• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 525 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Goff has won 0 NFL games without Sean McVay. He's something like 0-17-1.
Detroit once again losing a very close game after putting up a good fight. They will need to bring in some talent (either via draft or FA) because the roster is very poor overall.
Nagy apparently safe until the end of the year?

As for Dallas, they've been bad for the past month at this point. The defense is giving up a lot of big plays. I don't really trust McCarthy to fix this so I'm expecting Philadelphia to make it interesting for the division title.
Raiders somehow still with a positive record after everything they've been through.

Saints are collapsing but honestly they miss so many players in the offense that it's hard to judge them.
They're without their starting QB, Kamara, two all pro OL and best WR (ok they knew about Thomas since the beginning of the season but still). No team can survive losing so many key players.

Reactions: jmdirt
DAL vs. LVR was entertaining and down to the OT wire, but there must have been at least 30 penalties called (20 accepted?).

NOLA joins the ranks of Jr. High teams this week. I know that TS is the 4th string QB, but do they have an offense? Injuries.
I feel like the director of the NO game had an agenda, ..as the Saints offense caved in on itself,the camera would momentarily pause and shoot Hill #7 as if to say..things at the quarterback position can't be going any worse, so what are you waiting for coach? And Drew up in the booth trying to not cry as his beloved Saints got doormated. Other games were good..
I thought that teams were passed saying " it's a rebuilding year " but watching New Orleans,that would have been a good thing to say about the effort..

The NFL definitely needs to change to the NCAA overtime plan!
I don’t know, sure it would be cool to see a game going on forever. But, NCAA has way more personal they can use so less risk of injuries or fatigue while also the huge difference in skill between NCAA players. We can joke all we want about top NCAA team beating the worst NFL team but those players would be the best of the best on any NCAA team. Plus the all mighty commercials and how the NFL loves them.

I think a variation of McAfee’s idea of kicker showdown would be better. Both offense and defense goes on the field at each end zone and basically like a penalty kick. One offense and defense starts at the 10 and there is 4 drives to score. Then it goes to the other side and they have 4 drives. If one scores and the other doesn’t then they win. If none score, a 50 yard field goal to see we wins. If they miss, game is a tie and if they both make it it goes to the offense against defense again starting at the 15 or 20 and trying to score in 4 drives. If that ends in nothing then game is tied. If both teams score from the 10, they go back to the 15 and do it again and again until one doesn’t get it or they both don’t get it and it’s a tie.
Points should just be 1 so as not to increase touchdown totals for players like crazy.

I don’t know, sure it would be cool to see a game going on forever. But, NCAA has way more personal they can use so less risk of injuries or fatigue while also the huge difference in skill between NCAA players. We can joke all we want about top NCAA team beating the worst NFL team but those players would be the best of the best on any NCAA team. Plus the all mighty commercials and how the NFL loves them.

I think a variation of McAfee’s idea of kicker showdown would be better. Both offense and defense goes on the field at each end zone and basically like a penalty kick. One offense and defense starts at the 10 and there is 4 drives to score. Then it goes to the other side and they have 4 drives. If one scores and the other doesn’t then they win. If none score, a 50 yard field goal to see we wins. If they miss, game is a tie and if they both make it it goes to the offense against defense again starting at the 15 or 20 and trying to score in 4 drives. If that ends in nothing then game is tied. If both teams score from the 10, they go back to the 15 and do it again and again until one doesn’t get it or they both don’t get it and it’s a tie.
Points should just be 1 so as not to increase touchdown totals for players like crazy.
The NCAA shootout OT has potentially less plays than the NFL's system, AND it doesn't end in a tie.

24-14 Colts
Colts playing very well on both sides and Vita Vea got a helmet to the mouth while his was off making him lose a tooth. Wants with a huge pickup with his legs on 3rd and 15. Colts have had 2 huge 4th down conversions. The only spark Bucs have had was from the fumble recovery and their last touchdown drive. Colts receive the ball and have the chance to go up by 3 scores.

Edit: Colts were driving until a sack fumble. Bucs offense needs to move the ball or it should be game. Colts are picking the defense apart with the pass against their 5 man fronts.

Edit 2: 38-31 Bucs. Huge with the turnovers and Leonard Fournette having a big game. Colts almost came back to tie it with a 95 yard return.

Patriots with a huge win and beat down and look geared up to fight for the one seed after struggling. Belicheck’s off-season acquisitions have been huge.

Miami finally playing like I hoped they would coming into the season with a big beat down on Carolina and the quarterbacks having a bad day.

Last edited:
And it most have help since the Packers beat down the Rams with them having 5 turnovers, 4 of which they could do something with and scored. Rodgers hasn’t practiced in about a month and his toe and still playing well. Rams have to look out for Niners leap frogging them.
Rams in a slump, three losses in a row. GB impressed me more since the season started although the Rams get hyped more by the media. Niners let the Vikings back into the game when it looked over earlier. Deebo injured takes the shine off the win a little, hopefully its not too serious. As average as Jimmy G was he made good throws when he had too and once again Cousins stats were okay but he struggles in high pressure games and the Niners kept Jefferson out of the game pretty well. 49ers RB Mitchell having a great rookie season.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
6-3 Ravens
This game is fricken insane. About 4 minutes debating a 4th and short. It’s been:
Browns missed field goal
Baltimore punt
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Browns fumble in field goal range
Baltimore interception
Browns field goal
Baltimore interception
Baltimore interception
Browns punt and end of regulation and almost had another turnover

Honestly if they can continue the turnover fiesta in the second half thatd be pretty cool and funny to watch.

And something jmdirt will love.

View: https://youtu.be/eC9BoULlkr4

Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
6-3 Ravens
This game is fricken insane. About 4 minutes debating a 4th and short. It’s been:
Browns missed field goal
Baltimore punt
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Baltimore interception
Browns field goal
Baltimore interception
Baltimore interception

Honestly if they can continue the turnover fiesta in the second half thatd be pretty cool and funny to watch.

The end of the first have was completely insane.

They have two overtimes and then begin the two point conversion thing. What’s wrong with a tie? Sometimes you’re just not good enough or play too passive.
The NCAA football overtime rules began in 1995 initially for the bowl games then carried over to the regular season the following year (teams were getting tired of having tied games in conference play - particularly big rivalry games).

Nowadays the playoffs & conference championship games obviously need OT to determine a winner to advance - I think the coaches & players prefer OT during the regular season as well (back when I played football in the 1970s we had a few hard fought ties where the coaches always said it felt like "kissing your sister." Lol).

Reactions: SHAD0W93
6-3 Ravens
Browns missed field goal
Baltimore punt
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Browns punt
Baltimore field goal
Baltimore interception
Browns field goal
Baltimore interception
Baltimore interception

Yah, what a cluster F! Boger: "we messed up so BAL will e penalized for it".

:tearsofjoy:
This Seattle vs Washington game is even better then SNF.

9-9 into the half. No, neither team kicked 3 field goals or went for 2 and failed. A blocked PAT and returned for Seattle tied the game up instead of being down 10-7 into the half. Washington has almost three times the time of possession and has been helped out with penalties on two drives. Both teams had an ugly turnover that could have lead to points. Washington’s kicker might have injured his leg chasing after the PAT return.

Edit: who needs a kicker when you can get 2!

Last edited:
Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS