• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If they didn't correct their site, the number of visitors will drop to 2/3 before end of this month. Really what a garbage. And classifications FIRST TEN that's all
RIDICULOUS

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you only the first ten is disappointing, i used to visit cyclingnews for the full results. Sites with news are evrywhere on the net..

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
New web pages

It was a bit of a shock when I first saw it (thinking I'd gone to the wrong site. I'm sure I'll get used to it if it contains the info of the last version...HOWEVER I don't like the way it cuts of the edge of the pages to give a poster appearance, and I could not find a thumbprint for the stage photos (could be me), and more irritating, the old site let you click on the photo to go to the next photo. Alas no more on the current site.http://forum.cyclingnews.com/images/smilies/eek.gif:eek:

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
desiré said:
If they didn't correct their site, the number of visitors will drop to 2/3 before end of this month. Really what a garbage. And classifications FIRST TEN that's all
RIDICULOUS

You just have to click on the "Show More" link to view all of the results. They're all there. It's just easier to find what you're looking for now since you don't have to scroll all the way down a very long page.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
loading speed and navigation

- each new page load time is almost unacceptable even with a T1 line.
- navigation does not seem very logical - too much info whereas the old layout was oldschool but much less distracting
- like many others, not sure how long I painfully live wtih this

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Change is always uncomfortable when you're used to something. I'm disappointed with the redesign, but like anything else, I guess I'll have to suck it up and adapt.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS