• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Forum! Feedback thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, we've brought back a lot of the more recent threads. We're now waiting on the Admins and Devs to try and sort the rest out but we think it should cover general forum usage. Post up here if there is a thread you just can't do without, but please bear with us as it might take a while.

I hate to be that guy but it is only the first two pages in the road racing section where the threads have been restored.

You should have the most recent 10 pages now.

GVFTA

BANNED
Ok, we've brought back a lot of the more recent threads. We're now waiting on the Admins and Devs to try and sort the rest out but we think it should cover general forum usage. Post up here if there is a thread you just can't do without, but please bear with us as it might take a while.

You should have the most recent 10 pages now.
Accept US politics?

jpishgar

Feb 13, 2019
Visit site
Hey there folks - our apologies for the issues, we're looking into what may be the source of the temporary interruption and removal of some threads. Signs point to an automatic system responsible for removal of older inactive threads over a certain age potentially malfunctioning. We'll get this sorted in short order.

Much appreciated for your patience on this!

-JP

• Love
Reactions: Lequack
Hey there folks - our apologies for the issues, we're looking into what may be the source of the temporary interruption and removal of some threads. Signs point to an automatic system responsible for removal of older inactive threads over a certain age potentially malfunctioning. We'll get this sorted in short order.

-JP

Much appreciated. :)

GVFTA

BANNED

-JP
All things considered, I would say things got straightened out pretty quick. Thanks for everyone's work.

Reactions: Lequack
The old version basically required a PhD. Unfortunately, I don't think a PhD in Forum Searching is even a thing… there were times I basically gave up, and just went about trying to find the thread manually.

They'd probably still have struggled though...

I think it was pointed out earlier in the thread that the Dark Mode is much more readable than the default mode and that is indeed what I have been using. There is one aspect of the Dark Mode that isn't so great however which I've only just realised. Text in Bold is very difficult to see when the text is white (as it is in Dark Mode). I'm guessing there probably isn't much that can be done about that ?

But anyway if you reply to a post while Bolding something in the original post and refer to the Bolded text then don't expect Dark Mode users to have a clue what you're on about

I think it was pointed out earlier in the thread that the Dark Mode is much more readable than the default mode and that is indeed what I have been using. There is one aspect of the Dark Mode that isn't so great however which I've only just realised. Text in Bold is very difficult to see when the text is white (as it is in Dark Mode). I'm guessing there probably isn't much that can be done about that ?

But anyway if you reply to a post while Bolding something in the original post and refer to the Bolded text then don't expect Dark Mode users to have a clue what you're on about
I'd noticed this as well. I can see it but yes, it's not very obvious. I'd suggest changing the font size instead, code is [ size = xx ] [ / size ] (without the spaces).

What's the deal with the post counters?
20% increase I'm noticing.
Dividends? Interests?

I think this happened when we had issues with the forum a few weeks ago and we had to approve all threads once again as only ancient threads were showing.

It seems some of the older threads may have been in limbo from when the upgrade happened. The post count should now be correct as all threads are once again ‘live’ on here.

Reactions: sir fly
I think this happened when we had issues with the forum a few weeks ago and we had to approve all threads once again as only ancient threads were showing.

It seems some of the older threads may have been in limbo from when the upgrade happened. The post count should now be correct as all threads are once again ‘live’ on here.

The post counts are not correct because all the posts we had in the threads you revived manually still count twice.

I had around 5000 posts before but since I have only been active here in three years, almost all my posts were in those threads, so I almost got the count doubled.

TRENDING THREADS