have been a ton of injuries and the team was terrible when he got to Frisco but Shanhan's record as a HC there is 31-39, with only one winning season.

AZ- JJ is out, maybe for the year! He is an amazing player, but his durability has been pretty poor in the second half of his career. I guess that's what happens when that much size and power is on full tilt.

2016-3 games played
2017- 5
2019-8
2021-7
Best thing is being available and after his monster 5 year start he’s been unavailable. Sucks he keeps getting injured.

Bizarre finish to the Packers game. The Cardinals receiver was waiting for a flag that didn't come and made no attempt to catch the ball...........don't see how he wouldn't have caught it if he turned around as the Packers player caught it on the outside. Seen plenty of those calls go the other way...........oh well.........i guess you don't give up on a play second guessing the refs, looked like a clear hold even though he let him go quickly.

Reactions: jmdirt
Bizarre finish to the Packers game. The Cardinals receiver was waiting for a flag that didn't come and made no attempt to catch the ball...........don't see how he wouldn't have caught it if he turned around as the Packers player caught it on the outside. Seen plenty of those calls go the other way...........oh well.........i guess you don't give up on a play second guessing the refs, looked like a clear hold even though he let him go quickly.
Not just any receiver but AJ Green too. Has that most of the time.

Good win by the Saints. I only saw the back half but they were pressuring all game on offense against the beat up secondary and they were making penalties galore. Apparently there was another bad roughing the passer call in favor of Saints but the one hold penalty I saw was a hold all day. Defense got after Brady and got 3 turnovers out of it but they couldn’t get that last game winning drive with him almost getting intercepted on the first throw. Maybe the rematch will go better for the Bucs but the Saints definitely have their number still and could threaten the division depending on the rematch. I figured at the start of the year they’d finish 13-4 so whether that holds true is anyone’s guess but they could drop the rematch and game to Bills.

Last edited:
Some crazy games today. i thought the Bucs were going to finish over the top of the Saints once they put a few TDs on the board. Brady won't be happy with that performance. Bengals and Jets was a crazy game. The Jets QB White played well on debut and their RB had a big game. Wentz did everything he could to lose the Colts game but it was still a close entertaining game. Jimmy G had his best game all season against the Bears and oddly Fields probably had his in a loss. 49ers will be hoping for more of the same against the Cardinals next week who have some injury issues to key players, 49ers will also probably have Kittle back.

Some crazy games today. i thought the Bucs were going to finish over the top of the Saints once they put a few TDs on the board. Brady won't be happy with that performance. Bengals and Jets was a crazy game. The Jets QB White played well on debut and their RB had a big game. Wentz did everything he could to lose the Colts game but it was still a close entertaining game. Jimmy G had his best game all season against the Bears and oddly Fields probably had his in a loss. 49ers will be hoping for more of the same against the Cardinals next week who have some injury issues to key players, 49ers will also probably have Kittle back.
When the Saints started moving down the field I thought they were very likely going to win and I think the offense knew I going for the deep shot right away.

The Chargers losing is good for the Chiefs, they’ve been unraveling and the Patriots just might make a playoff push. They should have 2 wins from Mia and NYJ then just have to keep it together.

If you would have told me that NOLA beat TB, I would have assumed that Jams had a huge game, but they won without him.
Turnovers, time of possession, and penalties. The same three things that killed them last year against Saints. I think the stat was he has had 8 turnovers against Saints vs 12 all the other games. They’re doing something right.
This one the key plays was Brady going to Godwin at the end instead of Evans who was open off the crossing they did and the roughing the passer negating int where the Saints lineman had his arm out and pushing the defensive ends face to the sky and pulling his helmet off so he didn’t see Trevor threw it by the time he got there.

Majority of the games have all been good and down to the wire so that’s good. Especially almost all of the prime time games have been good.

Last edited:
Just saw the poorest officiating in an NFL game...that's saying alot. Several "roughness" penalties against the Jaguars for taking down Geno that looked alot like they were avoiding the very thing. Taunting penalties against both teams for nothing and 3 or 4 dropped hankies that weren't penalties. Did these guys just get the rule book or what?

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Just saw the poorest officiating in an NFL game...that's saying alot. Several "roughness" penalties against the Jaguars for taking down Geno that looked alot like they were avoiding the very thing. Taunting penalties against both teams for nothing and 3 or 4 dropped hankies that weren't penalties. Did these guys just get the rule book or what?
Doesn’t sound like they got the rule book.

I just saw the Jets not only beat the Bengals but had this bad of an interception.
View: https://youtu.be/FPkJgT0-qEg

Last edited:
I wish they would do away with the taunting penalties altogether, its so ridiculous. I see nothing wrong with taunting in a game of football when somebody makes a play.. Its going the same way as the NBA where you can get penalized for staring at someone...........so stupid. And the roughing the passer penalties have gone way too far.

What a crazy good football week starting for me w Packers - Cardinals..the Browns and Bengals are weird..especially Beckham Jr..I can see were he may want to text or call Julian Edelman and asked for some advice.
Jets are a surprise to me..I thought that having no quarterback depth would make them unwatchable but I was wrong..Mike White has heart and energy
Chargers and Bucs both fun to watch..bad results
I sure hope Henry is ok..but probably not

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
I wish they would do away with the taunting penalties altogether, its so ridiculous. I see nothing wrong with taunting in a game of football when somebody makes a play.. Its going the same way as the NBA where you can get penalized for staring at someone...........so stupid. And the roughing the passer penalties have gone way too far.
When Metcalf bumps helmets with opponents that is a penalty. When they throw the ball at the opponent's bench on purpose; that's taunting. When they trash talk....that's football.

The game was made worse by the Jaguars' defense refusal to play for more than 2 snaps per series. I like seeing the hometown guys win but this was embarrassing. There was a moment when Urban Meyer looked completely lost and his assistant coach is using his finger and counting players out loud.....they still had to use a time out. Since many of the assistant coaches were former Seattle staff I can only assume they were paid not to coach.

• Haha
What a crazy good football week starting for me w Packers - Cardinals..the Browns and Bengals are weird..especially Beckham Jr..I can see were he may want to text or call Julian Edelman and asked for some advice.
Jets are a surprise to me..I thought that having no quarterback depth would make them unwatchable but I was wrong..Mike White has heart and energy
Chargers and Bucs both fun to watch..bad results
I sure hope Henry is ok..but probably not
Really bad news on Henry but his running style put him at risk...alot. Jameis is a little more fragile, though.

Von Miller!!? What? Broncos did what?..
Not a surprise - he's been disappointed in the direction of the team the last couple of years. Now he's with a legitimate SB contender for the remaining few years of his career. It would have been nice to see him finish his career here in Denver after being the 2nd OA pick back in 2011. Miller is considered the Bronco's best defensive player in the history of the franchise - he was the MVP in SB 50.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS