• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nike drops Armstrong

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The 4 corners documentary made it very apparent (allegedly) that Oakley (allegedly) suborned McIlvain to (allegedly) perjure herself.

They are jointly and severally liable for their employees tort misconduct as I seem to recall from college. So when an employee does that on behalf of the company without Oakley's blessing, it doesn't offer a lot of cover.

At least at this stage Trek appears to be less exposed, bu 'at this stage' is the operative phrase.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
The 4 corners documentary made it very apparent (allegedly) that Oakley (allegedly) suborned McIlvain to (allegedly) perjure herself.

They are jointly and severally liable for their employees tort misconduct as I seem to recall from college. So when an employee does that on behalf of the company without Oakley's blessing, it doesn't offer a lot of cover.

At least at this stage Trek appears to be less exposed, bu 'at this stage' is the operative phrase.

McIlvain is royally screwed. Her defense thus far was that she was drunk and was just kidding when she threatened Betsy. Now, if she uses the defense that Oakley and Armstrong's lawyers told her what to say in her court testimony, who is going to believe her?

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
LA not feeling quite so full of himself today. That's a good chunk of undeserved cash he won't be getting his grubby hands on.

The livestrong board resignation is ambiguous though, looks like he just resigned as chairman, not from the board as a whole.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
LA not feeling quite so full of himself today. That's a good chunk of undeserved cash he won't be getting his grubby hands on.

The livestrong board resignation is ambiguous though, looks like he just resigned as chairman, not from the board as a whole.

No more Michelob fer Lance....contract will not renew = another one bites the dust.

Oakley next, Trek in too deep and knows too much.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
No more Michelob fer Lance....contract will not renew = another one bites the dust.

Oakley next, Trek in too deep and knows too much.

Who knows?. One thing is definitely for sure though. Nike dropped the BALL today. :D

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:

Can you picture control freak Armstrong sitting amongst the plebian board members and not at the head of the table controlling the board business?

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
ITV News at Ten Tonight

I've just seen a trailer for ITV News at Ten tonight, the lead story is Nike dropping Armstrong, and the angle is `is there more to it...'.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
it's nice to see how lance get's a taste of his own medicine. getting used by people/companies bigger than even him, like how he (ab)used riders especially when they left his team or wanted to speak out

marcozero said:
Hum, maybe his lawyers will drop him too... "Being duped" for so long too. :D

If they were smart, not a chance. Why get rid of your cash cow? they could string Wonderboy along for many years, dipping into his millions, and then taking a hearty portion of them, and then "suddenly" leaving him when they've sucked enough money(erm I mean dope) from him.

TRENDING THREADS