• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nike dopers

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Thought it might be interesting to list all Nike sponsored dopers.

Armstrong
Rupp
Tiger Woods
Gatlin
A-Rod
Carl Lewis
Marion Jones
Rio Ferdinand

Benotti69 said:
Thought it might be interesting to list all Nike sponsored dopers.

Armstrong
Rupp
Tiger Woods
Gatlin
A-Rod
Carl Lewis
Marion Jones
Rio Ferdinand

Don't forget about doping teams, especially non-WADA sports like NFL, and NBA. I don't know about professional soccer leagues and which teams get which gear, or other leagues for that matter, but Nike has also has their fingers in the NCAA. Ignoring recruitment, amateurism, and academic cheating, drug tests are ignored, covered up, and generally inadequate. My own alma mater, a Nike sponsored athletics program, is found to have covered up positive drug tests (recreational).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
what are the criteria for inclusion here?
i don't think Woods and Lewis ever officially tested positive.

What counts as official? The officials are as much part of the fraud as the athletes............

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cav would be a good inclusion to the Nike stable, they need a Frodo and hobbit at Eugene Oregon, they are missing sponsoring a Peter Jackon central casting hobbit.

Also, just cos of no positive tests we know, probably never was even testing then, Michael Jordan, add him in, the athlete who built Nike on the back on his own traps.

You can build muscle as a 6'6" athlete, a skinny athlete, you can build as much muscle as MJ as a genetically skinny athlete. But not if you have to pursue a full time career in a sport requiring the neuro-muscular fine motor co-ordination skill sport.

those traps and shoulders, not natural under this restriction. see his physique as a 21yo junior tarheel at chapel hill.

Don't remember the point where I turned the other way
Oh, whatever happened to the good old days
It first started out as harmless enough
And then Skinny John said how easy it was

CATHERINE BRITT, Good to Bad
(2015 Universal Music Australia)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
images

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Well come on, let's be real. 90% of the sports world (number pulled out of my ass) is sponsored by Nike. If you are implying Nike actively dopes or encourages doping, then we got something, but this is just seems coincidental.

How much of the doped peloton wear Oakley sunglasses?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

IamIronMan said:
Well come on, let's be real. 90% of the sports world (number pulled out of my ass) is sponsored by Nike. If you are implying Nike actively dopes or encourages doping, then we got something, but this is just seems coincidental.

Phil Liggett sleeps on his plane with Lance Armstrong doesnt he rochelle gilmore?

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
IamIronMan said:

Phil Liggett sleeps on his plane with Lance Armstrong doesnt he rochelle gilmore?
Sorry, this went so far over my head I don't even.....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

IamIronMan said:

Just do it............................................

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
serena-williams.jpg

COME ON !

Congratulations to Serena Williams for her 20th slam.

The American announcers said "It is amazing, that at 34, when most tennis players are washed up, SERENA IS STILL DOMINATING THE SPORT" !

Dominating a sport while having almost no tennis skill whatsoever, other than being MUCH stronger than her opponents. She played while suffering the "flu". What a courageous woman.

WHAT AN AMERICAN HERO, AND A WONDERFUL ROLE MODEL FOR AFRICAN-AMERICAN GIRLS !

Oh, and congratulations to the ITF, for keeping the DRUGS CHEATS out of the game, so that clean players like Serena get their deserved glory.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Andynonomous said:
[

The American announcers said "It is amazing, that at 34, when most tennis players are washed up, SERENA IS STILL DOMINATING THE SPORT" !

.......... A WONDERFUL ROLE MODEL FOR AFRICAN-AMERICAN GIRLS !......and BOYS with muscles like that. She is probably more male than female at present.......

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Andynonomous said:
serena-williams.jpg

COME ON !

Wow, this is the first time I'm seeing this picture.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that every single nike athlete well known enough to have a wikipedia entry is a doper (defined as: has broken anti-doping rules at least once in their career).

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That's some very low bodyfat. Cyclists would be pround. Ok, So C. Ronaldo is suspicious, but of course he never tested positive. What about Sharapova. Is there any visual evidence?

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
That's some very low bodyfat. Cyclists would be pround. Ok, So C. Ronaldo is suspicious, but of course he never tested positive. What about Sharapova. Is there any visual evidence?

I suspect Sharapova, because :
1) You can't compete in the WTA without dope, and she has won multiple slams (they are called PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING drugs for a reason).
2) She is 6'2", even though her family members are average height, and she kept growing taller into her 20s (most women hit their growth spurt between the ages of 9-12, then grow outwards). I VERY STRONGLY suspect that she was on HGH as a teen.
3) Many of the suspected PED users in tennis had pushy relatives as their coaches when they were younger (Agassi, Capriotti, Pierce, Murray, Nadal, Williams). Sharapova's father Yuri is a classical pushy tennis parent.

TRENDING THREADS