• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 521 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Funny thing about Love is before the game he said he was completely confident and fully ready for this moment. He looked anything but, against a mediocre (at best) defense. Granted, he’s essentially a rookie, but this can’t make the Packers seem hopeful. A recent QB he reminded me of is Josh Rosen. Remember him? There is still time though.

When the season started I suspected the Chiefs wouldn’t be quite the same as they were the last 2 years, but still expected them to win the division and 11-12 games. Now? They would have to almost run the table to do that.

I don’t see RW3 making Sea run the table, but I would not for a second put it past him to get that team into the playoffs.

Even if somehow the Hawks run the table it’ll difficult to make the playoffs.

Even if somehow the Hawks run the table it’ll difficult to make the playoffs.
Very difficult but, once you beat your division upper rivals you could be on your way. Aside from the other current division leaders there are few strong wild card candidates based on record. It's the parity the NFL craved. But they'd need to win out and still have gas for any playoffs. Two years in a row they got stale, so there's that.

What a rough debut for Love. It's hard to tell just how good he may be, as the Packers didn't protect him well, or set up many schemes for him to showcase anything. He definitely looks mobile, but he also lacks the velocity on what long balls he threw with any consistency that Rodgers has.

I also got a feeling the score would have been more like 27-13 Packers if Rodgers had been playing. KC just does not look good.

In fact, as I look at the entire AFC, it's really hard to say who is the best team, isn't it? Tennessee? Baltimore? But they should have lost to the Vikings. Buffalo should be if you look at jus the stats: YPP, +pts, total yards on both sides of the ball, compared to strength of schedule. But yesterday's loss was ugly. In the NFC, one could say the same thing about Dallas.

I still say Tampa is the team to beat, for now. They aren't consistent, but they have the leadership, and tools, and manage to win when needed.
I have seen some timing video were after the ball is snapped the quarterback makes the transaction in a few seconds,always slightly different obviously but I think Love and his offensive line just had that subtle difference in cadence..not that the pocket collapsed or that the running back hesitated noticeably but I think that his slightly slower execut
How’s it going to be less than the $500k last year.
I gotta say I don't get the NFL medical protocols. Before you enter the league,the organization of desire gets you in front of their doctors, you get a full body race horse style examination and they put microphones on your knee,shoulder and elbow gristle to make sure all your parts are working before they draft you. And getting examined is not optional,it's an amazing obligation.
Players subject to drug search inside and outside your body,again mandatory. Depending on the drug violation,you get mandatory testing,they don't take your word for it,tested.
head injuries..multi level tests w an immediate grace period to assess the seriousness.
So Aaron Rodgers holds the blame,but come on..the NFL is on the hook for this..if they had a rule and no mechanism for compliance and verification..proof..that can't be solely Rodgers responsibility..bus driver,pilot,boat captain..do you have a license? Are you drunk or high, before,during work? Questions about drugs can't be on a - because I said so basis..
it's absurd that the NFL doesn't know the status of every player..this is not Amazon or the Post office..there are only a few thousand to keep track of..
And they get paid lots less

I have seen some timing video were after the ball is snapped the quarterback makes the transaction in a few seconds,always slightly different obviously but I think Love and his offensive line just had that subtle difference in cadence..not that the pocket collapsed or that the running back hesitated noticeably but I think that his slightly slower execut

I gotta say I don't get the NFL medical protocols. Before you enter the league,the organization of desire gets you in front of their doctors, you get a full body race horse style examination and they put microphones on your knee,shoulder and elbow gristle to make sure all your parts are working before they draft you. And getting examined is not optional,it's an amazing obligation.
Players subject to drug search inside and outside your body,again mandatory. Depending on the drug violation,you get mandatory testing,they don't take your word for it,tested.
head injuries..multi level tests w an immediate grace period to assess the seriousness.
So Aaron Rodgers holds the blame,but come on..the NFL is on the hook for this..if they had a rule and no mechanism for compliance and verification..proof..that can't be solely Rodgers responsibility..bus driver,pilot,boat captain..do you have a license? Are you drunk or high, before,during work? Questions about drugs can't be on a - because I said so basis..
it's absurd that the NFL doesn't know the status of every player..this is not Amazon or the Post office..there are only a few thousand to keep track of..
And they get paid lots less
Like I said before, all three parties are responsible and should be fined and/or suspended with the money going to healthcare. They allowed it to go on for months to not get their start in trouble and now slapping them on the wrist.

Like I said before, all three parties are responsible and should be fined and/or suspended with the money going to healthcare. They allowed it to go on for months to not get their start in trouble and now slapping them on the wrist.
I think that the fines should be higher, but maybe they were based on a stated x=X. Part of me wants him to be suspended for the number of games that he played under the lie, but that also punishes his entire team. I would rather see him get sacked and lose games instead.

Reactions: Koronin
I actually think Rodgers benefitted from going back on McAfee's show. Why? Well, repeated reports now seem to show the NFL can't seem to get it's guidelines straight, and are part of the problem. The team too. Aaron spoke in circles, which just started to pile everything into one confusing mess of nonsense, and I think people are likely to walk away with a few impressions:

1. Aaron seemed accountable for misleading anyone on the surface.

2. The whole situation is a mess. He's not sure what the best path is or was, and made some poor choices. But the team and NFL aren't clear either!

3. He's a football player, and when he gets back on the field people will roll their eyes at his whole Covid vaccine thing, and go back to admiring him playing.

My gut also tells me that he's smart enough to know when interviewed on the field in the future he knows most reporters (and fans) aren't going to want to talk about Covid, but his play, and he can steer the conversation that way easily. He did however open his mouth really wide here, enough to fit an entire foot in it, so you never know.

Oh, I'm also pretty sure the Packers brass are looking to let this pass as quickly as possible, judging by the way Love played (poorly). The whole notion that he was an idiot and they'd be happy to dump him to Denver (Miami, etc.) was likely washed away Monday night.

Hopefully post game interviews don't even mention this mess. I mean, what else can be said?
Probably some will in the beginning and for a little after, like how Gronk and his dad got asked about Hernadez when he specifically said not to bring that up. It wouldn’t surprise me if he ignores it. Now the question is how well he recovers from Covid and how he is doing now. It can take a lot out of you. When I had it even just a hour out of bed would make me tired doing chores and stuff around the house. If he is cleared for Sunday, it might be better for Love to start so he is able to loosen up more on the sideline and go from there instead of jumping in to cut off any issues.

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
I wonder if the rest of the NFL would want to discuss the lukewarm fines GB was levied and the single-game suspension for Aaron?
His “suspension” was just testing positive for covid though. NFL would probably just reply that he is a top 3 draw with Brady and Mahomes as players. But if I were them I’d be furious since they were violating protocol for months and got a tap on the wrist. Then the reason the NFL gave was because they went to the party and they weren’t informed by the organization. The party was October 30. They’ve had 10 days before today to do something about it and never acknowledged it.

Pandemic aside, it would be hilarious if the other unvaccinated players started doing the same and not wearing masks and as they please just go see how the NFL responds. Heck I’d love Belicheck to have his players do that just to be spiteful about their last two shellackings by the NFL.

TRENDING THREADS