• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 519 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok. I watched the entire thing. It’s amazing the way smart people do stupid things, isn’t it? I mean, he said some pretty idiotic stuff in there. Just uninformed, irrational. There’s not quite enough details, because he’s purposely vague, but it sounds like he had pre-determined opinions, then backed them up by confirmation bias. Ignoring anything scientifically sound, objective, instead searching for and cherry picking obscure opinions, and believing them.

He may say he’s not anti-vax, but he’s operating in almost entirely the same manner. It’s no surprise he contracted the virus, and he’s lucky he didn’t get sicker. Since he still appears to be anti-vax, he apparently now believes he’s immune, which again is far from the truth.

Then again, when you’re seeking medical advice from a comic, podcast host who never made it through college, over that of licensed physicians, let alone the collective medical scientific community, starting with the CDC, what should we expect? Perhaps Rodgers thinks of them as a “woke”, political organization? He seems to behave that way.

A couple of things:

He said that he probably got it from a vaccinated player. Nice pile of disingenuous on top of his lies. He probably got it from another anitvax person at the Halloween party. He can't talk about how much research he has done and then say a lot of stupid, uniformed things.

It mostly makes me laugh, but its also annoying when people try to be hip and cool using buzz words that they don't understand the meaning of. People being woke means that they are now aware of the situation. In this case people are aware that AR is a liar, they are aware that he isn't 'immunized'. Politicians have been using the word like its an insult when its actually a compliment (or at least an acknowledgment that you get it now). Although, enough lame old white people have been using it wrong that its meaning seems to have flipped in 2021 society.

A couple of things:

He said that he probably got it from a vaccinated player. Nice pile of disingenuous on top of his lies. He probably got it from another anitvax person at the Halloween party. He can't talk about how much research he has done and then say a lot of stupid, uniformed things.

It mostly makes me laugh, but its also annoying when people try to be hip and cool using buzz words that they don't understand the meaning of. People being woke means that they are now aware of the situation. In this case people are aware that AR is a liar, they are aware that he isn't 'immunized'. Politicians have been using the word like its an insult when its actually a compliment (or at least an acknowledgment that you get it now). Although, enough lame old white people have been using it wrong that its meaning seems to have flipped in 2021 society.
He’s smart though, and as Skip and Shannon said he thinks he is the smartest in the room.

Reactions: SafeBet and jmdirt
If you think you are the smartest in the room, you aren't smart enough to know that you aren't.
This.

Media, columnists, etc. having a field day with Rodgers. Over the course of 48 hours he's gone from one of the most well liked and respected athletes in the world, with a massive potential future post-football career, to what appears to be a conspiracy theory crackpot. I know people are going to still love watching him play, me too, really. But I think his reputation is forever tainted here. I just don't see how he can backtrack from this.

I too wonder if this puts a nail in his coffin with the team (who has wisely, remained quiet). Let's say Love plays fairly well, shows potential, even if he doesn't win over the next two weeks. And Rodgers comes back, makes his usual spectacular plays, but they lose in the playoffs. Would it be unsurprising if GB releases Rodgers, or lets him walk after the season?

I've disliked AR the person for a long time. I enjoy watching some of the stuff he can do as a QB, but also enjoy watching him drop games.

Lying about his vaccination status probably wouldn't have done too much image damage, especially in a few months. But he would have been way better off using the script provided by Alpe than the craziness that he put out with Pat Mc. Backing up a bit, IMO, he would have been so much better off saying something in August (although much of his story was made up on the fly this week). He might have lost a few fans, but probably gained some too. But like Alpe said, now he looks like a crackpot.

Last edited:
I too wonder if this puts a nail in his coffin with the team (who has wisely, remained quiet). Let's say Love plays fairly well, shows potential, even if he doesn't win over the next two weeks. And Rodgers comes back, makes his usual spectacular plays, but they lose in the playoffs. Would it be unsurprising if GB releases Rodgers, or lets him walk after the season?
Even though he has one more year left on his contract (2022), I think there's a strong possibility he's through with GB after this season. The Broncos are definitely interested in Rodgers with this new rebuilding philosophy that GM Peyton has undertaken.

Rodgers hasn't been happy & has expressed his consternation with the organization's decision in drafting Love. That move wasn't exactly a vote of confidence for Rodgers to play out his career in GB. IMO, short of winning the SB, I don't think Rodgers will be in a GB uniform next season. And what a great asset he would be in Denver. The guy still has one of the strongest arms in the league, plays hurt, has tremendous comeback capability and most importantly knows how to win in a league where at the end of the day only "W's" really matter.

