• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nike imagery around Lance

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that Nike are sticking with Lance (for now)

Nike's full statement reads: "We are saddened that Lance Armstrong may no longer be able to participate in certain competitions and [that] his titles appear to be impacted. Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors."

Once pictures like this are photoshopped up and sent around the world, making (more of) a mockery of their "brand", how long do you give them before they dump him?

NikeFree.jpg

more imagery available
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,men_livestrong
http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Nike-Livestrong/182458

nike_cycling_01_704x0.jpg

I mean struth- the Nike cycling web site is called Defy the Forces of Nature ( I am not making this up)

Lance Armstrong worked with the team at Nike to design and test a line of cycling gear and apparel that would make cyclists faster. Their work contributed to six Tour de France victories.

http://www.odopod.com/work/nike-cycling/

"The site represents Nike's commitment to giving cyclists around the globe the same competitive advantages they've given Lance. "

Truly- I don't know if this belongs in teh Clinic, but what a joke Nike are

Nike "Just Cheat". Swoosh

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
The Gnome said:
well, they have no problem using child slave workers to make their products...why would making money off a drug addict be a big deal?

is picture screaming to say "photoshop me"?

22321.jpg

99kilos said:

it really is just sick.

nike made their decision that they could make a ton of money off the whole cancer recovery story and in the process helped destroy the sport, other individual's lives, and ensured that the fraud would continue. you've got nike and verdruggen who will stop at nothing to support armstrong because armstrong has the goods on them as much as they do on him...it has been armstrong's m.o. to involve everyone in his fraud so that they won't dare speak out.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
That would be sooo sweet if the Nike gangsters go down the toilet with Armstrong, Heini and the other accomplices. It´s difficult to achive, but OTOH no one in the world thought Nixon would go down. It´s possible, it´s possible.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Man it´s worse than i ever thought. And i thought the worst. I remember thinking Pharmstrong isn´t just doping, his whole cancer story must be fake, he must be protected, he must have been planned for long by some powerful people, and those decided to make that hollywood story in cycling. I never mentioned it, b/c i didn´t wanted to be called a conspiracy theorist.
But now, more and more it seems i wasn´t that far off.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
That would be sooo sweet if the Nike gangsters go down the toilet with Armstrong, Heini and the other accomplices. It´s difficult to achive, but OTOH no one in the world thought Nixon would go down. It´s possible, it´s possible.

No more excuse for the FED/FBI not to get involved. They have got to re-open criminal investigation, except we don't know how high this went. LA had lunch with French president, rode bikes with GWB.....?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
jilbiker said:
No more excuse for the FED/FBI not to get involved. They have got to re-open criminal investigation, except we don't know how high this went. LA had lunch with French president, rode bikes with GWB.....?

indeed, this goes deep.

on the other hand, i've been waiting for more salient data on cover-ups to be released. Race Radio has hinted on several occasions that we'd be hearing more about cover-ups. The data in the recent USADA file weren't really providing much news in that respect, so one could figure that there still was (and hopefully is) new cover-up-related info out there waiting to be released.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I guess almost all clinic guys boycott Nike. But you have to let them know it.

If "D-Qued" reads this post, he may can post the nike mail adress of this vice president (?) again. It´s no need to write the protest to some low paid customer care slave in a small bunker like office in india...

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I'd be far from happy

in Australia, our national Football/Soccer association have recently re-signed Nike to sponsor our national team/making their kits for the next 11 years...losing that for us will be disastrous...

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
singletrack mind said:
Unfortunately that is hearsay. The actual definition if hearsay, not the fanboy definition. Unless Devries confirms it, that is.

True enough. But Nike's support of Lance is on morally shaky ground already. Sticking with Kobe and Tiger through their personal falls is one thing. Backing an athletic crime syndicate -- is there any other way to put it? -- is quite another.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
AussieEdge said:
I'd be far from happy

in Australia, our national Football/Soccer association have recently re-signed Nike to sponsor our national team/making their kits for the next 11 years...losing that for us will be disastrous...

Geez...I think your football would survive...might be nice to be wearing clothing not made by enslaved child workers as well...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
AussieEdge said:
I'd be far from happy

All that may (hopefully) will happen is some image problem and thus less sold nike shirts etc...
And even if Nike really goes down (which sure won´t happen), you would have capitalism how it was meant to be (& not like is in our days of co-operate government bailouts of multis by corruption):
One company goes off the market, another one joins the market. In your case; adidas or puma would fill the void.
Conclusion: Never ever feel something for those big companies. They all cheated their way to the top. There is no exception. Only that Nike is the worst in the sports market, like BP & Exxon are the worst in the oil market...

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
IFRider said:
Just seen this in California...

2s668op.jpg

Well TJmaxx is just a place where most department store items that did not get sold before the new line or design's come in.

When you start seeing the Main department stores throw it out on that type of sale then that will be the end of the ugly Yellow and Black gear.

So nothing to get all worked up about.

TRENDING THREADS