• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 520 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Damn, KC is not messing around with where their away family seats are. Makes me wonder the location in every stadium.

Good first drive for Chiefs. Relied on the run and short passing game. Let’s see if they can keep it going. But their offense has hit a brick wall. Packers have had two drives attempt a field goal and miss or get blocked. I would have more faith in them winning if they got those points.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Damn, KC is not messing around with where their away family seats are. Makes me wonder the location in every stadium.

Good first drive for Chiefs. Relied on the run and short passing game. Let’s see if they can keep it going. But their offense has hit a brick wall. Packers have had two drives attempt a field goal and miss or get blocked. I would have more faith in them winning if they got those points.
Love is not playing bad though and it's still a one possession game. I don't trust the Chiefs defense.

Unrelated: how long till Shanahan pulls Jimmy G for good?

Love is not playing bad though and it's still a one possession game. I don't trust the Chiefs defense.

Unrelated: how long till Shanahan pulls Jimmy G for good?
But their special teams just gave up a muffed punt for a touchdown that should be overturned from a touchback so potentially down by 14 and Chiefs are receiving the ball. Yes he has been playing well but they’re going to need a second half revival.

The Chiefs get the ball at Packers 9.

Arizona playing well without their star quarterback while GB struggling. With Rodgers in the game they should be winning with the Chiefs offense struggling and getting free points in the Packers red zone. Packers D playing their heart out.

But Packers get a touchdown. Somehow Love’s Gf and mom went from nosebleeds to a suite so that’s an upgrade.

Chiefs won but it’s wasn’t thanks to their offense who only looked good on the first drive. Special teams was the MVP for Chiefs constantly putting Packers deep, a blocked field goal, punt recovered for a field goal, and the missed field goal. 9 point swing. I don’t know why they are keeping Sorensen.

Last edited:
A snippet of Ruggs driving at super high speed barely registering on surveillance footage has surfaced. Stories also about how a couple people heroically tried to save the woman, as well as her dog, but the fire was too intense, and she was too trapped in the car. She was screaming for help, but there was nothing they could do as it became engulfed in flames. Just horrific.

Ruggs has been charged with even more counts. Charges now could go up to 40-50 years. At this point I don't see any way he spends less than a decade behind bars.

Curious where OBJ lands. To me there's a message that the Browns weren't targeting him. That message is there may not be left in his tank. At least at the cost they were paying him. And that there may be the key. Sure, he's not likely to make the acrobatic catches he did a few years ago. But what kind of deal can a team get to sign him?

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Curious where OBJ lands. To me there's a message that the Browns weren't targeting him. That message is there may not be left in his tank. At least at the cost they were paying him. And that there may be the key. Sure, he's not likely to make the acrobatic catches he did a few years ago. But what kind of deal can a team get to sign him?
Rams, Chiefs, Packers, Bucs, Ravens, Titans, Cardinals, and Cowboys are my guess that are pushing for him. I don’t know about the not targeting, he had decent stats his first season and then injured but he has been targeted the most from a stat I saw but how catchable were those balls.

Then I saw D Jackson was let go by the Chiefs and could be signing with the Raiders. And I had no idea Bell was on the Ravens.

Big wins for the Titans and Browns. Lots of upsets. The Chiefs still struggling on offense. The 49ers self implosion cycle continues. They managed to make Colt McCoy look like Tom Brady. Dropped balls and turnovers as usual while this time the defense also decided to have a day off with some horrendous tackling and some dumb penalties. I will be shocked if they beat the Rams next week. Good win for Denver over the Cowboys. The Ravens win out in another tight one.

What a rough debut for Love. It's hard to tell just how good he may be, as the Packers didn't protect him well, or set up many schemes for him to showcase anything. He definitely looks mobile, but he also lacks the velocity on what long balls he threw with any consistency that Rodgers has.

I also got a feeling the score would have been more like 27-13 Packers if Rodgers had been playing. KC just does not look good.

In fact, as I look at the entire AFC, it's really hard to say who is the best team, isn't it? Tennessee? Baltimore? But they should have lost to the Vikings. Buffalo should be if you look at jus the stats: YPP, +pts, total yards on both sides of the ball, compared to strength of schedule. But yesterday's loss was ugly. In the NFC, one could say the same thing about Dallas.

I still say Tampa is the team to beat, for now. They aren't consistent, but they have the leadership, and tools, and manage to win when needed.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
A snippet of Ruggs driving at super high speed barely registering on surveillance footage has surfaced. Stories also about how a couple people heroically tried to save the woman, as well as her dog, but the fire was too intense, and she was too trapped in the car. She was screaming for help, but there was nothing they could do as it became engulfed in flames. Just horrific.

Ruggs has been charged with even more counts. Charges now could go up to 40-50 years. At this point I don't see any way he spends less than a decade behind bars.
This is just so horrifying, I mean imagine just being in your car with your dog minding your own business, and then some intoxicated *** rams into you without warning and you and your dog are left to burn alive. It's just beyond horrifying.

Ruggs better get some stiff prison time, there's no wiggle room here.

Good win for Denver over the Cowboys.
Definitely a shocker on the road nonetheless. At least the Broncos have some meaningful football to play in a division that's wide open. And who have thought that by mid-season the Chiefs wouldn't have been running away with the division? This team, which didn't play well against GB, has gone from the Penthouse to the Outhouse in such a short time.

Reactions: movingtarget

Rumor this morning was that SEA wanted OBJ. As a SEA fan, I'll take a pass thanks.

Reactions: SafeBet
Rams, Chiefs, Packers, Bucs, Ravens, Titans, Cardinals, and Cowboys are my guess that are pushing for him. I don’t know about the not targeting, he had decent stats his first season and then injured but he has been targeted the most from a stat I saw but how catchable were those balls.

Then I saw D Jackson was let go by the Chiefs and could be signing with the Raiders. And I had no idea Bell was on the Ravens.
Bell was on the BAL practice squad for several weeks! Crazy huh? A guy who was one of the best backs in the league just a few years ago on a practice squad. He's had a few totes in the last few weeks, but he doesn't look like the pre injury, pre holdout guy.

What a rough debut for Love. It's hard to tell just how good he may be, as the Packers didn't protect him well, or set up many schemes for him to showcase anything. He definitely looks mobile, but he also lacks the velocity on what long balls he threw with any consistency that Rodgers has.

I also got a feeling the score would have been more like 27-13 Packers if Rodgers had been playing. KC just does not look good.
Love looked ill-prepared & overwhelmed. Late in the 4th quarter during crunch time when the camera zoomed in on him, you could see the fear & confusion in his eyes. Things were moving too fast for him & he bad pre-snap checks - he couldn't make the appropriate adjustments with KC changing up their defensive schemes.

Definitely Rodgers would have easily hung 27 on KC with a "W" on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Funny thing about Love is before the game he said he was completely confident and fully ready for this moment. He looked anything but, against a mediocre (at best) defense. Granted, he’s essentially a rookie, but this can’t make the Packers seem hopeful. A recent QB he reminded me of is Josh Rosen. Remember him? There is still time though.

When the season started I suspected the Chiefs wouldn’t be quite the same as they were the last 2 years, but still expected them to win the division and 11-12 games. Now? They would have to almost run the table to do that.

I don’t see RW3 making Sea run the table, but I would not for a second put it past him to get that team into the playoffs.

Reactions: Nomad and SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS