• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Wada List

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I was perusing the new WADA list, since it comes into force tomorrow. I was wondering why pseudoephedrine is back on the list but drugs like codeine, dextromorphan and tramadol remain permitted.

Also, apart from searching trash cans, is there any way of enforcing the rule banning IV drips? If not, what is the point of having that rule?

And will the easing of the salbutomal regulations make any difference?

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Alot of the stuff on the banned list, way overrated & exagerated by the tenants to these forums. Granted, ban riders, let the UCI do they want, but don't act like doping will make you a world beater or it will make any top rider an eventual Tour winner.

Some of the guys on here seem to think doping will have you riding at 15MPH quicker than the day before, when you were clean. That doping see's a rider gain success over a clean riders from the get go & when the honkers do see success, the success continues.

Its unfortunate such evil mixtures of chemicals, hormones & vetinary medications etc wouldn't work for any rider in any team, trying to claim a Tour De France. But there you go. Maybe you can go ask the Kelme-Costa Blanca team, maybe they will tell you what this crap did for there potentials & performances in the Tours, Classics???.. Suddenly they were beating everyone under the sun. Right?. WRONG. Doping doesn't work.

Does a honker beat a clean Cancellara in the TT at the Worlds in Mendrisio?. Does a honker beat a clean Cadel in the Road World championship?

Live & let die. Lets stop putting too much emphasis on doping.

If it didn't work for the Kelme team, then errrrrr.... Whats it gonna do for Armstrong again?...

Thats right...

So what do all the "haters" puts Armstrongs wins down to???... Doping.

Take a walk. Drop the hate.

If doping is making riders fail, it sure ain't gonna make a Armstrong a winner, lol...

riobonito92 said:
I was perusing the new WADA list, since it comes into force tomorrow. I was wondering why pseudoephedrine is back on the list but drugs like codeine, dextromorphan and tramadol remain permitted.

I thought pseudoephedrine was changed to the substances being monitored, but not directly banned this year?

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
This is intended as a serious discussion point.

This is my line of thinking: Many riders that I know take codeine, tramadol or something similar; the younger riders are given it by their team managers who say something like "you can take this, it's ok, its not banned, its not cheating." I think this is a way of introducing these riders to the concept of doping that in some cases breaks a psychological barrier for them - the next step being "take x, it's ok, you won't get caught". Following this logic, I think strong painkillers should be banned.

riobonito92 said:
This is intended as a serious discussion point.

This is my line of thinking: Many riders that I know take codeine, tramadol or something similar; the younger riders are given it by their team managers who say something like "you can take this, it's ok, its not banned, its not cheating." I think this is a way of introducing these riders to the concept of doping that in some cases breaks a psychological barrier for them - the next step being "take x, it's ok, you won't get caught". Following this logic, I think strong painkillers should be banned.

While I can see your path of reasoning, I doubt it would ever happen as painkillers are too common and do not have (I do not think) signficant ergogenic properties.

Just a note on pseudoephedrine: it looks like you would need to take a fair whack of the stuff to be positive. See this linkfor more info.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
Because doctors need to have some options to treat pain and coughs. That's what WADA's Dr. Gary Wadler told me when I asked him about tramadol during a Q&A chat he had on a NY Times blog before the Beijing Olympics. Unfortunately the blog has disappeared from the NY Times site but he said they have to make these kinds of choices to give doctors legitimate options.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Codene Tramadol kills the pain but it kills your form makes you sleepy and feel lousy.

So if you need it because you are hurt seriously take it you wont be in any competition if you need the stuff so dont worry about any testing.
horrible awfull stuff

must be something better than that sh!!!!t

TRENDING THREADS