• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2017 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

No Estonian national champion jersey next year for Sky.
CwXKb1MWEAEmMdG.jpg

1478202823-sky.png

Retaining the iconic black and blue colours of previous Team Sky kits, the 2017 design features data driven graphics representing some of Team Sky’s victories over the past seven seasons. The classic Breton striped shirt served as inspiration for the kit, whilst each line depicts WorldTour (a blue line) and non-WorldTour (a white line) victories. The length of each line depicts the duration of the race victories, from one-day races through to full-width lines representing three-week Grand Tour victories.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-and-castelli-announce-new-kit-partnership/

I don't care for it, personally. I was hoping they'd move to blue.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Seems like he got his powermeter numbers written on bottom his jersey, which is clever because even the clothing company knows that he always got his head down staring at his stem. After all, looking down is his signature pose so the photographer got it right :D

Alexandre B. said:
More riders
froomekit_670.jpg
]

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I can see where they're going with the middle stripes and dashes, but it might just look like splashed muddy water or sweat marks from a distance.

I thought the lines thing was actually very interesting an innovative. In the vein of military medals or stats on trading cards, but understated. In a sport where teams were more stable, I'd think it would be a fun thing to have on (maybe just on the back, though, and even less conspicuously). Although there are real hardcore fanboys of the more marketable teams (Orica, Sky, Cannondale, Movistar, Quickstep, etc) who might like it, and that's who they're ultimately catering for. Since I'd venture most of us here would never shell out for a current-team jersey.

On the bright side I can now go ahead and get either a green Cannondale or this ditty for safe keeping:

team-sky-2015-replica-jersey-blue-EV233099-5000-4.jpg

TRENDING THREADS