• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ninja de la Vuelta

The red jersey is for the race leader, but the black mask is metaphorically to be worn by the rider who is highest placed in GC with no stage top 10. After the Tour de France, the rule is tweaked such that no matter how well a rider's team does in the Team Time Trial (stage 1) is irrelevant to his ninja-ness.

So who will make the silent intervention into the upper ranks?

My entry: Dani Navarro

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
1. NIEVE ITURRALDE Mikel
2. LANDA MEANA Mikel
3. HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
4. BRAMBILLA Gianluca
5. SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel
6. CARDOSO MARTINS André Fernando S.
7. SICARD Romain
8. NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
9. DE CLERCQ Bart
10. ROSSETTO Stéphane

Being high ranked in this stage of the race isn't necessarily good, as it increases the likelihood of making a mistake and becoming 10th somewhere. Right now the differences are small, and there are still many contenders.

Nieve has ruled himself out: the ninja top 10 are
12 SICARD Romain
13 BRAMBILLA Gianluca @ 00:00:01
14 JEANDESBOZ Fabrice @ 00:00:48
16 DE CLERCQ Bart @ 00:03:09
17 CARDOSO Andre Fernando Santos Martins @ 00:03:38
18 ROSSETTO Stéphane @ 00:04:08
19 SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel @ 00:04:26
20 ELISSONDE Kenny @ 00:04:53
21 NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel @ 00:05:23
23 ARROYO DURAN David @ 00:09:15

Looking good so far for Rote Laterne's selection, although by the traditional terms of ninja-ness, Sicard was probably too visible in the break today.

Konig would be the Ninja leader, and Bennett would also be ahead of Meintjes. I was persuaded during the first edition of this little distraction that team time trials should not count (although I think Kennaugh's Red jersey would have to).

I thought that Mike Tichondrius had sort of taken this over, so I didn't get around to inviting predictions on this.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Konig would be the Ninja leader, and Bennett would also be ahead of Meintjes. I was persuaded during the first edition of this little distraction that team time trials should not count (although I think Kennaugh's Red jersey would have to).

I thought that Mike Tichondrius had sort of taken this over, so I didn't get around to inviting predictions on this.

aah ok. I removed the top-10 after the TTT from the competition.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:

Heh, I'd gladly run it, but was away from all kinds of civilization during week one of the Vuelta (actually in Spain itself at one point, heh). So no showrunning this time. :p

TRENDING THREADS