• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Trek?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
By what you can see they are definately not normal 6.9's but they are more trek like than anything else. Gone are the days when Lance ride trek badged other bikes :)

looks like they have changed the offset seat tube and increased the size of the downtube. Front forks look really skinny, but that could be the black.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
just got a 09 Madone but on the main Trek site there is mention of a 2010 model so it's no big secret it is due out. Not sure how they manage to change it year after year. Lets just hope they have dumped the luminous paint scheme off the cheaper aluminium frames

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Ug.

(why do I have to type 10 characters?)

Now you don't like Trek because of their association with you-know-who or they are rubbish bikes to ride? Because I've owned Treks and a couple of Giants, and IMO Trek > Giant (as a bike). Which I find pretty crap if you dismiss a bike because they are associated with somebody your not a fan of, but it has nothing to do with the bike itself, especially if you have never ridden one or owned one. Fair enough if you find the bike not that good to ride.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
From my friend that works at Trek...

Look for the new 6-series to be announced the day before the TdF starts. Astana will be riding them in the Tour.

Monster downtube, ovalized seattube and steerer tube, all internal cable routing..etc, etc.

TRENDING THREADS