• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Live Report Layout

New Live Report Format

• I do not like some changes (please explain below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 5, 2009
Visit site
This poll accepts multiple selections.
Please feel free to share your opinion of the New Live Report Pages.

I like the previous layout more.
I like the new layout more..
I like some of the changes (please explain below).
I do not like some changes (please explain below).

(Personally I like the option to order the report).

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The old style where you could read a page at a time to catch up if you arrived late was great as you could read without seeing what was going on at that moment of you clicking the link. Basically anti-spoiler, pretty much what we've been asking for since the new re-design, instead they keep spoiling the whole site!

The Tweet add-ins are OK, BUT! I don't want CN's tweets I want my tweets (twitter friends I follow) to be listed, the whole point of twitter is to see your followers not somebody else's. Then if you don't log in to twitter you don't see any tweets, that would be the way to go. CN can list their race day twits on-line so you could follow them if you wanted to read their banter.

Options, is the key!

how about i hate the new layout? it led my to look elsewhere for my race coverage.

until it is changed back (or we have the option to do so), i will be following on other sites.

it's a pity... why fix something that's not broken?

I think it's generally a big improvement but I think the backgrounds (the boxes) detract a little too much from the foreground text. It means that you have to really stare at the page to read the contents quickly.

I would keep everything in the same format but use lighter tones:

3144izl.jpg

May 5, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
I think the backgrounds detract too much from the foreground text. I would keep everything in the same format but use lighter tones:

3144izl.jpg

I completely agree. The formatting reminds me of looking at text messages from different people on my cell phone, not at a live race report. Please take this suggestion to heart CN.

One more thing from today's live report.

CN team: I know it must be exciting and that writing what you see as you see it isn't always easy but, please please please, read your updates before you click "Submit".

The spelling and grammar today is atrocious and it kind of invalidates the purpose and the enjoyment of the exercise! ;)

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
The old style where you could read a page at a time to catch up if you arrived late was great as you could read without seeing what was going on at that moment of you clicking the link. Basically anti-spoiler, pretty much what we've been asking for since the new re-design, instead they keep spoiling the whole site!
used it for the first time today, but 'it' asked me if I wanted to put new updates at the top or at the bottom...
So anti-spoiler

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I notice that today, (stage 7 tdf) shows the profile and progress. Haven't noticed it before. On right is the break. Thanks for including/adding that. OMG, a compliment, 2 week ban!

A

Anonymous

thirteen said:
how about i hate the new layout? it led my to look elsewhere for my race coverage.

until it is changed back (or we have the option to do so), i will be following on other sites.

it's a pity... why fix something that's not broken?

try ours. we have pretty pictures. Stage 8

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
the new live report is really good, it is a lot better than before and seems to be updated quicker too I like it, although it could do with a bit that lists who won the points at intermediate sprints and kom bits.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a little difficulty readingthe live report because it refreshes too often. I started reading today's coverage late so I would read a couple of minutes and it would refresh and I would end up having to continuously scroll back to where I was reading. I seem to have to scroll back continuously because it's refreshing all the time. Is there an option to have it refresh less?...