• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New TRIATHLON header....

...that I just noticed today on the home page. Um, I can appreciate this as reaching out but has this always been there and I have just now seen it for the first time??
Is it just now going up because of a former road cyclist that is now doing Tri's? Does it have to be so prominent? Sorry, but it's irritating and ugly
...just my thoughts.

I don't really care much about it, but I don't like the fact that the font of the Triathlon header is different from the rest. It attracts more attention than it would otherwise - but I guess that's the point.

Fus087 said:
I don't really care much about it, but I don't like the fact that the font of the Triathlon header is different from the rest. It attracts more attention than it would otherwise - but I guess that's the point.

Yes ,Susan, this was my point.
Why make it so jarring unless you are looking to transform this into more of a TRI forum?

just coincidental timing on the font upgrade I guess....
my mistake

mewmewmew13 said:
Yes ,Susan, this was my point.
Why make it so jarring unless you are looking to transform this into more of a TRI forum?

just coincidental timing on the font upgrade I guess....
my mistake

Well, for one thing, the triathlon header isn't visible on the forum pages, and there is no triathlon subforum, so I don't see any reason to get upset.

Nor have I been told that we will start covering triathlon on the news side.

Susan

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Salut!

We're not covering triathlon on CN, it's just some cross-branding with another Future title.

To sum up:

Terrence Cutler: There's something you need to know, Kenny. You're not the only athlete here at Jeff Davis. I happen to be training for a Triathlon right now. Doin' a lot of running, and cycling, swimming. Well you know all about that.

Kenny Powers: No actually I don't. I do SPORTS. Not try to be the best at exercising.

Susan Westemeyer said:
Well, for one thing, the triathlon header isn't visible on the forum pages, and there is no triathlon subforum, so I don't see any reason to get upset.

Nor have I been told that we will start covering triathlon on the news side.

Susan

No I am not upset.

Just commenting that all of a sudden when you log on to cyclingnews there is a bolded and large font that screams TRIATHLON and wondering why that is placed with the content headers of this website....considering it does not really refer to a section of this site....

but as Daniel explains it is another publication/offering entirely....a bit confusing. Might be clarified by grouping with 'magazines' or differentiated somewhat.

and yes, I was thinking of the timing coinciding with other things

and it doesn't seem like the staff is very well-informed by Future Publishing

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Daniel Benson said:
Salut!

We're not covering triathlon on CN, it's just some cross-branding with another Future title.

To sum up:

Terrence Cutler: There's something you need to know, Kenny. You're not the only athlete here at Jeff Davis. I happen to be training for a Triathlon right now. Doin' a lot of running, and cycling, swimming. Well you know all about that.

Kenny Powers: No actually I don't. I do SPORTS. Not try to be the best at exercising.

Can we get the same guy/girl who edited the formatting of such a complex website feature to fix the forum issues? Thanks!