• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nice interview from Matt Cooke, about racing clean vs Zabriskie, Levi, ...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Think about it. Most people as children have been admonished at some point or another "don't be a tattletale". Some of these people one may become friends with before finding out. That doesn't make it easy either. it is possible that one may expect proof of said allegations or else it becomes a "he says she says". Think about how you reacted in college, a fraternity, your own business. Is it innate to sound the alarm every time you spot wrongdoing? So I really couldn't see more generalized grousing. But of course that doesn't come off as too meaningful, as we saw when Jonathan Tienan Locke and/or his interviewer received criticism for not naming names,

Nick C. said:
Think about it. Most people as children have been admonished at some point or another "don't be a tattletale". Some of these people one may become friends with before finding out. That doesn't make it easy either. it is possible that one may expect proof of said allegations or else it becomes a "he says she says". Think about how you reacted in college, a fraternity, your own business. Is it innate to sound the alarm every time you spot wrongdoing? So I really couldn't see more generalized grousing. But of course that doesn't come off as too meaningful, as we saw when Jonathan Tienan Locke and/or his interviewer received criticism for not naming names,

I'd just like to add it doesn't help that USAC is totally okay with doping. The only thing the federation is going to do is nothing. So, the DISincentive to say or do anything is quite strong.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Watch how many pros back Matt Cooke and that will tell you where the sport is at?

Will anyone from Garmin give a big shout out to Cooke for telling the truth about what he knows about doping?

Will anyone from Garmin who cheated say sorry to Cooke?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Watch how many pros back Matt Cooke and that will tell you where the sport is at?

Will anyone from Garmin give a big shout out to Cooke for telling the truth about what he knows about doping?

Will anyone from Garmin who cheated say sorry to Cooke?

You would think the younger guys that have at different times been quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm glad I don't have to face those choices..." might chirp up. But then again will anyone look for them to get a quote.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Nick C. said:
You would think the younger guys that have at different times been quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm glad I don't have to face those choices..." might chirp up. But then again will anyone look for them to get a quote.

I would expect quite a few of the 'new' generation to pipe up if there has been a change in the sport, but i wont hold my breath......

Those guys I just mentioned, Horner too

Heh. He'll get slaughtered for that comment by the legions of american fans who are blind enough to think Horner is clean.

Judging from the comments those people leave in so many sites, I have come to the conclusion that if Horner killed a baby a lot of them would claim the baby had it coming.

GuyIncognito said:
Heh. He'll get slaughtered for that comment by the legions of american fans who are blind enough to think Horner is clean.

Judging from the comments those people leave in so many sites, I have come to the conclusion that if Horner killed a baby a lot of them would claim the baby had it coming.

#letHornerRide !!!:D

Duder needs a charity to take it to the next level. He can do so much good for cheese burgers or something.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
cos most who have ridden clean either

i)resigned to losing to dopers but were not necessarily ok with it but still stayed shtum
ii)got out of the sport instead of committing a major portion of their life to the sport
iii)made an expedient/utilitation decision, that any protest was only going to come back on their @rse tenfold and hurt them more
iv)friends friendships with dopers were more important than protesting an entire peloton of dopers doping pleonasm

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Good interview.
I'm still amazed by how few mad Cookes we get.
Where is the broad outcry?

I think he explains it himself.

I wish other riders would speak up because we could make a change. But some are still racing and they are afraid of losing their jobs, and they actually should be afraid.
Then this:
There are some things I am afraid to say because there are powerful people in the sport that would give me a hard time. Not physically but we have mutual friends and I don’t want there to be tension.

GuyIncognito said:

Are there enough bike racing fans in the USA to constitute a legion?

MarkvW said:
Are there enough bike racing fans in the USA to constitute a legion?

Horner bots are very real. They just dont post in the clinic.

Sometime this year Horner's doing another fantastic performance and this warms up the 2013 story on Outside about Horner's blood values. Someone in HornerbotLand adds a 2014 comment stating his values are very reasonable for someone that needs to drink more water.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Horner bots are very real. They just dont post in the clinic.

Sometime this year Horner's doing another fantastic performance and this warms up the 2013 story on Outside about Horner's blood values. Someone in HornerbotLand adds a 2014 comment stating his values are very reasonable for someone that needs to drink more water.

Dehydration, the excuse of champions!

Nick C. said:

Betsy Andreu made it clear to Frankie she would not lie for him or Lance. Now there is some-one who made a meaningful commitment to honesty. These people do exist in the USA, but their reward is vilification and not support. America has a real crisis in moral integrity (as do peoples of other countries) and Matt Cooke reminds us of how profound that crisis is.

Matt Cooke has cojones, the dopers don't.

TRENDING THREADS