• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New wheel missing quick release placeholder?

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I am new to upgrading to a pair of new wheel. I just received a pair of new carbon wheels and am clueless of how to fit a quick release on it. My old wheel has a placeholder for the quick release but this new wheel has no quick release holder. What have I missed?
and, my old wheel has the metal placeholder:

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to upgrading to a pair of new wheel. I just received a pair of new carbon wheels and am clueless of how to fit a quick release on it. My old wheel has a placeholder for the quick release but this new wheel has no quick release holder. What have I missed?
and, my old wheel has the metal placeholder:
The new one is for a through axle (12 or 15 mm) (and its missing parts), the old one is for 5 mm quick release. You got the wrong configuration.