• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New *astana Kit

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Now this is good use of the sponsor's money - Let's NOT pay the riders but give them new gear !!!

Well, here is another thought - ' But maybe, just maybe - if we can make it ugly and disgusting enough they will quit by themselves and we don't have to pay them ! '

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Levi's New kit

levi just posted this on twitter. Just faded out all the kazakh sponsors. Looks good in my opinion.
bpb.jpg

A

Anonymous

so.. the link between all the sponsors being removed and astanas source stating "it is representing the future direction of the team"....

we are no closer to knowing really are we.. :D

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Rumours say(well, actually deputy chairman of KZ's national cycling federation) that KazMunaiGaz- Kazakhstani national petroleum company have paid all the Astana's debts(or, at least started to do it) and team will continue under the current name. Hopefully, there won't be "Team Amgen" or "Team Trek-Livestrong" bulls..t in July as many people feared (seeing LA for another decade now as a manager and/or owner- Oh, my God...).

Anyway, it is not confirmed but I'm pretty sure the team won't be disbanded.

A

Anonymous

Delicato said:
Rumours say(well, actually deputy chairman of KZ's national cycling federation) that KazMunaiGaz- Kazakhstani national petroleum company have paid all the Astana's debts(or, at least started to do it) and team will continue under the current name. Hopefully, there won't be "Team Amgen" or "Team Trek-Livestrong" bulls..t in July as many people feared (seeing LA for another decade now as a manager and/or owner- Oh, my God...).

Anyway, it is not confirmed but I'm pretty sure the team won't be disbanded.

at the moment KazMunaiGaz, Nike and Trek are all still on the shirts..

interesting twist.. Andrey Zeits is wearing the normal jersey.. he is a khazack to be fare to him.. :D

May 15, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
at the moment KazMunaiGaz, Nike and Trek are all still on the shirts..

I know that.

Read the post on JB's blog about all the situation around Astana, interesting. And already he is advertising his team to some potential US sponsors. But it won't happen-Astana will continue under its current name.

As I know, the main person who actually cares about Astana in KZ's government is the Minister of Defence (who is an amateur cyclist himself). Recently there were some scandals involving some generals and the minister actually had some other important stuff to do, but it is all over now, the President have been told (by Minister) about the financial problems and immediately some calls were made...

It is interesting that all the teams from ex-USSR (i.e. Katusha, ISD,Astana) in this year's Giro are all owned or sponsored by the natural resources companies.

A

Anonymous

Delicato said:
It is interesting that all the teams from ex-USSR (i.e. Katusha, ISD,Astana) in this year's Giro are all owned or sponsored by the natural resources companies.

well yes.. and probably the least said about how they made there money the better, or i will no longer be able to support any of them on ethical grounds..

Lol they really did literally make all the Kazhak sponsors lighter. What the hell? That is very...strange.

If you're going to get rid of the logos, why not just get rid of them? And if Astana's consortium of companies are still the sponsors, shouldn't they be represented on the jersey in a legible fashion? And if they AREN'T still the sponsors, shouldn't they be removed altogether?:confused:

This is so strange, but I guess that, considering the vague financial situation, it's kind of appropriate.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
Lol they really did literally make all the Kazhak sponsors lighter. What the hell? That is very...strange.

If you're going to get rid of the logos, why not just get rid of them? And if Astana's consortium of companies are still the sponsors, shouldn't they be represented on the jersey in a legible fashion? And if they AREN'T still the sponsors, shouldn't they be removed altogether?:confused:

This is so strange, but I guess that, considering the vague financial situation, it's kind of appropriate.

perhaps to anticipate legal complications when you completely remove them.