• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Niki Terpstra thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

bob.a.feet said:
TBH it just seemed like a bad pun to me and not implying anything, but then again I'm probably wrong.
It couldn't be clearer he is implying Manzana Postobon are a bunch of terrorists. Air planes, security check, BOM. You know Pablo Escobar and the plain crashes in the 80's? Then again I don't really expect Niki Terpstra to know such stuff because, well, Colombians = terrorists, dah.

Then to top it off he posts another classless picture, most likely insinuating Colombians are poor. What a total jackass...

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea I couldn't work out if I was being an idiot, insensitive or what was going on.

All I've figured out is bom sounds like bomb.

Really riled up a lot of people though. Someone who understands care to explain?

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
bob.a.feet said:
TBH it just seemed like a bad pun to me and not implying anything, but then again I'm probably wrong.
It couldn't be clearer he is implying Manzana Postobon are a bunch of terrorists. Air planes, security check, BOM. You know Pablo Escobar and the plain crashes in the 80's? Then again I don't really expect Niki Terpstra to know such stuff because, well, Colombians = terrorists, dah.

Then to top it off he posts another classless picture, most likely insinuating Colombians are poor. What a total jackass...
But at the same time I could easily imagining someone saying those things without implying anything, but either way it comes across as offensive regardless of whether or not he meant anything by it.

Valv.Piti said:

Maybe he was messing with Jetse Bol. Anyone knows if the two dutchies get along well?

I don't get the media storm either, seemed an harmless joke to me (not really funny, but still a joke). But everything nowadays is a way to smash someone else on social networks, so I'm not surprised by the outcome, tbh.

I think Terpstra just made a joke in poor taste and he's unfortunately just a cyclist. Commedians were able to crack any joke and get away with it, but unfortunately we now live in a world where you can't offend anyone. Wanna make a joke? You have to take the piss out of homo neandertalus because they can't get back at you and even then some whiny people will find something to *** about. People are fine with humour aslong as you don't *** on them, a bit like racism really, some will only care when they are being discriminated against. I bed you that half of the posters writing "oh no, Terpstra is am arse" are just doing this because of social pressure and if it wasn't for someone's initial reaction they wouldn't have moved a finger on their keyboard.

Then to top it off he posts another classless picture, most likely insinuating Colombians are poor. What a total jackass...[/quote]

This is the bit I really didn't like, not that his first pathetic attempt at a joke had anything to like about it. What right does he have to poke fun at a fellow rider unless he is a mate and it is a personal joke between you , which I find highly unlikely. It clearly isn't a race shirt , probably part of the casual gear provided by the sponsor, which I rather like. No doubt Terpstra was also wearing something provided by his sponsor if he was doing his job right. Terpstra is clearly an idiot who has the warped superiority complex of a lot of Northern Europeans.

Not a word in this thread about his amazing performance yesterday :confused: I know this guy is not very popular around here, but still... This could be very well a ride of the season so far. Anyway for me, he's one of the top favorites for the upcoming two Monuments, especially for Roubaix.

TRENDING THREADS