• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Campers for Pro Riders

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
who cares
they can bring their van and use it and if UCI try something even a junior lawyer can make a mockery out of UCI rules in any court
nobody can told you were you have to sleep

Re:

SkyTears said:
who cares
they can bring their van and use it and if UCI try something even a junior lawyer can make a mockery out of UCI rules in any court
nobody can told you were you have to sleep

It's as of now an explicit rule. If Sky believes they are above the rules, then they will get penalized accordingly. So yes, teams can be told where to sleep. Look, they just have. Hotels. Good luck to any lawyer (as if the proportion of it even demands such...) trying to make a case as to why Sky legitimately broke a clear-cut rule, and their rational excuses. This arrogance...

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
this rule is made by an idiot that has no clue and it's against a ton of EU (and not only EU) laws
at the 1st challenge it will be dropped from UCI rules

Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Only new fans of cycling care about this stuff, normal people dont give a f.

I saw Lemond ride, and I do importance to this things, maybe some people must up to date their mind.
Rest is the most important think for recovery, and recovery is the most important thing in a GC, some people need to stay with friends talking, other need to *** his girlfriend, other to chat on internet to be ready for the next day, but some people can be ok just taking rest, dont worry about any other thing and isolated for the world,...

If for those people they sleep every day in the perfect bed for them and they have everything for them to have the better rest, that is important.

i suppose that when cycling started to give massage to riders after race, some people said: just new people care about this stuff...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Terrible news. With people like Newton, Einstein, Dirac and Kerrison, you just get the hell out of the way and let them advance science. UCI may have unintentionally prevented the next paradigm changing contribution to sports science.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

argyllflyer said:
some of the hotels are pretty dire are they not? Froome's not taken this well I see, has spent the night on twitter trolling the UCI with pics of various hellholes.

Poor Froome.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
It is an advantage that is not allowed and I think is good...It is almost impossible that money dont give an advantage, so as lees advantage are for money, for me better.

As well that hotels must get money for cycling, so that way towns pay.

well, well taxi doing more than just driving the car.
Yea, pro cycling is very fragile financially.

Beside a camper is the sort of round metal thingy people towed behind their cars in the sixties.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Much of the reason local governments are pouring money into races are to promote tourisme in the area. The hotel owners in France and Italy are probably not overjoyed by some of cyclings biggest stars rather sleeping in a motorhome in the hotel parking lot than in the hotel rooms. It's bad for the image.

Dog

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't see why the UCI need to set rules on matters such as these. The benefit of sleeping in a motor home over a hotel was most likely non existent.

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Ha Skybots, your salty tears taste so sweet. Without getting too clinical, pullalongs and rvs haven't had the best history in cycling. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. But by all means continue crying, we actually like it.

Edited for grammar.

Another stupid UCI rule made in the interest of fairness. What is next, I propose some more
1. All accommodations shall be on the same floor and equidistant to the dining hall and the lobby. This is to avoid extra distance for some riders to travel
2. All post race conferences are banned to avoid undue stress for the leader.
3. All roads shall be 198 m wide so that no rider gets an unfair start.
4. All leaks to be taken at the same time
5. All riders must eat at the same time
6. All riders must take the same amount of bidons
7. All riders must work equally at the front in the peloton
8. All riders must eat the same food.
and ad infinitum.

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Another stupid UCI rule made in the interest of fairness. What is next, I propose some more
1. All accommodations shall be on the same floor and equidistant to the dining hall and the lobby. This is to avoid extra distance for some riders to travel
2. All post race conferences are banned to avoid undue stress for the leader.
3. All roads shall be 198 m wide so that no rider gets an unfair start.
4. All leaks to be taken at the same time
5. All riders must eat at the same time
6. All riders must take the same amount of bidons
7. All riders must work equally at the front in the peloton
8. All riders must eat the same food.
and ad infinitum.

Hyperbole on the webs? That's new and creative.

UCI stated that the decision, "was made in order to reaffirm absolute fairness between all riders", and was made effective immediately.Lol these guys are beyond ***,not that the motorhome proved too helpful for Richie in Giro.
I remembered G.posted this a few days ago from his Suisse holliday:
21cz2bm.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts