• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Newbie and Rookie Forum people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please read threads before posting stories in new threads each and every time you see something on the news.

More often than not what you post has been here in the forum for many hours if not days.

Finally. Just about everything Lance Armstrong related should go into his thread. Unless it a major news item.

I know you're all excited but this place has been going for 3-4 years before you lot arrived.

Peace.

Too many premature threads before reading the other threads. There's a lot of information coming hourly. Lets keep them in the contained threads unless its big news like Nike dropping sponsorships etc.

I'll deal with the rest of the mess around here later on.

Rookies need to earn posting stripes before creating threads. We all read twitter and the news. We know what's going on. Most of the time we know what's going before it hits the news outlets.

Keep it real.

mr hog

mr hog...........good to hear that your going to sort this thread.......when you have time no doubt you will lock it for being so obviously 'pointless'

yes! there have been many lance threads .............not just started by new members.............many i have thought would be better in existing 'official armstrong' thread

would it not be better to raise ? here in existing 'moderator' thread in about the forum?

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Can you please read threads before posting stories in new threads each and every time you see something on the news.

More often than not what you post has been here in the forum for many hours if not days.

Finally. Just about everything Lance Armstrong related should go into his thread. Unless it a major news item.

I know you're all excited but this place has been going for 3-4 years before you lot arrived.

Peace.

What a load of nonsense.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Rookies need to earn posting stripes before creating threads.

Keep it real.

I assume the rookies should keep it real to leave the field of making stuff up for dramatic effect clear for you older, wiser heads.

By the way, how long does Wallance and Gromit need to wait until Wallace and Gromit can refer to themselves in the third person like their hero The Hog does?

May 6, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I'll deal with the rest of the mess around here later on.

Rookies need to earn posting stripes before creating threads.

Really. My rookie/newbie understanding is that posts should be about cycling, not about other posters' posting styles or approaches. So why does this thread even exist?

The thread itself demonstrates that experienced posters also blatantly violate new-thread standards and create irrelevant threads.

There, I'm one step closer to 1000 posts. Does that make my posts automatically more relevant? :rolleyes:

People do not come to the site for information only. This is a forum and people come here for interaction and discussion. As such, bemoaning folks who ask questions which have been asked before or advising them to use the search feature is not in the spirit of the forum and is quite frankly rude.

The forum wants new members, and those of us who have been here for a while have a responsibility to welcome these folks.

If you don't want to reply to new members posts or questions, the appropriate response is to simply move on. Thanks in advance for helping to make this place nicer and more welcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS