• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
76ers and Denver go 3-2 up in their series'. Denver series been getting a little heated at times. Think the talking heads were underrating the 76ers a little.
Everything was pretty close in the East, so it's possible, but the inconsistency of Harden had to be taken into account. The Celtics started the seaon hot, cooled down a bit, found a bit of form but never got back to that start of the season domination, they're going to have a tough time of it if they have to win in 7 and then face Mr. Playoff in Jimmy Butler. The 76ers have hit form right when they needed to. If the Celtics bow out again Boston isn't going to be happy, especially after what happened with the Bruins. At least no-one is expecting much from the Red Sox!

Nuggets can put away the Suns tonight in game 6 at Phoenix. I don't want see a game 7. With the Suns backed into a corner, I imagine Booker & KD will play the entire game.

The Joker is on fire averaging 35 pts, 13 boards & 10 assists in the series (The Nuggets winning % is .810 when the Joker scores a triple double).

Reactions: movingtarget
Joker all-NBA second team has something to prove, gonna add some fire.
I don't understand why they didn't change the all NBA teams to 2 backcourt players and 3 frontcourt players like they did in the All Star games. Second year running that one of the top 2 vote getters in the MVP race isn"t 1st team all NBA.

Anyway I hope Jokic smokes Phoenix tonight.

I don't understand why they didn't change the all NBA teams to 2 backcourt players and 3 frontcourt players like they did in the All Star games. Second year running that one of the top 2 vote getters in the MVP race isn"t 1st team all NBA.

Anyway I hope Jokic smokes Phoenix tonight.
I've been thinking about it a bit. In essence, I don't really care about all-NBA, All-Star etc. It's a thing that gets decided by pundits and/or fans, and will always be subjective. However, I understand why players care, it affects how much money they can make (which I think is stupid but it is what it is). Next year they're going position-less All-NBA, which I think is too far the other way. If it's a team then surely the point is to pick the best starting 5? If that means you wouldn't start Embiid and Jokic then so be it, but I do think that you should be allowed the flexibility to put them both in there if you would pick them, so 3 and 2 seems the most sensible way to do it. You'll still get players who could jump between the two groups, but it's not as silly as insisting a guy who plays centre, power forward and even small forward during the season has to be picked as a centre.

Jayson Tatum likes beating MVPs. Still nervous about the Heat, play-off Butler is real and they need to get their defence sorted.

Ja is a multi-millionaire ($40m according to Spotrac so far) who could lose his contract with Memphis tomorrow and get signed by someone else, probably for more money. Like Kyrie, it's starting to feel like this is who he is going to be because the punishments have so far been small (which sounds crazy to say about over half a million dollars but that's likely to be less than 1% of his total career earnings) and are unlikely to have an effect. The league is going to have to decide how much they want to involve themselves here, especially as you could argue that they're starting to infringe on his rights (obviously not to be discussed here), because teams are going to pay him if he's available.

Embiid and Harden fail to show up again. Thought the Celtics would win eventually.

Jai Morant doing his best to self destruct his career. He is already offside with his big name sponsors and now will face another lengthy suspension. So much for the self discipline he has been going on about lately.............
That is absolutely insane with Morant! Stupidity at the highest level. Even Stephen A went into a tirade about the self-destruction Morant is doing to his career. I wouldn't be surprise if he's suspended 50 or so games (Gilbert Arenas received a 50 game suspension for a handgun incident). And how much longer is the Memphis ownership going to put up with this?

Last edited:
First round to the Nuggets, but plenty to play for.
Too close for comfort there at the end after the Nuggets were blowing them out in the 1st half. Triple-double for the Joker (what's new). Murray was on target hitting 31 at 60% & nice bench production with Bruce Brown leading way.

If the Nuggets can take this 2nd game here, I feel pretty confident they'll win the series. The lakers would have their backs in a corner having to win both games in LA to even the series making it a best of 3 with the Nuggets holding that ever valuable home court advantage.

Last edited:
Doc Rivers gets canned after Nick Nurse and Budenholzer have already been fired along with Monty Williams. Denver let the Lakers back into the game but held on for a good win.
I guess Sun's ownership was expecting a championship once KD came on board. Lol.

They're saying Williams is the top candidate for the Bucks job & both Nurse & Budenholzer are candidates for the Suns job.

And Doc has been left out of the conversation - maybe retirement & a spot on the TNT booth?

Reactions: movingtarget
Good win by Miami. Jimmy Butler showing out again.
It's actually ridiculous how well he can turn it on in the play-offs. He averaged 6 ppg more in the play-offs last year than he did in the regular season and his FG% and 3pt% both took significant leaps too, along with rebounds and steals going up. He just seems to really know how to pace himself through the regular season and come out firing when it matters.