• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New York Times 7/14/10

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That big C trump card hits the table again

Another article another chance to play the big C trump card.

Lance quoted
Like I said, as long as we have a legitimate and credible and fair investigation, we’d be happy to cooperate. But I’m not going to participate in any kind of witch hunt. I’ve done too many good things for too many people.”

Armstrong, a cancer survivor who founded a foundation that advocates for cancer research and support, said it would be “a shame” if the case affected his foundation or his efforts in the fight against cancer.

“It would be a shame for a lot of people,” he said. “I can’t control it. Other than clarifying some things, I hope that everybody can pay attention and understand the facts here.”

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Off the front again said:
Wow, well it looks like the NYT is trolling and obfuscating because they have only brought up some of the precise same points as I did.

Isn't that the job of the NYT? I doubt they understand cycling well enough to present any original thought on the subject.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
This latest installment from Juliet M....plenty of interesting points.

Seems Eddie B, the original director of Postal, will be a key figure in the investigation. He was the boss during the so-called EPO era...

Eddie B, friend and coach and mentor of LeMond, there at the birth of the Postal Dynasty. Kind of ironic. And Polish like Novitsky.

Taylor Phinney's mom did not like Eddie B:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119061/index.htm

"It's real bad for cycling, and it's real bad for all of us who didn't participate," said Connie Carpenter, a "completely antisubstance" rider who edged Twigg by millimeters to win the women's road race. "The blame falls directly on the coaching staff, and from everything I've heard since, I'm surprised nobody died." Pursuiter Dave Grylls had also refused blood boosting, and he, too, was quoted as saying there had been pressure from the coaching staff.
The staff they blame is headed by Edward Borysewicz, known to the cycling world as Eddy B. The transfusions were suggested by him. by staff members or by the physician who oversaw the boosting, Dr. Herman Falsetti, a professor of cardiology at the University of Iowa. Last weekend Col. F. Don Miller, executive director of the USOC, said that the "responsible individuals should be held accountable."

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
This latest installment from Juliet M....plenty of interesting points.

Seems Eddie B, the original director of Postal, will be a key figure in the investigation. He was the boss during the so-called EPO era...

Eddie B, friend and coach and mentor of LeMond, there at the birth of the Postal Dynasty. Kind of ironic. And Polish like Novitsky.

Taylor Phinney's mom did not like Eddie B:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119061/index.htm

"It's real bad for cycling, and it's real bad for all of us who didn't participate," said Connie Carpenter, a "completely antisubstance" rider who edged Twigg by millimeters to win the women's road race. "The blame falls directly on the coaching staff, and from everything I've heard since, I'm surprised nobody died." Pursuiter Dave Grylls had also refused blood boosting, and he, too, was quoted as saying there had been pressure from the coaching staff.
The staff they blame is headed by Edward Borysewicz, known to the cycling world as Eddy B. The transfusions were suggested by him. by staff members or by the physician who oversaw the boosting, Dr. Herman Falsetti, a professor of cardiology at the University of Iowa. Last weekend Col. F. Don Miller, executive director of the USOC, said that the "responsible individuals should be held accountable."

How is Eddie B going to be a key figure? He was long gone.

You are mixed up on the mentor part. Eddie was never Greg's mentor, he was however Lance's.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
How is Eddie B going to be a key figure? He was long gone.

You are mixed up on the mentor part. Eddie was never Greg's mentor, he was however Lance's.

I agree on the part about Eddie B not being a figure in the investigation. He had very little to do with Postal.

You're dead wrong on the Eddie B/LeMond connection. He had much more interaction and influence on LeMond's career, though he does bitterly like to claim that he, and not Charmichel, "discovered" Armstrong. I know Eddie pretty well, and it's almost impossible to get him to stop talking about LeMond, and the countless stories of how LeMond is really the only American who didn't suck.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Lance is positioning himself very convincingly for his post cycling career. He's going to play the role of Sgt "I know nothing" Schultz in a remake of Hogan's Heroes. Looks like he may have some competition from Verbruggen

TRENDING THREADS