• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New German Team Alpecin Trek with Schlecks?

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I´m German, I know and use Alpecin, and I can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER imagine Alpecin has the financial means to sponsor a World Tour team.

I think this is just the attempt to get media attention to promote the brand Alpecin.

BTW, I´d love us Germans having a new WT team. I just don´t believe in it.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
241045u.jpg

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
I'm not sure if cancellara will leave the schlecks and go and ride with contador and riis.

The local commentators, yesterday:

"There is a rumor that Cancellara might go to Saxo Bank..."
"With Contador? You know, Fabian gives the impression that his relation to Contador is... cold"
"Well you can treat a cold."
"With euros?"

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Cancellator said:

"With Contador? You know, Fabian gives the impression that his relation to Contador is... cold"
"With euros?"

But if Cancellara was so interested in money he would have been in BMC already.
I don't think money is the first priority for him.

RHRH19861986 said:
I´m German, I know and use Alpecin, and I can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER imagine Alpecin has the financial means to sponsor a World Tour team.

I think this is just the attempt to get media attention to promote the brand Alpecin.

BTW, I´d love us Germans having a new WT team. I just don´t believe in it.
It's not like Vacansoleil is a huge company. Cycling sponsorship is relatively cheap, certainly for the huge exposure you get in the month of July.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It's not like Vacansoleil is a huge company. Cycling sponsorship is relatively cheap, certainly for the huge exposure you get in the month of July.

Also, Trek will probably provide a more than hefty chunk of money.

Cancellator said:

"With euros?"

Hm, I didn't know that. Surprising.

Anyway, if Cancellara goes to Saxo it will be because of Riis and the support he can get there and not because of Alberto.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Hm, I didn't know that. Surprising.

Anyway, if Cancellara goes to Saxo it will be because of Riis and the support he can get there and not because of Alberto.

what support? RSNT are just as strong if not stronger than saxo in the cobbles.

dlwssonic said:
what support? RSNT are just as strong if not stronger than saxo in the cobbles.

Sigh... obviously I was speaking about new signings. :eek:

And, in case you didn't notice, I didn't write that Cancellara will go to Saxo because they have such great cobble support. I wrote that IF Cancellara goes to Saxo, it will be because of Riis and the support the team can give him.

TRENDING THREADS