• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nibali still a clean champion?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

is Nibali cleans?

• Not sure, need more evidence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
Maybe a have to review my opinion. Why dope when you start winning some decent races like Settimana Coppi&Bartali (stage) or GP Ouest France in your second year? Most riders start when they don't win or to just stay in pro cycling.

Because with doping, you can win really big races like the Giro and Tour?

Dr. Juice said:
Maybe a have to review my opinion. Why dope when you start winning some decent races like Settimana Coppi&Bartali (stage) or GP Ouest France in your second year? Most riders start when they don't win or to just stay in pro cycling.
Probably started doping before turning pro. Certainly wouldn't surprise me, though he doesn't strike me as someone like Di Luca who would go pedal to the metal instantly. Transfusions during his first GT or at least CERA is also likely imho.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Unfortunately, if they have to oust Astana, then they should also oust Sky, Tinkov and all the rest. That is, if they are all on a level playing field.

They seem just determined not to have a rider winning the biggest event of the sport two years in a row. They've managed to do it for 10 years now.

robow7 said:
Let's pretend Nibs is clean, but then he has teammates all around him, that are sheltering him, saving him for that one last climb, and we already know that some of them are high octane, then is he really clean even if he was clean?

Nah, the unnatural advantage is just delivered via a different avenue.

Netserk said:
So if Lemond's teammates were doping when they helped him, he wasn't really clean?

The obvious answer if all the above were true is that the rider(s) in question would be clean, but their results aren't.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Quite dirty.

7773152807_l-italien-vincenzo-nibali-au-second-plan-a-ete-le-grand-vainqueur-de-l-etape-des-paves-mercredi-9-juillet-2014.jpg

the answer of course is no.

never was.

and if you needed proof, the absolutely ridiculous jump in form between the dauphine and TDF could not have made it clearer.

nibali is a dope-fiend. anyone who CHOOSES to ride for astana when they could go many other places is a doper.

...lol and i remember being lambasted on these very forums for mentioning it back when he won the giro in 2013.

it's the natural persecution that comes with always being right, I guess. :D

TRENDING THREADS