Rodgers rank #5 on the QB power rankings:

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Ran into a friend out riding today who grew up in Milwaukie, WI.
Me: Your boy is looking full-full crazy!
Him: I don't know, he's a pubescent boy who is worried about his birth control messing with the vaccine, plus his close fiend, who he just met this week, knows a lot about this stuff. Seems smart to me!
Me: Laughing!
Him: Plus now he won't have to worry about river blindness for a while.
Him: I wish that someone would convince these idiots that pitbull sperm kills covid!
Me: Laughing

Ok. I watched the entire thing. It’s amazing the way smart people do stupid things, isn’t it? I mean, he said some pretty idiotic stuff in there. Just uninformed, irrational. There’s not quite enough details, because he’s purposely vague, but it sounds like he had pre-determined opinions, then backed them up by confirmation bias. Ignoring anything scientifically sound, objective, instead searching for and cherry picking obscure opinions, and believing them.

He may say he’s not anti-vax, but he’s operating in almost entirely the same manner. It’s no surprise he contracted the virus, and he’s lucky he didn’t get sicker. Since he still appears to be anti-vax, he apparently now believes he’s immune, which again is far from the truth.

Then again, when you’re seeking medical advice from a comic, podcast host who never made it through college, over that of licensed physicians, let alone the collective medical scientific community, starting with the CDC, what should we expect? Perhaps Rodgers thinks of them as a “woke”, political organization? He seems to behave that way.
I can't imagine the small world that AR consults for his opinions. He'd dated women that have varied skills, polarized his family (according to press...take a grain of salt) and become very quiet when he's petulant about the team's draft choices. It seems as though he spends some time in a small room of mirrors and when he comes out he consults Joe Rogan? The guy that was trying to promote an MMA fight on an island to avoid any legal obligations related to health concerns when many folks were not interested in getting sick.
This sounds like an extension of his ego-driven pre-season holdout and attempt at a landmark contract gone wrong. Or maybe he and Joe have a fiendishly complex, non flat-earth logic to long-term negotiations with GB and the NFL?

As a Seattle fan...if Russell comes back in a week or two this may be a gift to Seattle. Insert smiley unicorn face HERE.

Reactions: jmdirt
As they should be and they should be furious if they get less than the fines Raiders and others got last year. They should receive a million for the team and $500000 to Rodgers fined and maybe loss of pay for the games to healthcare programs, lose draft picks, and he should be suspended 1-8 games. Same with Matt and whoever is in charge at the NFL. They need to be fined too. Matt Lefleur can’t say we told Rodgers to wear a mask and he refused too. He is the head coach, it is his responsibility to discipline his players and make sure they follow the rules and protocol.

Patriots we’re fined a million, lost 2 draft picks, and Brady suspended 4 games for something as ridiculous as deflate gate just so they can make an example.

Doesn’t surprise me a healthcare sponsor dropped him. I understand the kids element but he could have had his sperm saved and again with those extremely rare cases as Alpe showed.

View: https://youtu.be/Kdh6iLzxphY

And Ryan Clark said it best, Aaron did want he wanted too because he was allowed to and no one told him different.

Last edited:
Why did AR say he's allergic to 'an ingredient' in the mRNA vaccines? If it was me, and I was trying to prove my point, I would say: "I'm allergic to PEG which is in both M&P". But then he would also have to explain why he isn't allergic to PEG when its in the cortisone shots that he receives.

EDIT: He either knew that PEG was in both mRNA and cortisone shots (and didn't want us to clue in), or he is just sayin "I'm allergic" without really knowing what's in the vaccine. Does he have a documented history of allergies?

I wonder if his butt burns from his pants being on fire?!

Last edited:
Why did AR say he's allergic to 'an ingredient' in the mRNA vaccines? If it was me, and I was trying to prove my point, I would say: "I'm allergic to PEG which is in both M&P". But then he would also have to explain why he isn't allergic to PEG when its in the cortisone shots that he receives.

Yep, AR is a liar!
Heck, I do not want to get vaccinated at this time as my fiancé and I would like children and there is not enough information on fertility issues. I am getting older and do not want problems and also don’t want to freeze my sperm. I will follow the protocol the NFL set. Thank you for understanding.

And if you don’t agree with the protocol, say it. Don’t be a child, pout in the back, and do it “behind” their back because you can. Be a man and leader.

I wonder if his butt burns from his pants being on fire?!
I mean with Wisconsin’s weather who can blame him. Even Brady got sick of Michigan and New England weather after playing there for 23 years or so. Both Cali boys after all.

On the cortisone that would make sense why he gets injured a lot. It makes your body absorb calcium faster, making your bones more brittle, and you’re at great risk for developing osteoporosis.

Edit. Which would be even worse with his clotting factor issues. It’s a miracle he has not bled out yet.

Last edited: